View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Thoughts about trying LSD

imull

Greenlighter
Well, here's the big question: do I try LSD or not? LSD is something that I've been very interested in for a long time. It is something that I think that I would like to do. I hear that it can be the most incredible, life changing thing that somebody can experience and can open your mind. I talked to a friend for 2 hours on a bus about his trips and he seemed to enjoy them very much. It is something that I would really like to try, except for some OTHER things that I have heard about the drug. Sometimes I go through forums and find people who have nervous breakdowns, go to the hospital, go into deep depression, and experience negative changes in their life. I worry that if I take it, one of those things might happen to me and I might be really messed up or something. I'm fairly good at math and it's the only thing that I have going for me right now, and what if I'm not able to do it anymore after I trip or something? I am very concerned and would love some input. Thanks.

Don't worry so much, but don't go in with such expectations of life changing experiences.
The ability to have introspective trips is often a skill which is learned through experience with psychedelics.
The curiosity you possess is good, but the worry you have might hinder your trip.
You simply won't have a bad trip and suddenly "not be able to do math" as you say, it just doesn't work like that.
I have had a couple bad trips from mushrooms and am more or less entirely the same as before, if not a little wiser.
May I ask your age?

They can be pretty trying experiences if you fall into mind loops and confusion.
I have legitimately thought I have died or gone entirely insane during a trip just to pass out at some point and wake up completely fine, but completely exhausted.
Mind you I have only had one trip like that out of 50+ psychedelic experiences and that was my very first psychedelic experience, and likely only happened because I was alone.
If you have a friend who has tripped before to trip with you I would say the likelihood of anything but a great time happenening are pretty slim

Make sure it's LSD first. I have tripped a lot when I was younger, but back then RCs weren't around. LSD is fun, that's about it. Try DMT, or Strong salvia, if your looking for a mind expansion. LSD can be fun tho, or scary.

Well I'm going to be around at least 10 friends when I do it. And would you recommend doing it during the day or night? Morning?

I generally find day tripping to be the most positive. I depends on the substance. For example mushrooms I really prefer to be outside during the day. I haven't had a lot of LSD experience so I'll let others answer more.

Make sure it's LSD first. I have tripped a lot when I was younger, but back then RCs weren't around. LSD is fun, that's about it. Try DMT, or Strong salvia, if your looking for a mind expansion. LSD can be fun tho, or scary.
Yes, make sure it is indeed LSD. At least with LSD you know there is no physical danger.

In all honesty, if you go in thinking you'll be fine, you will then be fine. A bad trip is just a bad trip. You will not end up in a hospital from LSD unless your friends freak out for some reason, as LSD will never physically harm you. It is the most life changing experience I have ever had personally, in all positive ways.

You're concerned about your math skills? Don't be. LSD has no permanent effect on your brain chemistry. It doesn't leave any physical evidence behind even. It passes out of your system within days. My roommate is an Engineering major at our university, and he has done fine throughout college, even after taking far more dangerous drugs in high quantities, as well as LSD.

LSD was my first psych. I, like others, thought I went insane when I tried it. You might feel so too. But it always wears off. You will not go insane. Always keep in your mind, it's just a drug. A powerful, mind expanding (and you will find out just what expanding your mind is hah) drug, but just a drug. It has a similar toxicity profile to mushrooms and cannabis, as in you can take copious amounts and not be harmed physically. It might freak you out even, but the effects will pass. Almost every time I trip personally, I get really anxious in the beginning, and feel like I never want to drugs. These feelings do suck. But I always come back to psychs, because the infinite emotions, revelations, and complete awe at the universe you experience is entirely worth an hour of feeling uneasy for no reason. Trust me.

Any words people try to use to explain the experience will fall completely short as you might find out. If there is any purpose to life, LSD might help you find it. It certainly gave me more purpose.

And if it's bitter, it's a spitter. No matter what your friends might say. It's a proven fact that LSD has little to no taste.

Good luck in your future journeys, I hope you find LSD as useful in your life as many of us already have.

I'm usually very happy and energetic whenever I drink or smoke. Is this any indicator of how I may be on LSD?

Well I'm going to be around at least 10 friends when I do it. And would you recommend doing it during the day or night? Morning?
Personally I recommend being with a close knit group of friends, I've only ever done it with one or two people, and the feelings of connected consciousness and comfort are amazing.

I freak out in large groups even sober though. Maybe you're more of an extrovert.

Also, I've always tripped starting after dark. It's my personal preference. I love that hopeful feeling of seeing the sun coming up, and knowing that the day will always come.

I'm usually very happy and energetic whenever I drink or smoke. Is this any indicator of how I may be on LSD?
Cannabis and alcohol are nothing like LSD. You may feel fear. You may also feel feelings you have never before known you could feel. Indescribable feelings of complete bliss and awe.

Also, if you're usually a toker, I like to keep weed around for the trip. Sometimes it just feels like the right thing to do.

Great post, cheers. :)
Thanks, if that's directed at me lol.

Well, I guess I wouldn't be with ALL of them at the same time. I'd probably ask one or two close friends to watch me and they are all pretty close friends anyways.

Well, I guess I wouldn't be with ALL of them at the same time. I'd probably ask one or two close friends to watch me and they are all pretty close friends anyways.
Use your own judgement on that. Some people have frightened me on LSD. Others have shown me the way, been a spirit guide.

You may like group tripping. Some people like it more, some less.

^^It was, :)

Cannabis and alcohol really have nothing to do with LSD or other psychedelics. Marijuana is a very minor psychedelic so any experience you have combatting marijuana anxiety may help you in dealing with expected psychdedelic realms. But it doesn't even begin to compare.

My best advice is, lay back, turn on some good music that inspires good feelings in you, and close your eyes, and just go with whatever happens.

When I have bad feelings arise, I like to listen to Beatles records. They're very upbeat. Also, about your concerns on depression, I've been depressed ever since I was 15. But LSD shoots me out of depression like a rocket, for months on end. It has done wonders where weed, SSRI's, everything else could do nothing.

I'm 18. Really how bad is a bad trip anyways?

forget the bad trip bs,I never had bad trip and I was in very bad situations...

if u believe in badtrip u certainly get one,if I was thinking about bad trips on my first acid trip at some point I would end up butt naked writting alien illuminati space lizard hieroglyphs with my fresh stool on neighbours garage door

Okay, so here's another question: What is music like on LSD?

what its like? too lazy to describe,but its very much like going from 192kbps VBR mp3 on 15 dollar in ear headphones played from your smartphone, to hi end headphone like Audeze LCD3 or Stax Sr-009 with 20.000 dollar worth amp and dac playing 24bit 96.000khz wav

its so much better,the detail,the definition,the pleasure,the stereo soundstage,dat bass... you will be shocked how good it is

maxresdefault.jpg