• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Those hard lumps on your veins from when you IV meth

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Even after a couple of months of not using I notice I still have these hard lumps under my injection sites. Because my technique is usually pretty good I'm sure most shots were 100 % in the vein so I presume it is an irritation / swelling of the inside of the vein from the corrosive meth.

Do they clear up with time? They are a bit embarrassing when going to have blood taken for medical tests.

No way for us to know really... I have residual effects from snorting sub for a couple years that have not gone away after 7 months... Best bet is to see a doctor. Good luck.

Adulterants in the product could be coalescing in your circulatory system? An immune response perhaps?

Adulterants in the product could be coalescing in your circulatory system? An immune response perhaps?
Could be, although I usually well-filtered my product. I assumed it was because meth is corrosive. Either way they are a daily reminder of how dumb IV'ing meth is. Thankfully I seem to have stopped though I'm continually tempted to shoot some up my ass as an alternative ROA.

My big worry is that my veins will never be usable again for legitimate medical purposes.

Could be, although I usually well-filtered my product. I assumed it was because meth is corrosive. Either way they are a daily reminder of how dumb IV'ing meth is. Thankfully I seem to have stopped though I'm continually tempted to shoot some up my ass as an alternative ROA.

My big worry is that my veins will never be usable again for legitimate medical purposes.

If after 90 days (3 months) your veins are still having marks or hard spots, chances are they are permanently affected. I don't want to scare you, but in that time period veins should be able to heal what they can, and to be honest even 30 days of no IV use should make the change. I feel you on the consequences of IV drug use, my left arm has quite the track on the 2 main elbow veins, black spots, marks, etc.

No way for us to know really... I have residual effects from snorting sub for a couple years that have not gone away after 7 months... Best bet is to see a doctor. Good luck.

Care to elaborate on this? I've snorted subs everyday for a long time