• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

This Forum appears to be more Pro drug use than Anti:(

radar3559

Greenlighter
Flame away but the majority of the threads on this forum seem to be more about ways too get high than to get off drugs. Just saying...... I think it would be a lot more constructive to contribute ways of combating addiction than just perpetuating it. Addiction costs millions of people their livelihoods and we should be talking about mitigating the harm. Not encouraging it. My 2 cents :)

The forum itself isn't pro or against drug use. It's sole purpose is harm reduction, i.e. the very point is not to encourage harm.

If you see a post encouraging harm, either report it or negate it with your own POV.

Not everyone wants to get off drugs... harm reduction isnt just say no.

The forum itself isn't pro or against drug use. It's sole purpose is harm reduction, i.e. the very point is not to encourage harm.

If you see a post encouraging harm, either report it or negate it with your own POV.
I understand but Ive seen so many threads on how to use certain drugs more efficiently. Especially the threads on how someone is explaining how to stick dope up their asses lol Seems a bit counter productive.

Better they're told to stick it up their asses than to shoot it in their veins.

You may have missed the gigantic thread titled 'Should I try heroin' which is filled with over a thousand resounding 'No's.

Better they're told to stick it up their asses than to shoot it in their veins.

You may have missed the gigantic thread titled 'Should I try heroin' which is filled with over a thousand resounding 'No's.
I guess I was just trying to be responsible and informative seeing as a lot of young people visit this forum :) I wish no one ever suffer addiction.

Wish it all you want, but it's an inevitable part of human behaviour.

Young people do visit the forum and they're better off being told how to use drugs safely rather than not at all.

Look at your situation, wouldn't you rather have this place or be left in the dark when it comes to your methadone taper?

Wish it all you want, but it's an inevitable part of human behaviour.

Young people do visit the forum and they're better off being told how to use drugs safely rather than not at all.

Look at your situation, wouldn't you rather have this place or be left in the dark when it comes to your methadone taper?
Not being rude but I was never in the dark. Ive been doing this for a long time. Just never with methadone. I just wanted to share my story and hopefully impact someone. :)

Flame away but the majority of the threads on this forum seem to be more about ways too get high than to get off drugs. Just saying...... I think it would be a lot more constructive to contribute ways of combating addiction than just perpetuating it. Addiction costs millions of people their livelihoods and we should be talking about mitigating the harm. Not encouraging it. My 2 cents :)

We're not going to flame you. You really do have a misunderstanding of what we're about here. Get yourself educated. As Bella said, we're not pro or anti drug use by policy here at Bluelight. Our intent is to remain objective and to help folks remain as possible no matter what decisions they choose to make in life. Society in general hasn't been kind to drug addicts over the past century, hence, we've ended up banding together in such a fashion to promote the free flow of all ideas, but especially those related to safety.

Many of us are drug addicts. By nature we really desire to use drugs. It's not a quality that we all like about ourselves, but it's a fact. So, with this in mind, you can understand why some of our posts come out looking more "in favor" of drug use. It's not really that we feel one way or the other about the subject, it's just who we are.

And yea, people do stick drugs up their asses. That's a real thing. I do it all the time with a variety of different drugs. The chronically homophobic and generally childish people laugh while I reap the benefits of increased potency.

We're not going to flame you. You really do have a misunderstanding of what we're about here. Get yourself educated. As Bella said, we're not pro or anti drug use by policy here at Bluelight. Our intent is to remain objective and to help folks remain as possible no matter what decisions they choose to make in life. Society in general hasn't been kind to drug addicts over the past century, hence, we've ended up banding together in such a fashion to promote the free flow of all ideas, but especially those related to safety.

Many of us are drug addicts. By nature we really desire to use drugs. It's not a quality that we all like about ourselves, but it's a fact. So, with this in mind, you can understand why some of our posts come out looking more "in favor" of drug use. It's not really that we feel one way or the other about the subject, it's just who we are.

And yea, people do stick drugs up their asses. That's a real thing. I do it all the time with a variety of different drugs. The chronically homophobic and generally childish people laugh while I reap the benefits of increased potency.
I do understand. Maybe my initial frustration arose from the fact that the pro drug threads get a lot more attention than the recovery based threads. I would encourage mods to maybe intervene in the threads encouraging drug use. That's all :)

I see where you're coming from man, I really do. I think we both can agree that drug use is significantly more "sexy" than the conversation of sobriety. This is a problem for those of us who are trying to recover. I'm not 100% clean, or even close to that, but I take Methadone, use Cannabis and other stuff maybe once a month at this point. The rest of that time I have to work on myself to keep from falling completely back into the abyss. I'm an employed teacher right now, which is great, but 3.5 years ago at age 21 I was in the Valley Street Jail in Manchester, NH on a felony Heroin charge with other potential charges for theft and resisting.

I've come a long way and I'm sure you've made your own progress dude. I apologize that the recovery aspect of Bluelight isn't as strong as the Harm Reduction. I belive in people's rights to do whatever the fuck they want, but drugs do hurt people, ruin lives etc. They cause damage and we don't want to deny that. If people would ultimately lead better, healthier and happier lives, we would want that for them.

I would recommend talking to the moderators of the recovery forums. There could be something that we could do to get the ball rolling and to maybe increase the presence of these forums here on Bluelight for those who would like to use them. I sent you a friend request man. Hit me if you'd like to discuss this further. I feel for what you have to say.

