TDS Thoughts about killing people

Artificial Emotion

Bluelighter
For the last few weeks I have been having recurring thoughts about wanting to kill people. I don't want to have these thoughts but at the same time I have to submit to them, as if someone is placing these thoughts in my head against my will. I was reluctant to post about this because I don't want to be thought of as some kind of psychopath because I do feel empathy towards others, but at the same time I keep thinking about slitting peoples' throats or disemboweling them again and again. What should I do? Can anyone relate to this?

That's a tricky one, it sounds like you need help but homicidal thoughts is something you don't want on your permanent record. Hope someone here can help you.

The holidays do that to me, too. :|

But seriously, AE...something is not right if you are dwelling in these thoughts. I say SEEK HELP in trusted counsel...immediately!

The only issue is I'm worried about them forcing me to be hospitalised and I know from past experience that it's easy to be admitted into a psychiatric hospital but hard to get let out. I've wasted probably 2 years of my life inside nut houses cumulatively and it's not something I want to experience again. They really are aweful places to be in since you lose so much of your freedom - little things you take for granted like smoking e-cigarettes when you want. They really are sad places I want to avoid at all costs. But then I don't want this to spiral out of control and manifest itself in a more dangerous way.

Last edited:
I had fantasies about my attacker, whom I wad in love with. I fantasised about him laying on the ground, and I had petrol on his feet and lit them on fire. I wanted to hear him scream, just as I had done. The thought made me feel very relaxed and cozy. It would make me smile and feel lile I would normally feel when I hugged someone I love.

I told my psychiatrist (at the time I was comitted), nurse looked sick and twisted in horror, I said it with a lot of emotions.
I also said it was weird and not like me, I'm a very empatic and considerate person. Was sure they would lock me up forever (I wad already committed volunteerly, suicidal in an emergency ward with lots of locked doors.

Guess what; psychiatrist said it was normal and healthy. He said I was breaking my emotional bonds to my rapist, and it was sound and healthy of me to think like that, and he encouraged me to keep doing it.

So I did, without guilt. Shortly aftet it got reduced a lot, still happens from time to time.

So, back to the OP:
The questions you need to ask yourself are;
#Is it like a daydream, or actually planning? If you are doing physical preparations it is all getting a bit more serious, and I advise you to seek help.
#Is it your voice or somebody elses (the latter can be high degree of disassociation with ptsd, not necessarily schizophrenic signs.)
#Do you feel like you have to act out the fantasies? You want to, or it is hard to resist? I advice you to seek help, it will probably get worse without professional help.
- Or is it just really good to think that you do it, like a type of daydream? . Lots of horny people fantasies obout crazy sex they will never do in real life. Lots of angry and hurt people, or strong feelings of helplessness and injustice, creates fantasies about exaggerated actions they will never do in real life.
#Is it about someone you ate in a position of power to, and spend a lot of time with (caregiver/parent/partner)? If so, seek help.

Emails sometimes made me want to take a baseball bat and smash everything in my office landscape, so ppl would sxresm and run for their lives. Never did anything but fume inside, and calmly step out for a coffee and a smoke. I got adhd, so without meds I want to smash ppl or stuff 3 times a day. Worst case scenario; I frown and griy my teeth (so I don't say what I feel, but wait until I can be professioal and talk like an educated adult)

Thoughts, even about mutilation, killing and torture, are not necessarily dangerous. It does not make good dinner conversation, but it doesn't mean you are crazy and dangerous either. Very few psychiatric patients are dangerous. Any violence stemming from being ill is ditected to them selves (self harming, suicide), very rarely will it be ditected towards others.

The great majority of violent and serious mentally disturbed psychiatric patients are found in movies. Never once did I see anybody skin a corpse and wear it like a new dress, during any of my stays in psychiatric wards. ;-)

Post from phone, drives me crazy. I'm not suggesting you [ate your family]. Supposed to be *ARE*

Well I've created a kill kit, consisting of a balaclava, rigid uk handcuffs, large hunting knives and some chloroform which I got when I was using it to extract some drug years ago. I know that I won't use it but it's just part of the fantasy I guess.

I actually have been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia but my issues revolve around the authorities rather than individual members of the public so I'm not so sure it's related.

I'm sorry to hear you were raped, that really sucks. I was assaulted years ago where my nose was broken and I've not gotten over that incident. I still feel anger about my attacker to this day even though it just resulted in a badly broken nose.

Homicidal thinking often stems from internal feelings of lack of control in ones own life. I deal with the same problem a lot. Just don't act on your impulses and try to find a hobby that you truly enjoy to divert your mind from the pain & gore.

8o Oh, Jeez...Please seek some professional help NOW. Do you have a professional that you trust (i.e. medical or psych)?

This sounds VERY dangerous and beyond the scope of anyone here. You could be a danger to yourself and definitely to others.

That good to hear that you know you will not use them. I believe you when you explain the difference between fantasy and reality.

Now, I understand that people worry when you tell about your kill kit, even if it is just for use in the fantasy. We all here just know fragments about you. It's not that common to have a kill kit, and we don't know all those things about you that make you simmilar to most people/us.

Humans with Paranoid Schizophrenia are very rarely dangerous, and if they take to violence it's usually at home, having being pushed over the edge anxiety or anger. You, and everybody elde here, should know that.

As someone else here mentioned, these fantasies are often caused by anger and/or anxiety. As my psychiatrist told me during evaluation ;

These are thoughts are normal for humans who have experienced extraordinary events (traumas).

