This is for the Dr.Tom

BugOutKid

Bluelighter
I don't know you Dr.Tom, nor do I want to.
All of the threads you have started do nothing but feed peoples paranoia.
One could almost say, that for the empties who follow wherever you may lead, that you are scaring people away from the drugs you claim to promote.
BlueLight, as it was presented to me, and I personally feel as well, should be a positive place for us all to share our experiances and our lives. So enough with the, "Who's a **** ?" "which site is going to bust you?" "Don't talk to loud, or the top secret microphone implanted in your dog's ass will pick up the conversation and send it to a top secret agency that will analyze every syllable until they find a reason to kick down your door and charge in with SWAT teams and mean police dogs and battering rams" (ok, maybe I made some of that last one up).
Everybody chill, you draw more attention then is needed.
Said my peace, and that's what I offer
------------------
Peace Love and Empathy,
The Bug Out Kid
"Do you wanna play with me?"

once again another post that Dr Tom will probably ignore... im bumpig it up top just to see if he'll respond... i doubt it tho
oh btw i agree, enuf paranoid ravings that do little to help...

HOW DARE YOU ATTACK DR.TOM!!!!
I mean he's a doctor for god's sake, and a very SMART one too.
His opinions on this board are for the good of all of us, he cares, and shows a level of intelligence unsurpassed by anyone who has ever posted here, all mods included!
...his kind 'advice' is never in your face, or reeks of sensationalism to attract attention. (or for that matter repetitive or off topic)
No! he is Tom, he is the only one who can see the conspiracy! Jump on his bandwagon of paranoia to relieve your boredom, disgard your common sense of course...
I think I've said enough. We all love the doctor.

how dare we attack? er get over it...
and no, we dont all love him... personally i'm over him... has he responded to this? or to liquidoceans requests for info to substantiate his (dr toms) attack on liquidocean in the FAQ thread in BL2000?
this is also the guy who gave the advice in Medical Q and A that some girl who was having panic attacks while using MDMA should try using opiates and GHB to prevent them...
he's a chiropractor... and he's advising kids to take opiates because they are having panic attacks... and i'm supposed to respect the guy?
this is what i have seen of him.. i dont care what he used to do, this is what i am seeing now...

in america a chiropractor ranks somewhere between a massage therapist and a nurse
so before you trust your life to the opinions of someone who calls themself a doctor, think twice
just because you read it on the internet, doesn't make it true
he's entertaining and inspiring in a way, but i don't think he should be dispensing advice as if he were a neurologist, pharmacist, or pharmacologist.
[This message has been edited by liquidocean (edited 22 June 2000).]

*Ouch* you mods are getting way too serious these days!
That post of mine was completly sarcastic, driven by the countless times I have had the misfortune of reading Dr Tom's bullshit posts.
Quote from last paragraph: "Jump on his bandwagon of paranoia to relieve your boredom, disgard your common sense of course." - ain't quite an accolade.
...and I agree, his posts are amusing, but not his intention of course.

dude, i got it, read it all the way through before replying
not to sure about JB though, but he usually gets that sort of shit. whoops!

ooops... me bad... just too eager to put the boot in
smile.gif
altho i have seen posts as sycophantic as that around here...
still no reply... maybe the feds got him?
smile.gif

What's the point in responding? I answer questions based on my education. Sure I have fun posting some sarcastic rants but if you can't read between the lines, you should not be experiementing withyour brain chemistry. For those that are still looking for double blind researched studies approving illicit drug use, so you can feel safe, GOOD LUCK!
I appreciate those that appreciate me. It's all about sharing ideas. You can learn from anyone. I try to have an open mind. This IS the most important thing that anyone can have. We live in a society that teaches people to have closed minds.
Props to those that listen
smile.gif

If you can't hear me, then I am sorry
frown.gif

Respectfully yours with LOve, PeaCe, and I hope someday we can try to unify, I just hope it is not too late.

maybe we should leave it at that... cant be bothered debating something with someone who wont answer direct questions...
i really want to ask how advising someone to take opiates for panic attacks can be construed as a "sarcastic rant" and how its my fault for not "reading between the lines"... but screw it
if this thread serves no other purpose i hope it will show people to never believe the hype... especially if its about one overblown individual...
i'm not intending to start any flame war with you, doctor tom, or even to cheapen your message, which i am a firm believer in. it's just your tone lately has been extreme, and hasnt, in my mind, done much to advance the cause...
if there has one thing i've learned here is the importance of making sure your brain is in gear before posting anything.
i've noticed that your posts here recently, especially the one above, have been more thoughtful... there's even fewer spelling mistakes
smile.gif
i thank you for that.
keep that up, and the rest of you good work, and you will hear no complaints from me, or from anyone else i imagine...
[This message has been edited by johnboy (edited 25 June 2000).]