In my opinion the "pro drug threads" are key to harm reduction. People can somehow start to reflect on their use.

The subthread, how high are you , may be a good example. First it may just look like people boasting about their drug use, but then other users will comment: How the described use pattern maybe not just above average, but plain dangerous and destructive. Eventually some users may reflect their use and may - slowly - start their voyage to the recovery thread.

People will do drugs anyway. But giving people a chance to speak easy on bluelight about their drug use, is like giving them a real chance. They can be honest, in a way they couldn't be in "real" life. There they need to be strong, but in the web they can admit their weakness - without any fear. Just take a look about how much posters admit their social anxiety in the benzo threads etc.

Do you write the same thoughts on big pharma message boards or boycott physician offices? A huge % of society thinks because it's an "RX" it must be safe!

Many addicts start off with those lovely rx meds then turn to street drugs when the cost of office visits, regulation and cost of scripts become too great.

Have you boycotted China for their RC manufacturing or Afghanistan for their opium, mexican cartels for their distribution?

Bluelight advice saved my life. Okay, so they encourage safe drug use, but I'd much rather this than advice than being anti drug.

Sorry, don't mean to rant, just my 2 cent.

I'm sure I speak for others as well:

I will continue to use drugs whether or not places like Bluelight exist. That's a fact. I am a drug user. I am also an addict.

Luckily Bluelight exists. When I am about to try something new, I can come here and do research. The information I find is provided in a safe and honest fashion. I can read about how much fun someone had using what I am about to take; I can read others horror stories on the same drug. I can read lots of facts, warnings, opinions, etc.

Armed with ALL that information, I can now use the drug I intend to use as safely as possible. Everything i read about it here on Bluelight would be helpful: the good, the bad and the ugly.

If places like Bluelight didn't exist my desire to use drugs would still exist, but I wouldn't have access to this great resource. Hell, I may not be alive today if it wasn't for Bluelight.

Your more like to convince someone drugs are Dangerous If You First Agree With Their Side Of Drugs Can Be Good. Trying to persuade someone to change their opinion by refusing to look at things from their perspective wont work. Its like trying to convince people evolution is fact by saying because crusades And Its Stupid Dont Be Stupid Creationism Has Zero Valid Points

I respect everyone's opinions equally. Im 5 days off methadone and probably just ranting. :p

BL has a lot of great information. You can do with it what you will.

Its great that we have an open forum to freely speak about experiences, positive and negative. The mods do a good job of keeping out the "how high can x drug get me" type posts while keeping things pretty open for informative discussions. Some people so come here asking about rec values of certain drugs, but there's pretty much always people that can drop some knowledge or warnings of what they could be getting themselves into.

I personally don't have a problem with responsible drug use. The community sometimes gets a negative light since a lot of people are against any drug that isn't alcohol or prescribed by a physician... Even though a physician prescribed narcotic is still a narcotic and alcohol can be very addictive with lethal withdrawals.

Plus, this forum is geared toward basic drug questions. A lot of posts are from inexperienced people seeking information. They aren't likely to respond to someone telling them "don't use that". They are most likely going to do what they will. Now, at least they are seeking information on how to use safely. And they seek it here because bluelight provides a nonjudgmental place to ask

I do get what you're saying OP. Having gone through over 20 years of on and off opiate use, sure, I'd love to be able to save someone from the misery by saying "don't try it!!" Realistically though....well, that's not likely to work. It wouldn't have with me 20 years ago

And, for those who tire of the using and all that goes along with a deep addiction, there are other forums here at BL---TDS, Sober Living, etc. Personally I always thought it was pretty cool that BL provides recovery forums as well as harm reduction/ information forums. Not everyone is ready or may never be, but if someone decides to seek sobriety --there are resource right here.

Read our mission statement. This is an open forum for drug users. That means we get the full spectrum from people that manage their use quite well (recreational users with no problems moderating their use) to people in full blown addiction with their lives imploding and everything in between. I came to this site knowing nothing about it other than that it was a "drug" site that my son frequented before his over dose death at the age of 20. I felt exactly like you do until I started reading both my son's posts and replies to him. What I found was the powerful kernel of community that lies at the heart of harm reduction. Words can rarely save lives and they did not save his but it is a great comfort to me to know that in his worst addiction, in his worst isolation and feelings of terrible shame, he had a place to come to where he was not judged by his addiction, nor by the complete and utter tailspin that his life was in, but rather by who he was and who he still wished to be. I got involved with the site because of him and I am a better person for the expansion of not only my knowledge about drugs and addiction but my shared humanity with every single person that comes through here whether I agree with what they are doing or not. Perhaps you will write this off as an understandable reaction to grief on my part but consider this: no real discussion at all or a 'just say no' abstinence approach for young people or a discussion that is well rounded with both reckless glorifiers (usually called out, if not moderated) and cautionary dissuadion alike? It's true that I mostly interact in the Recovery Forums for obvious reasons but I support the totality of Bluelight's approach. I've been here for over four years now and I have seen too many of my friends here die, but I have seen many more healing and healed. The truth about addiction is that every person must reconcile themselves to what that actually means in their own head, in their own body, in their own life. I feel like letting people speak the truth of where they actually are is where that reconciliation begins.

I respect everyone's opinions equally. Im 5 days off methadone and probably just ranting. :p

We respect you as well. Thanks for saying so. I'm not saying you did or didn't mean what you said, but it's easy to fly off the handle for anyone when they're sick.