• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

THOC is it really "psychedelic" as they say it is?

Opana313

Bluelighter
Also I bought THCC moonrocks which I believe to be kief type of hash? I love it and wonder if the delta 8 moonrocks are better?

I've tried THC-O multiple times and the answer is no. As far as I can tell, It's less potent than Delta-8. I kept hearing how strong it's supposed to be and as far as I can tell, it's an outright lie.

Also I bought THCC moonrocks which I believe to be kief type of hash? I love it and wonder if the delta 8 moonrocks are better?

So moonrocks are a little bit more than kief or hash.

What you want is a nice 0.25-0.5g nug of top-shelf flower.

Then you're gonna coat it in an extract, anything ranging from oil to straight up wax. I forget the original method but all that sticky, malleable shit'll work.

And THEN, you roll that little basted nugget in a pile of kief until it's completely coated.

Let it dry (or freeze it) and epeat the baste and roll as many times as desired until you've got all the layers you want.

Toss that little nugget in a bong and surprise, mother fucker! You're an astronaut now. They burn funny but it doesn't really matter because efficiency is not the goal here.

Honestly thco feels flat like a pharmaceutical vibe not psychedelic.

Kinda benzo ish I guess? Reminds me of the rock solid confidence I get on morphine/codiene.

I like it a lot tho. Is pretty smooth and pleasant to vape with HHC in a blend.

THC O is more of a stress reliever and Social tonic than a tripping chem

(I vape it in cartridges I bulk order from a vendor I like)

THC-O seems to affect different people differently, but mostly that's how hard it hits instead of a qualitative difference.
D8 THC-O, the most common, isn't very exciting to me at all.
However, they are now selling D9 THC-O.

They are pushing the envelope as to what they sell under the farm bill and the new farm bill will likely put a stop to a lot of that.

So, due to FOMO I had to try the D9 THC-O (distillate).

It's "psychedelic" in the same way that pot is "psychedelic". If you get high enough on pot, you will see vague hypnogogic "colors" with your eyes closed. Colors will be enhanced with open eyes. However, this is nothing like a classic psychedelic. People just don't know how else to describe it, maybe? It is an enjoyable thing and is a big reason like reefer.

Pot has different aspects to it's effects. There is the sedative effect, the pain relief effect, the euphoric effect, and, yes, the "psychedelic" effect. Indica has more "sedative effect" and "body high" than Sativa for example.

Yes, D9 THC-O has more "psychedelic" effects and aspects than regular pot, but don't expect anything like Shrooms or acid.

I really enjoyed it myself. I won't smoke it much due to the probability that it generates ketenes or some other stuff hard on your lungs when vaped or smoked. There is much anecdotal evidence online that it's hard on you lungs and personal experience bears that out. However, a drop of distillate on a cookie gave quite nice effects which came on over a few hours. (or more)

Colorful buzz which lasts all day? What's not to like?

This. After a few days partaking of it I smoked some decent flower and it hardly got me high at all. Felt weaker than regs. It jacked my tolerance up fast and hard.

It's available online cheaply right now and I do not intend to get more. I'll save what I have for occasional use or to impress friends.

It really seems that good old flower is "nature's way", and the best game in town.

Last edited:
Thank you all for replies..I've been a green smoker since forever but I guess my question is, are moonrocks what the call dabs or wax? Or is it just hash because it sure as hell smokes like it..I've had a dab or maybe it was wax a long time ago from a friend who had the rig with bong set up and wow just a tiny amount created a huge bong RIP that kept me stoned to the bone.

Thank you all for replies..I've been a green smoker since forever but I guess my question is, are moonrocks what the call dabs or wax? Or is it just hash because it sure as hell smokes like it..I've had a dab or maybe it was wax a long time ago from a friend who had the rig with bong set up and wow just a tiny amount created a huge bong RIP that kept me stoned to the bone.
It's neither. Moon rocks are just buds rolled in the kief or dried trichomes that fall off bud. They do this till the buds are completely covered with the kief.

Hash is all the kief or trichomes pressed together to make a solid chunk.

Dabs or wax is all the THC, terpenes and other goodies extracted from the buds and trichomes with a solvent.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not an expert. This is just my understanding.

