- Yeah. That's probably gonna get worse. »

H + 1h45
jA3ZDVn.jpg

H + 2h15
9xdXEUu.jpg

« That was a good idea, buying coloured pencils. »

H + 3h30
T7rGaof.jpg

« I didn't draw the eyes. Do you want me to draw the eyes? I don't feel like drawing the eyes. »

H + 4h45 (from this moment, she drew with very dim light)
9XGtj4U.jpg

« Here you go. I'm violet. »

Later: « Usually, I draw the eyes at the very end, because I don't want the picture to look at me while I'm drawing it. Here, I didn't want the picture to look at me at all. »

H + 6h
5WTA3ke.jpg

« I lost the black pencil. I only had the coloured ones. »

H + 6h45
itv9pc7.jpg

(my personal favorite)

H + 8h
Kzmrina.jpg

After 45 minutes in the dark, listening to some Pink Floyd, she started to draw again.

H + 8h45
iVSO8Ny.jpg

She didn't seem quite satisfied with the last one, so she directly started this one: « During the previous one, I tried to draw what was inside my head, but in the middle of it, things were happening outside my head instead. ».

H + 9h30
Rvkwujg.jpg

«While the effects were disappearing.
Do you want to draw a last one? Like, a normal one?»
https://imgur.com/a/qGTC8

Last edited:
Cool stuff, I remember seeing this awhile back, there's another series like this done by a guy who draws portraits of himself, and how he seeds himself on these things, too. I'll search for it later and post it, though I know it's around here somewhere....

yeh these lsd timestamp self portraits have been posted here before, its cool tho.

@help?!? the dude that does them is bryan lewis saunders

these are a few of my faves

4mg dilaudid

4mg_dilaudid.jpg

dmt (during and after)

dmt.jpg

hash

hash.jpg

heroin (snorted)

heroin_snorted.jpg

mushrooms (2 caps onset)

mushrooms.jpg

more

^Yep that's it's thanks M! Those look like new ones too, haven't seen those!

I've never seen this, wonderful.

As for that Bryan Lewis Saunders guy, complete BS imo. His story is he took a different drug everyday for a month. However, if you look closer some of the drugs and drug combinations he mentions taking raise some suspect - especially for such a short period of time. That's not even counting that half the pictures bear no resemblance whatsoever to the subjective experience they supposedly portray. "Abilify/Xanax/Ativan (dosage unknown in hospital), 90 mg Abilify (after 3 months usage 3x maximum dose), 1 sm glass of Absinthe, Bath Salts, 1 shot of Dilaudid/3 shots of Morphine (in the ER with kidney stones), Huffing gas, Huffing lighter fluid, Lithium, (shitty) LSD, Marijuana (G13), Nitrous Oxide / Valium I.V. (dosage unknown in hospital), PCP." I'm not even gonna go on, I mean Jesus, was he in the hospital every other day? Come on now...

yeh these lsd timestamp self portraits have been posted here before, its cool tho.

@help?!? the dude that does them is bryan lewis saunders

these are a few of my faves

4mg dilaudid

4mg_dilaudid.jpg

heroin (snorted)

heroin_snorted.jpg

I'm laughing my ass off over here ahahaha *melting* yeah shit fucks you up pretty good.

my fave though,

Pot Brownies
pot_brownies.jpg

Klonopin
3mg_klonopin.jpg

that Bryan Saunders guy has really some nice pieces, and i love this whole 'collection' - there must be a better term - feeling but some of them look too dramatic / exaggerated imo. i mean, come on...

What bugs me about the artist takes acid, draws a bunch of self portraits thing (seen a few). Is that if I draw a series of the same thing all day long it will get progressively more abstract and stylized with each drawing no mater what drugs I'm on or off. You can see this is in the OP even at 9 hours when she should be most of the way back to earth her drawings are still getting further from realism and still look like something your average 17yo who likes high fantasy and romanticizes pot would draw (like me at that age :p). Though I do dig that having the drawing looking at her starts to bug her so just white eyes for most of the trip, and never back to focused pupils that look like their looking at anything.
This is my favorite:
21bbf68402ce4f389bb4faeebaca0d56.jpg

2h45min is just nuts

this thread really makes me wanna swallow some acid and draw

I am skeptical. Some of the paintings do seem as they took a lot of time, nothing one could draw that easy in such a short time. Colorization etc takes a lot of time (even if its just black and white)......

Eh, I tried to be an art major for a while way back when, they train you hard to crank that shit out fast. It was expected that you would draw/paint at least 8hrs a day and that you would would make a half dozen or more somewhat technical drawings in a three hour class (goddamned 1,2,3,4, point perspective). If anything the artists are working slow.