Btw, sometimes complex and high degree PTSD is mistaken for Paranoid Schizophrenia. It is possible to heal completely from both diagnosis. By memory; a surprisingly 1/3 of PS patients heal completely, and another 1/3 improves symptoms/makes it manageable. Onset in early age improves the chance to heal partly or completely.

Some wonders in PS being connected with PTSD, but it is yet speculation. It is probably because if you maximize many PTSD symptoms, particularly high degree dissociation, it overlaps a lot with PS.

OP;
I don't worry about you actually hurting someone. I believe you hurt, and it's probably connected to your diagnosis. Being diagnosed with PS doesn't mske you more dangerous than any if us, and even if you get psycotic or cannot trust your senses, it doesn't remove your empathy and sympathy for others.

But it's worrying that you don't feel good. If symptoms gets worse, and more difficult to manage/impairing, it could be time to talk with a doctor about symptom management. And it is also important to work on how to process emotions. Learning this will often reduce anxiety and give a better quality of life. (and can heal completely over time if effective therapy is found)

Have anything changed in your life, before or during the occurrence of your fantasy? Is it a daily fantasy, or is it connected to uncomfortable events?

Like, before a meeting you worry about, or after something which made you hurt/sad/angry/scared? When you learn how to process emotions in a different way, the fantasy is likely to be less intrusive in your mind.

When I had similar fantasies it was when my life was in free fall, lots of things had happened, unrelated but in every part of my life/arenas. I felt zero control, future was without visible hope, and my anxiety levels was through the roof.

It's better without such fantasies. Even if it is a way to vent emotions when one are not yet able to process them in a different way, it is scary too. I kept asking if they had evaluated me for psychosis, they insisted I was normal, but dealing with ptsd. (I remember my 'rational self' noticing the absurdity as my 'emotional self' did the talking. The more I questioned my own sanity, the more freedom I got. )

Can you feel better by activities or things you like? Also, be careful with drugs that can worsen symptome. Being a member in here you probably have a little experience. Stimulants can increase anxiety, as a general rule. Or high THC cannabis, or alcohol. Chose your preferred drug wisely if you use, and use it in a self medicating way, not only to pause emotions.

I sympathise with you, and I'm sorry for all your hurt. And I do understand that you are afraid of not getting help that helps. If they believe you when you tell about your fantasy, and disbelieve you only about it being a fantasy, you risk repeating what you have experienced before. Stored away with little personal freedom, sometimes treated like a child or cognitive impaired person, instead of a person with personality, knowledge and dignity, who happens to have a diagnosis related mostly to emotional regulation. I'm perfectly convinced you make sound conclusions and decisions in situations where you feel calm and safe.

It is also such an environment you need to be able to heal, with a skilled therapist whom you learn to trust. I do believe you need therapy, I don't think you need to be committed against your will when you are sure it is only a fantasy.

But most people can be scared. I think perhaps it is the same way as I used toys ad a child. Playing house I used dolls and tea pots, playing war we had toy guns. Believe me; we would have used real guns if that haf been an option! Not firing at each other, just playing the same way but with way cooler props. Being an adult, it would be pretty silly to use a plastic pirate sword from a toy shop to support your fantasy daydream.

Your post clearly shows it is not reality for you. You also feel horrible for having these fantasies, and you don't feel compulsory to act it out. It's an emotional outlet, which can be replaced with a more healing (and social accepted) process.

And I urge everyone who answers the OP to use compassion and friendliness. It is very brave to share thoughts like this, when OP simultaneously also knows they are not normal or accepted. If we all freak out (due to little knowledge about psychology and the OP) we will fuel the anxiety for any reaction he/she gets from health professionals.

Btw, I'm pretty sure msny a gun owner fantasise about shooting burglars in self defence. Or perhaps their neighbour. Doesn't mean it's going to happen. It's just that dark and despaird shit we don't post about on Facebook.

Getting stucked with a fantasy is not healthy in a long term perspective. Naming and having a 'kill kit' is perhaps a way to express hurt or anger, but it can be misconstrued and get you into trouble. At the same time, emotionally resisting the fantasy as it plays out in your mind is likely to make it stuck with you for a longer time. And ultimately, having the 'kill kit', reinforcing the fantasy without emotional surrendering and processing, may give you a routine that sticks with you even longer. I'm not sure about this, but perhaps playing with your kill kit distracts you from dealing with the difficult stuff in a more healing way. Some draw, some roleplay. Not having a sufficient emotional language can be replaved with a more visual fantasy.

I just reach "not stoned" again. Think I've been writing on this post for two hours? I spent my mind high writing this post. Must read it tomorrow, haha.

Tl, dr: relax, you're not crazy and dangerous. You need a friendly hug. And help too, but not because you are dangerous, because it can improve your life quality and allow you to feel better. :)

Well I've created a kill kit, consisting of a balaclava, rigid uk handcuffs, large hunting knives and some chloroform which I got when I was using it to extract some drug years ago. I know that I won't use it but it's just part of the fantasy I guess.

I actually have been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia but my issues revolve around the authorities rather than individual members of the public so I'm not so sure it's related.

I'm sorry to hear you were raped, that really sucks. I was assaulted years ago where my nose was broken and I've not gotten over that incident. I still feel anger about my attacker to this day even though it just resulted in a badly broken nose.