• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Think I'm having a panic attack. Help please!

PsychaStevic

Bluelight Crew
So I'm 5'6 155 lbs and the only drugs I'm a regular user of are LSD and Weed. I've recently been experimenting with opiates with no intent to stick around for long. Just to get the experience as I like trying new drugs. It seems my body's just not fit for opiates as I've taken them 4 times now. 10mg hydro, 15mg oxy, 25mg hydro all with no effects on me whatsoever. I decided I'd give it one more try with tramadol today after getting some for free from a buddy. I took 200mg about 4 hours ago and never felt anything. I get home from work (around midnight so everyone is asleep) and I get this Terrible feeling in my chest and stomach like when you get real nervous it almost hurts. It's hard to breath, idk if this is a panic attack as I've taken LSD for a little over a year without even having a single bad trip. Idk what to do I'm shaking and can't wake anyone this is my last resort. It's hard for me to breath and I'm sweating, got a bottle of cold water and I'm laying on the couch. Sorry about the length it's keeping my mind off this. Thanks so much in advance

All of these times I've taken these opiates have been spaced weeks apart by the way

I took 200mg (Tramadol) about 4 hours ago and never felt anything. I get home from work and I get this Terrible feeling in my chest and stomach like when you get real nervous it almost hurts. It's hard to breath, idk if this is a panic attack as I've taken LSD for a little over a year without even having a single bad trip. Idk what to do I'm shaking and can't wake anyone this is my last resort. It's hard for me to breath and I'm sweating, got a bottle of cold water and I'm laying on the couch. Sorry about the length it's keeping my mind off this. Thanks so much in advance

OP, you are more than likely experiencing a mild overdose from the Tramadol that you have ingested, try to stay calm and find comfort in knowing that the Maximum Daily Dosage (for M.D. to prescribe) is 400mg.

With that being said, you will more than likely be alright but if you're difficulty in breathing persists, seek out professional aid, as the shallowness of breath you are experiencing has been the overall cause of death for more than a few Opiate abusers.

EDIT/SIDENOTE: Before doing any hardcore, habit forming substances, such as opiates, always ask yourself: "Do I get addicted to things easily?" If the answer is 'Yes', run the other direction and stick with the Marijuana.

*DOUBLE EDIT:
If you are currently tripping on Acid, you may just be experiencing adverse reactions... I had a very, very amazing LSD trip turn righteously south after IVing Morphine a few years back

Last edited:
OP, you are more than likely experiencing a mild overdose from the Tramadol that you have ingested, try to stay calm and find comfort in knowing that the Maximum Daily Dosage (for M.D. to prescribe) is 400mg.

With that being said, you will more than likely be alright but if you're difficulty in breathing persists, seek out professional aid, as the shallowness of breath you are experiencing has been the overall cause of death for more than a few Opiate abusers.

EDIT/SIDENOTE: Before doing any hardcore, habit forming substances, such as opiates, always ask yourself: "Do I get addicted to things easily?" If the answer is 'Yes', run the other direction and stick with the Marijuana.
Thank you SwimSURE, that's why I was confused because I'd read the 400mg was the recommended daily dosage but I feel so helpless. Feeling in my chest is intense
And I don't really have an addictive personality. It's like I said I just enjoy experiencing a different type of euphoria than what I'm used to on occasion. I guess I'm learming my lesson about the opiates. Nothing for me here

I haven't tripped in 3 or 4 days. Trams the only thing iny system. And some bud cause I tried to mellow out over a bowl and now I'm just high and extremely uncomfortable

Yeah my first megadose of tram landed me in the ER thinking it was a heart attack. I got the clammy feeling, nausea, out of body, tunnel vision, high BP, super bad. Diagnosed as panic attack and sent hope with Ativan.

I used to have panic attacks for a long time and they would hit me suddenly-adrenaline rush, anxiety, numbness in hands and arms, weakness, short of break, chest pain ect. I thought i was dieing everytime one hit because panic attacks have similar symptoms of a heart attack but theres a way to tell the twp apart without going in! A doctor told me a couple things that stopped them in their tracks. When you get one first you need to know its a panic attack and not something serious so you calm down. Grab some ice and hold it in your hands and sit down, your symptoms will slowly subdue whereas if you were having a heart attack ice wouldnt make it better and it will get worse. Ice does something that blocks the receptors in the brain I also was told sour candies help. Then once you know its a panic attack just remind yourslef your okay, everything your experiencing is not a hazard to your health, its uncomfortable but its your bodies natural response to stress and it will subside. Those few tricks stopped years of panick attacks and when i did thats when i had them really bad! I had a two hour panick attack once, it was miserable but never again after i learned those tricks. Hope it helps !