Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

There does exist "One Hit Shit" that can surprise even the veteran smoker

SteamboatBillJr

Bluelighter
Erowid said:
Cannabis Dosage
by Erowid

SMOKED CANNABIS
Cannabis dosage is fairly easy to manage. A good method for determining your dose is to smoke a small amount (1-2 "hits"), wait 5-15 minutes, repeat as desired. A single intake of smoke from a pipe, water pipe, or joint is generally called a hit. An average size hit from a pipe or water pipe weighs somewhere on the order of 1/20th of a gram. With reasonably high potency Cannabis buds, a small number of hits (1-3) is generally enough. The lower the potency the more hits people will need to achieve the desired effects.

Below is a chart with very approximate dosages for dry, smoked, high potency cannabis. These numbers will vary greatly depending on individual reaction, potency, and smoking method. Generally, brown leafy cannabis is not as strong as green, gold, purple sticky buds. There does exist "One Hit Shit" that can surprise even the veteran smoker with it's strength. Pay attention to your body's reaction when you first try a new type or a new smoking method, and be careful when introducing others to cannabis. Everyone reacts differently to different doses.

High Potency Smoked Cannabis Dosages
Light 1/30 g
Common 2/30 g
Strong 3/30 g

Duration: see Cannabis Effects
Onset : 20 - 90 seconds
Duration : 2 - 4 hours
Normal After Effects : 2 - 4 hours
https://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis_dose.shtml

I admit cannabis smoking gets bland. The same activity again and again. Cannabis is the best insomnia medication I have ever had. Smoking each evening is the same boring routine again and again.

Though occasionally something awesome happens and "WOW". I was smoking recently and had a different experience that stood out. A lung full of potent cannabis knocked me back with strong amnesia and euphoria. People talk about stories with ultra potent cannabis. Well, I'll say I respond strongly with most medications including cannabis. This occasion reminded of how potent modern marijuana could be.

We should remember when we smoke with novice smokers or new varieties, a lung full of potent herb could have overwhelming effects. The quote above from Erowid describes this effectively and neutrally, especially this part.

There does exist "One Hit Shit" that can surprise even the veteran smoker with it's strength. Pay attention to your body's reaction when you first try a new type or a new smoking method, and be careful when introducing others to cannabis.

Have any of y'all encountered similar experiences with pot?

I just had one there. I usually smoke joints with tobacco and either hq hybrid bud or high grade import hash. There I mixed some of the hash with crystals from the bottom of my weed grinder 50:50, the hash i have is outstanding quality too. Together there was some weird synergy, like it was meant to be :) but I took half the joint put it down then thought nah I'll take another hit. Took another hit and it sent me to hyperspace. I guess i should respect every hit is like a bong smoke with some much crystals and resin in there.

Occasionally. Less likely "one hit" than "my normal amount" gets me more stoned than usual. Almost always other factors at play, but still, sometimes a little stronger than expected (who's to say that's not just situational tolerance though, same as any other drug).

I've been fortunate in that I've never had too much but I also don't really push my limits. Some strains have different effects on me than others so I suppose there is a hypothetical strain that could knock me out in a negative way. I think everyone should just toke at his/her own risk anyway. I had some really weak ditch weed that my roommate smoked and he went into this really deep depression...just like holding his dog, listening to mopey music, etc. It almost had zero effect on me. So, yeah, I think there's always a chance for adverse reactions. It's nice to watch out for people who might not have a great idea of what they're getting into but weed is weed and everyone should take responsibility for their own actions with it.

Have any of y'all encountered similar experiences with pot?

Sho' 'nuff.

For me, the key is what feels like pressure building up directly behind my eyeballs (not uncomfortable pressure, but not pleasant, either.... just like something's expanding). If I feel that after a hit or two, I don't smoke anymore and wait for the high train to catch up with me. It's usually not very far behind the whole "pressure-behind-the-eyes" thing.

Cant remember the last time i had to take more than 2 hits. Id say a majority of medical is one hit stuff these days. I think tolerance only comes into play as far as the high lasting goes. Still get same high just last longer ime

I'm gonna have to disagree with y'all here, the only time weed is too strong is when eaten. Smoking and vaping just don't have the punch to be over whelming, for me anyway.

I agree with kaosis on this 100% only eating packs the punch enough to get me super high. I can dome a blunt of the best shit around and only catch a buzz. I have smoked basically everyday since I was 14 though(now 29).

I can dome a blunt of the best shit around and only catch a buzz.

200x200px-ZC-6d2e9077_XrxMc.gif

I agree with kaosis on this 100% only eating packs the punch enough to get me super high. I can dome a blunt of the best shit around and only catch a buzz. I have smoked basically everyday since I was 14 though(now 29).

You the type of nigga to puff puff puff puff puff puff puff pass haha

I am not trying to brag at all but this is possible as after smoking 4 blunts of average grade a day I am basically at this point to. I am actually unsure if dabs infinity can achieve the effect i remember before my throat hurts or i get tired. Dont get me wrong i still smoke daily but no more blunts as they stopped working and just smoke bongs because if its not going to do much i might as well not drag it out and waste a bunch. I know a t-break would solve it but for now i still enjoy it.

Salutations SteamboatBillJr,

..."WOW". ... Have any of y'all encountered similar experiences...