This is great, I really enjoyed seeing this! I need to try this next time a drop! I don't enjoy looking in the mirror or LSD that's the only thing, shit can get weird quick

Things turned out badly for Syd Barret and Brian Wilson.

They may be exceptions, but until the mental safety picture is clarified, I would suggest to keep away from taking LSD and similar hallucinogens (eg LS-x-Az, x-LAD) for artistic purposes.

I don't see how it would be worse than taking acid in any other situation. I have done this before and it is amazing BTW. Not because acid makes you 'creative' but because it really messes with whatever cognitive processeses that are involved in drawing (what you see and how you draw it) and the products are really really cool. I advise anyone who draws to take a low / just past threshold dose of any psychedelic and draw, from imagination and from a model, paint, etc, let it flow... It's fucking awesome.

Things turned out badly for Syd Barret and Brian Wilson.

They may be exceptions, but until the mental safety picture is clarified, I would suggest to keep away from taking LSD and similar hallucinogens (eg LS-x-Az, x-LAD) for artistic purposes.

I'm kind of confused by this. LSD has been used by millions to make music and art, and there are only a handful of cases that ever went wrong. Even then, you can't really attribute syd barrett, for example, to acid, because it's arguable that he even went crazy. All he did was remove himself from the public eye, and artists are often very sensitive people so this doesn't surprise me at all. Why would tripping for artistic purposes be different than tripping for spiritual purposes or just for fun?

The therapeutic sessions that utilized LSD and other psychedelics were all with people who had problems to begin with. It's not common to have those types of negative reactions unless you're having a bad trip.

I feel that encouraging people to take LSD, without medical supervision and without having established the longer term mental safety picture first, is sending out the wrong message.

Originally psychedelics were legal and heavily researched. Over 30,000 people participated in legal psychedelic research then. Multiple studies were preformed analyzing the short and long term response of patients. In properly structured studies the results were positive with several applications including addiction, cognitive behavioral therapy, and mystical experiences resulting in personal growth. You're probably asking "If this is true then how did we get here?"

Let's look at the history of psychedelics

We have multiple follow up studies tracking the progression of people involved in early psychedelic research decades after the original research. These studies demonstrate the safety of psychedelic use and sustained benefits from psychedelic use.

LSD was safely involved in successful treatment of alcohol addiction in the 1950s. This research became famous after Bill Wilson (the co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous) participated in the research and later advocated the use of LSD in the treatment of addiction. Recent research has corroborated LSD "can be safe and generate lasting benefits". Decades after the original research historian Erika Dyck contacted the participants involved with the pre-prohibition research. She describes the results in this audio clip.

[AUDIO] Early LSD addiction research

Psilocybin induced mystical experiences were researched during the 1960s in the famous Good Friday experiments at Harvard. The result were positive. Recently similar research preformed at Johns Hopkins has corroborated these early findings. Rick Doblin Ph.D contacted participants in the Good Friday experiments decades later and documented the long term result were also positive. Rick Doblin describes the results of the long term follow up in this audio clip.

[AUDIO] Early psilocybin mystical experience research

Despite these positive clinical findings irresponsible recreational use of psychedelics created concern amongst the unniformed. The Baby Boomers consuming LSD also opposed the power structure of the older generation. The Baby Boomers opposed what we were attempting in Vietnam, took LSD, smoked cannabis, and were liberal. Conservative parents opposed these behaviors fearing the consequences of rocking the boat. Both medical and recreational psychedelics were criminalized. These fears weren't justified. Most of the Baby Boomers went on integrating into our society and creating some of the most prosperous days in American history, the 90s (thanks Steve Jobs). This early history of LSD is described in this audio clip.

[AUDIO] The prohibition of psychedelics

Now you are rational and you are probably asking "Why did a few of those early studies demonstrate very negative results?" This is good and you should ask these questions. The answer is early psychedelic research was split on the importance of set and setting. Part of the studies claimed set and setting were irrelevant. They often restrained people in empty rooms the duration of the psychedelic experience. Therapist weren't available in these studies. The results were often terrible. Other studies involved comfortable rooms with pillows, flowers, and other decorations. These sessions included supportive therapist available if the patient could use guidance. These studies often gave positive results. This is explained in this audio clip.

[AUDIO] The importance of set and setting

Now, the question is "Should people consume psychedelics outside of medical supervision?". We have evidence classical psychedelics won't cause mental illness from multiple sources. We also have evidence demonstrating the safety of psychedelics in the long term. Considering the proven safety of classical psychedelics, recreational use of psychedelics is safer than several non-psychoactive recreational activities such as horse back riding, sky diving, and cheer-leading. People keep cheer-leading and people will keep using psychedelics. Rather than say people should or shouldn't use the classic psychedelics I focus on keeping them safe when they are using them. I think I am in good company.

Last edited: