• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Console Thinking about getting a Nintendo Switch

20210328-165830.jpg

Just bought this on the way home from work.

Graphics look great, hope to get some hours in tonight and when im off work Tuesday. All this talk about Mario lately got me fiending for a new game, lol.

Paper Mario looks really fun! I watched a couple videos of people playing it, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I hear it has a sort of RPG element to the game.

I kind of splurged on games.
My collection now includes:

Animal Crossing
Mario Kart 8
Super Mario Odyssey
Harvest Moon
Paper Mario
Super Mario 3d World
Super Smash Bros
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
The Witcher: Wild Hunt
Luigis Mansion 3
Mine Craft
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Mario 3D All-Stars
Doom
Stardew Valley
Assassins Creed 3 remastered
Borderlands Legacy Edition
Super Mario Bros .U Deluxe

Should be busy for the next few days!

Damn son 😅

I might have half that lol.
Yeah, well. Since I don't buy drugs/booze anymore, I figured whynot? Since this money 'was' going to go to drugs & booze in my druggin days then why not invest it into something I'll enjoy a bit better? :)
Going to check out Luigi's Mansion now!

Anybody play in any online communities for any of the switch games? I hadn't played video games in 20yrs. I was either going to get a fishing boat or the switch. I went with the switch. I love it. Still might get the boat though.

I got :
Zelda Breath
Zelda Link's Awakening
Fenyx immortals rising
Monster Hunter Rise
Dragon quest builders 2: Awesome game
All the Mario games
Animal crossing
Mario kart 8
Super Smash Bros
Hyrule Warriors calamity
Couple Assassin's Creed games
Witcher 3
And a number of other games I can't think of at the moment.

I heard Nintendo is going to be expanding their online gaming and I'm excited. I want to join a MMORPG community more than anything. Ive never done this kind of stuff before and I'm becoming a gaming nerd overnight. All I do is game and watch YouTube videos about gaming. It is seriously keeping me clean at the moment because I can't imagine spending precious gaming money...lol

I love my Switch!!

Last edited:
I kind of splurged on games.
My collection now includes:

Animal Crossing
Mario Kart 8
Super Mario Odyssey
Harvest Moon
Paper Mario
Super Mario 3d World
Super Smash Bros
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
The Witcher: Wild Hunt
Luigis Mansion 3
Mine Craft
Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Super Mario 3D All-Stars
Doom
Stardew Valley
Assassins Creed 3 remastered
Borderlands Legacy Edition
Super Mario Bros .U Deluxe

Should be busy for the next few days!
Damn!! Lol.. You did the exact same thing as myself. I got my Switch a month ago and bought 23 games.

Reactions: Ds
I've been dying to get one of those ever since I seen them they look so awesome how you just switch them bet they feel so nice to hold in your hands probably the second most gaming thing I would want apart from a ps5 I would literally kill for a brand new ps5.. No questions asked just send me a name 😜

Last edited:
Its great investment, actually about to Fire up Paper Mario again for a couple hours after I eat a quick lunch I dont go into work until 5pm tonight so I have two and half hours before I gotta leave plenty of time to get some stuff accomplished. Really cant recommend this game higher when you get around to playing Das let me know what you think. Next one I get is gonna be Super Mario 3D World Bowser's Fury for damn sure.

Last edited:
do you have any interest in Animal Crossing? I try to recruit everyone with a switch lol. I love it personally.
I have Animal crossing and I'm trying to get into it. I just have so many games. I need to get up to speed though because I promised my niece I would buy her a switch and she loves Animal crossing.

I had my house built but my island is so Spartan compared to the island I visited in my dream and the ones I've seen on YouTube. I was in Awe. I'm trying to work on the Storyline for Dragon Quest Builders 2 because I love its building and farming mechanics and I also love the online community.

Its great investment, actually about to Firefox up Paper Mario again for a couple hours after I eat a quick lunch I dont go into work until 5pm tonight so I have two and half hours before I gotta leave plenty of time to get some stuff accomplished. Really cant recommend this game higher when you get around to playing Das let me know what you think. Next one I get is gonna be Super Mario 3D World Bowser's Fury for damn sure.
It's a good one(Mario 3D World, Bowser's Fury). I don't know that it's quite as good as Oddssey as it's different but it's def. good.

Last edited:
I've been playing lots of Luigi's Mansion. Man, what a pussy. I can't help but to laugh every time Luigi about shits his pants and starts shaking when something startles him. The controller will vibrate to let you know Luigi is scared:(. It's fun, I like the corkyness of the objectives.

I had upgraded my house in Animal Crossing to the size after the bigger house? the Nook dude said that for like 300K bells or something he would see to it that they add another room to my house. so had enough for that.

Haven't played Monster Hunter Rise, I watched some Youtube advertiser of the game, and couldn't really understand the game. Was torn between if it was like a pokemon sort of battling monsters n shit or if it was something else. I think its like $49 at some places, so was $59 there for a few days.

I got super mario bros UDelxue today, so will pop that in when I get home. Looks cool. Like some oldschool Super Mario bros from super nintendo days. I've lots of games to play! only have like 5ish hours a day to play games though :( so you can only imagine how hard it is for me to game. Weekends though I get to spend most of the day gaming though, so looking forward to tomorrow.

The Switch is fine but there are some drawbacks related to how underpowered the device is. For example Cyberpunk or the last COD game did not get a Switch release, probably because the developer would have to downgrade the game too much. Also, for competitive online games with cross play like Apex Legends or Fortnite you will be at a big disadvantage due to the low frame rate.

The Switch is fine but there are some drawbacks related to how underpowered the device is. For example Cyberpunk or the last COD game did not get a Switch release, probably because the developer would have to downgrade the game too much. Also, for competitive online games with cross play like Apex Legends or Fortnite you will be at a big disadvantage due to the low frame rate.

I think Nintendo knows what their customers want. I personally don't care much about the high powered games anymore...I used to, maybe someday I can afford to have multiple consoles again. But honestly I'll probably just buy a PC at that point.

P8miGxD.jpg

rvFR7b0.jpg

so far my collection!

Have really been enjoying the Super Mario Bowsers Fury and Mario Deluxe. Animal Crossing of course, and Minecraft is fun playing with friends.

I travel constantly for work in the summer. The Switch is really the only viable gaming option I have much of the year.

Reactions: Ds
What's EA Sports games like on the switch?

Mainly interested in FIFA soccer, NBA and Madden NFL

How much better is Mario kart 8 on the switch than the Wii version?

the last Nintendo i bought before the Nintendo NES classic edition that i bought a couple years ago that comes loaded with SMB 1,2, and 3, was the the Nintendo Wii, but i only bought that because i wanted to play the new Super Mario Bros. that was released when the Wii came out....that game was great

so i would personally buy the Switch just because of SMB