• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

This is not going away

naslund91

Greenlighter
Hello everyone i was addicted to small amount of hydromorphone or percocet only at night time. Take 3 pills of either. As of now i am 17 days clean. I have otc meds like advil to try and help. I thought that the restless legs and arms would be gone by now. I think they may be alittle better then they were but worrried. I also still have the runs, is this normal that this withdrawal symptoms can last this long or is something worng. Please respond

Thanks so much in advance

The runs are possibly not related to your withdrawal, as that usually stops itself after a few days, but the RLS may be a constant thing. I have RLS every day of my life, and i take pregabalin for it, and it works wonders

but you can also try lemon juice in tonic water, and magnesium supplements. They both work relatively well for RLS

^^ Yep, pregabalin/gabapentin can definitely help with RLS and withdrawal in general. Gabapentin is relatively easy to obtain Rx-wise, as it's used to treat a broad range of medical issues. Pregabalin is a CV, which makes it harder to obtain in the US. Good luck.

I didnt have it before i took thr pills. Has anyone had it last from just withdrawal

I had a terrible 2+ year heroin habit I had to kick in jail. I didn't sleep until the 14th day of my withdrawal and had some lingering chills and RLS a few days after but nothing extreme like the first week. I can't comment on the GI problems because I don't get bad GI symptoms during withdrawals.

Make sure your eating well and stay hydrated. I'd use low doses of imodium for the runs. Good job on 17 days!!

Thanks for reply i just thought it be gone by now and everything said is a prescription. Anyone have luck with none prescription drugs

Loperamide (Imodium) is OTC and will help with some withdrawal symptoms, especially the diarrhea. Loose/more frequent stools are common after coming off opiates since they usually cause heavy constipation. Your body will take time to readjust. Increasing fiber will help "bulk up" stools as well to make them less watery.

For RLS/muscle cramps make sure you are staying well hydrated and take at least a multivitamin if not a series of vitamin supplements, especially potassium. The loose stools cause you to lose a large amount of fluids and electrolytes which can cause muscle spasms/cramps.

For sleep diphenhydramine or doxylamine works for some. You could also try melatonin if the others cause a paradoxical effect.

Maggells hit this one perfectly. OTC stuff can be very helpful, and i think the immodium will be your best friend right now

Thanks for the tips. My main questions is has anyone had physical symptoms last this long.

My RLS came when i quit a kratom habit and has been with me ever since (about 4 months now), but i am predisposed to having it since both my mom and my grandpa have it.

Yeah immodium is what you want for the runs in the post acute withdrawal stage. My whole GI system is all fucked up from opiate use due to chronic constipation from it. It sux. I still have to get a colonoscopy, cuz there may be ulcers in my tract from tearing from horrible opiate constipation, hemmhoroids are a problem as well from all the straining I've done. As for RLS, yeah potassium, and gabapentin is great, or do a few squats and pushups before sleep. Not a lot though, just enough to work the muscles so they rest easy. Or take a nice walk around the block at night. When I was withdrawaling in jail, light exercise in my cell was routine every night, then light reading and I would nod like I shot some dope, book still open on my chest or on my face even .. Lol. But yeah the only real thing that will get you back to normal is TIME. I would say a good 30 days before normal sleep cycles go back to normal. That is what I hate most about kickin' the lack of sleep. But it returns eventually. 30-45 days. And some people recommend benadryl for sleep, but I noticed when dealing with RLS, benadryl, trazadone, and seraquel, made the RLS worse. I would go for melatonin. But hey man good job on 17 days, you'll get there bro, just keep patient and let time do its thing