Thanks man..yeah moonrocks seem to smoke like hash though for sure..after ripping off small chunks the inside gets all sappy and dark and is not kief I didn't even think it could had been a nugget underneath all along. Amazing shit these days I tell ya..

Ok there seems to be a little misinformation going on here.

First off "THCO" is referring to THC-O-Acetate or O-Acetyl-tetr etrahydrocannabinol. It's a pretty terrible name because it's not designating where the double bond is. There are technically 6 different THCOs, d8, d9, d10, d6a10a, d6, and d7.

The vast majority of THCO is going to be delta 8 THCO, because d8 is so plentiful and cheap and acetylating it allows it to be sold anywhere in the US, even the states that have banned d8.

The 2nd most common THCO you're likely to run into is d9 THCO, but this is kinda rare. For one, most people aren't acetylating their raw d9 distillate because if they deriving it from cannabis/marijuana, then it's not covered under the farm bill and is federally illegal everywhere. While you can make d9 from cbd, it's very difficult to produce just that one double bond isomer.

I've heard that d9-THCO is more potent and psychedelic, but as someone who's made probably 1000kg of d8-THCO, I think that claim is 100% hype.

That's coming from plenty of first hand experience, plus the general knowledge that all of these acetylated cannabinoids are prodrugs to their parent compound ie d8 THCO likely hydrolyzed to d8 THC. Hence, all of these acetylated compounds are weaker by weight. D8-THCO is weaker than D8-THC. There's no logical explanation that would suggest d9 THCO doesnt follow the same trend. Some people like to say that the acetate group possibly has a better bioavailability than its hydroxylated counterpart but afaik there is no proven data to suggest that.

Lastly, while it's not proven beyond a doubt, there is logical reason to believe that smoking or vaping any of these THCO products could lead to formation of ketene, which is pretty toxic. Just because someone can put something in a vape cart, doesn't mean. It should be vaped.

Yeah it seems to effect everyone differently. Could be differences in brands/products.

For me I'd describe it as a more "narcotic" like version of cannabis. No anxiety, sedating, hits you slightly harder. Not necessarily more psychedelic, though.

delta 9 thco is a good product great for eatables just dont get to much to put away it degrades fast. its fun and depending on your tollerance may get you really high but if you use weed with any regularity its in no way psychadelic

delta 9 thco is a good product great for eatables just dont get to much to put away it degrades fast. its fun and depending on your tollerance may get you really high but if you use weed with any regularity its in no way psychadelic
Any sources or further input on it degrading fast? I'm honestly just looking for more info.
What's it degrade to. Thought I saw to regular D9 somewhere but could be all wrong.
I have about 1 1/2 grams left and had planned to use it occasionally due to tolerance issues, so I'm curious.

Any sources or further input on it degrading fast? I'm honestly just looking for more info.
What's it degrade to. Thought I saw to regular D9 somewhere but could be all wrong.
I have about 1 1/2 grams left and had planned to use it occasionally due to tolerance issues, so I'm curious.
it degrades into vinegar or so i have been told. i ordered a bit from a well known vendor when it first came on the market. i get it and there is no smell clear liquid looks as it should. i make eatables and secure my jar in a cool dark place. 2 weeks later i open it and it reeks like vinegar. i contact vendor and he tells me it degrades bad should be safe but offered my money back sqaying they were looking for a better method of manufacture. i continued to use it for eatables and have since ordered more with the same smell. all oa"s that i keep over a month have that smell i think its fine to eat but i wouldnt smoke it and im no expert this is just what i have been told

I don't think it would hit like a stomach full of mushrooms or blotter under the gizzard not to speak of stronger means of taking stronger psychs but it's a fun thought it can be psychedelic to a degree

it degrades into vinegar or so i have been told. i ordered a bit from a well known vendor when it first came on the market. i get it and there is no smell clear liquid looks as it should. i make eatables and secure my jar in a cool dark place. 2 weeks later i open it and it reeks like vinegar. i contact vendor and he tells me it degrades bad should be safe but offered my money back sqaying they were looking for a better method of manufacture. i continued to use it for eatables and have since ordered more with the same smell. all oa"s that i keep over a month have that smell i think its fine to eat but i wouldnt smoke it and im no expert this is just what i have been told
So, potency stayed there? I'm a gonna eat what I have left anyway.