Recently i've started having 2 types of strong tokes out of my pipe, 1st what i tagged as the "pepper" effect and then something that appears similar to what i read about intense dabbing a few days ago. Consequently i've just begun warning readers in related threads that even a modest vaporist pipe can knock people down and force them to sit...

Good day, have fun!! =D

I am not trying to brag at all but this is possible as after smoking 4 blunts of average grade a day I am basically at this point to. I am actually unsure if dabs infinity can achieve the effect i remember before my throat hurts or i get tired. Dont get me wrong i still smoke daily but no more blunts as they stopped working and just smoke bongs because if its not going to do much i might as well not drag it out and waste a bunch. I know a t-break would solve it but for now i still enjoy it.

You're chasing the "effect you remember." That's the problem. You're one of the people on here I'd expect to know that it's a fool's errand trying to get as high as your first time once you've already established a tolerance.

Also, you talk about average grade, whereas the poster you quoted is referring to "the best shit around." imo, you smoke a gram of the best shit around in a single blunt by yourself in a 15-30min session, you're getting high. Unless, of course, the "best shit you've got around" doesn't really measure up to top-shelf weed. The only exception to that rule of thumb would be weedheads that've already blown their tolerance skyhigh with habitual use of extracts. I've seen some poor souls that flowers are essentially useless for these days, all thanks to constant dabbing.

$0.02

^ I do and have dabbed a bunch but its not even the "effect i remember" it is like i reached the fabled doesnt even get high part. Like yeah in April one dab worked but now Its just back and forward with the g/f until its gone or the throats hurt too much. Dont get me wrong i still get effect but i wouldnt consider it being "stoned" Its hard to explain and i know it can be fixed with a tolerance break it kinda really sucks like I kinda hope the 27.35% stuff my uncle is getting from the dispensary for me breaks it, because it kinda really really sucks :(

Coming off methadone and stuff which is how all this happened we switched from dope to weed and it went up and up to 1.5 ounces a week for the two of us but we are down to about 21g a week. And we are both getting tired of smoking so maybe its quitting time after all

^ I do and have dabbed a bunch but its not even the "effect i remember" it is like i reached the fabled doesnt even get high part. Like yeah in April one dab worked but now Its just back and forward with the g/f until its gone or the throats hurt too much. Dont get me wrong i still get effect but i wouldnt consider it being "stoned" Its hard to explain and i know it can be fixed with a tolerance break it kinda really sucks like I kinda hope the 27.35% stuff my uncle is getting from the dispensary for me breaks it, because it kinda really really sucks :(

Coming off methadone and stuff which is how all this happened we switched from dope to weed and it went up and up to 1.5 ounces a week for the two of us but we are down to about 21g a week. And we are both getting tired of smoking so maybe its quitting time after all

Sounds like a pretty niche situation, though.

Me, personally, can't compare to that. I've never gone over 14g in a single week before, so there's that, and for years I've kept it hovering at 7g/week. I've also never used weed as a substitute for another addiction, either.

Seems like a great way to ruin a versatile, relatively harmless drug, though. :D

I wouldn't say you two should quit, but it might be time to start moderating usage. I've always like the gram-a-day rule of thumb.... Kept my tolerance in check for the better part of the last decade. The only variation in my habit is what drugs I add into the gram-a-day mix.... I rarely smoke more than that. When I do, it's usually because I've smoked less than that throughout the week and ended up with a surplus several grams come the weekend. More often than not that shit just rolls over into next week, though.

Sounds like a pretty niche situation, though.

Sounds like a great way to ruin a versatile, relatively harmless drug, though. :D

LOL yes it is and its a situation i personally never thought id find myself in and always wondered how people got to this point (a phrased uttered too often these days) Thanks for the input and i fully agree with you and i can get into a bunch of pseudo-scientific reasons as to why this might happen because of the half lives involved there is a massive overlap in intake vs elimination so of course over 6 months that could have sort of a blocking effect and this is the largest consumption pattern in my life so it makes sense it would happen at this time, i just always kinda thought people were playing it up maybe but I think if we follow what you said it will work out too.

That kind of tolerance is definitely possible, I just always thought it was only within reach of people who consistently use extracts. Figured if one were to stick to flowers this kind of thing just wouldn't happen.

This makes me re-think all that, tbh.

Even with dabs I have to take at least 2 hits to get a nice buzz going for more than 40-60 minutes. Even then I'm still craving more. Not sure how an herb, which at absolute best, is a third the potency of an oil, could knock my socks off after one hit.

You're chasing the "effect you remember." That's the problem. You're one of the people on here I'd expect to know that it's a fool's errand trying to get as high as your first time once you've already established a tolerance.

Also, you talk about average grade, whereas the poster you quoted is referring to "the best shit around." imo, you smoke a gram of the best shit around in a single blunt by yourself in a 15-30min session, you're getting high. Unless, of course, the "best shit you've got around" doesn't really measure up to top-shelf weed. The only exception to that rule of thumb would be weedheads that've already blown their tolerance skyhigh with habitual use of extracts. I've seen some poor souls that flowers are essentially useless for these days, all thanks to constant dabbing.

Dude I totally know what you mean, my old dealer was so used to dabs that he had to use wax blunts to even get high. When I had one of those things with him, I hadn't smoked in like two months and I literally went deaf after like 5 hits and had to sit down. I had never felt that high in my life haha but it was fucking awesome