• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Thinking of trying Poppy Seed Tea, have a couple questions

amphetameme

Greenlighter
Hello! So unfortunately I picked up my dilaudid habit again a few months ago (I had kicked it for half a year), but I'm quickly running out and won't be able to get more for the next two months. I've tried Kratom as a substitute but I genuinely can't stand it, so I'm considering trying poppy seed tea. I've done a fair bit of research and I think I understand most of the associated risks. I don't plan on trying it alone, I'll start really small, and my partner and I are both trained to use naloxone (obviously worst-case scenario but I like to be prepared). However, I read somewhere that you can overdose "without actually getting high" and that made me wonder if there's some kind of different mechanism of toxicity involved other than just opioid receptor agonism. I know that I should just quit, but I need to at least wait until this semester is over to do that. I genuinely just want to do this safely, so thank you for the help!

The problem is consistency. The tea of one extraction can contain more amount of the various opioids being extracted and you just do not know the dose of anything. Tread carefully.

Right, I understand that. I'm just confused about the exact nature of some of the constituents. If I did overdose (which I'm obviously going to try not to) would naloxone and calling 911 be sufficient, or is there something in them that could like...give me a fatal arrhythmia or do damage through some totally different mechanism. That's what has me confused.

Id have to research it more but most of the "natural" opiates should respond to naloxone.