What is wrong with opiates? PAnic attacks can have many causes. Chiropractic adjustments work very well to balance the over active sympathetics which are usually involved. Even massage of the upper thoracic spine is helpfull as these segments are over active in people that are anxious. Sure the trend in medicine is to use the SSRI drugs. These drugs, some long acting can really screw up your brain chemistry. Using depressants like valium or the new benzo's is common practice. OPiates can also be effective short term. I just give advice based on my knowledge. I am an alternative practioner. I don't parrot the company line of the FDA or the AMA. I have many MD friends that do what is best for thier clients. They often get hassled by thier medical boards when they do not follow the FDA guidlines.
Hey, I am just trying to help. As an alternative doctor, It is much harder to go against the trends. I don't mind being a black sheep as I know I help people realize that health is more about learning about them selves. Getting more in formed, thinking more and asking more questions.
Wasting my time responding to your in secure posts, whinning that you feel threatened by me is just that, a waste of my time. I post for those open minded enough to read my posts.
It's much easier to make accusations and put each other down. Why?
It's bad enough that we must sneak around and feel ostricized from society due to our use of recreational drugs. It's worse when the same intollerance happens here.
The sad thing is, I get less crap when I post under another name. When I use (Dr) the same in secure people feel threatened by the (Dr) I went to school for 8 years to earn it, my friends call me dr tom and I get use to that title. Does the dr make me special? No it actually make me take more time to try to help others by teaching them things I have learned about health and how to keep it!
Regardless of the titles, we all can teach eachother something. Lets learn something by this. Instead of fighting with you, I offer you peace. Anything else would just show others that fighting is the way. I prefer to savew my fight for the people that try to restrict my freedom.
I hope that you are not trying to restrict my freedom of speech by posting what I wish here?'
Dr.Tom

the reverse, actually.. i'd prefer if you posted in more depth.. thats what i was getting at...
when your posts are glib and patronizing, then i got a problem... when they are well thought out and in-depth, then no... more power to you...
i'm sure you have peoples best interests at heart, its just sometimes it doesnt look like it...
it took an all out attack on you to get you to respond and explain yourself... maybe you missed the more subtle hints that people were dropping you...its a pity it had to be this way but at least its done now...
a community like Bluelight is all about constant feedback. people have asked you to reasess your approach, it looks like you are taking that, and thinking about it... as we all should
i'm not insecure, i just strongly feel that Bluelight is bigger than any one person...

Funny thing is that although I come off cocky, I am really doen to earth and just another person trying to make life better for aqll of us! I have no more knowkedge tahn anyone else. I just happen to get heavily inot drug pharmacology in college. Not because I wanted to be an expert.
I wanted to know what I was taking and why it worked. I was alos concerend about damaging my health as my father was very anti drug being a chiropractor.
I found that hypocracy was found on both side of health. The naturalist claimed anything synthetic would damage the body. The inductive medics felt that nataural products were inferior to powerfull synthetics!
I still laugh when a patient tells me they only eat health foods and never take drugs! I try to explain that all drug were originally derived from plants!
Pharmocognosey
So imagine years later I attend proffesional schools and college with the attitude that most of the stuff I was being taught was based on theories and worse.
I made school tough as I always was the DEVIL's advocate. Proffesors and experts as well as scientists or other degreed proffesionals, allow their ego's to get in the way of TRUTH.
If their was anything I learned in school was to question authority! The bad instrucotrs hated me and would do their best to wash me out. Th egood ones saw a young man that had a passion to know why? Not just accept what was known.
The day a person thinks they have it all figured out, they have stagnated and no longer have much to offer.
Psychedelic drugs are great as they allow us to break out of our mind set and see things from a fresh point of view.
It is bad form of me to no longer feel it nessesary to explaim my self as I have done that so many times before.
I appologize for the sarcasm that I display as I have been warned many times that it does not do well on the net.
I have become the teacher that tries to lead the clas off the cliff. Only to be dis apponited that so many jumped. I feel it is my fault but at some point I feel that it is up to each person to be the doctor and not be spoon fed.
After all, I only did 4 years pre med, 4 years chiropractic for the doc. Surely your health is worse putting in a few years!
Then you no longer have to read my opinion or rant that is mixed in with fun facts and helpfull tips.
You see my advice is not free. You just pay with your time and thought rathger than cash!
I hope I make you think and not just follow what I do.
Best in Health,
Dr.Tom