Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines Therapeutic 2C-B Session for Depression

drewpy

Greenlighter
Hi fellow bluelighters,

I've struggled with very bad depression my entire life. I have been on and off suicidal for as long as I can remember. I take ssri's as of the last few years but worry they will burn out my serotonin receptors in the long run.

Anyways, I love psychedelics and have found that mushrooms return meaning and vitality to my life the times I have tried them. The positivity lasts for weeks to months after the trip.

I have been very depressed lately, quite suicidal in fact. I know that if I don't make a big change in my life soon I will not be able to go on like this.

It's so fucking hard. I really want to get better, I went to the gym yesterday and spent 4 hours just exhausting myself because I know that always makes me feel better and I haven't gone in months.

Anyways, I'm coming to you guys to ask for help and suggestions. I know people don't recommend doing psychedelics while depressed but I haven't done any psychedelic in almost a year now (mostly because I lost connections and went to rehab for depression).

I've gotten a hold of 2C-B (18mg pills). I plan on taking one alone tonight. I'm not looking to get fucked up, I want to get therapeutic value and sort out my life, see what I need to change. I figure I will clean up my room and put on some relaxing music then write in my journal about how I feel about things and what I should change or focus on for a better life.

That being said, it will be my first time with 2C-B and I have heard it is empathogenic as well as a very mild/forgiving psychedelic. What do you recommend I do for my trip? Meditations? Yoga? Writing? I really want to have a refreshing experience and change my outlook on life. I am not doing this for visuals or recreational value, I have seen enough of that from my LSD, mushrooms and various other experiences.

Thanks you for reading this, looking forward to your feedback.

I've never taken 2C-B, but I definitely relate to what you said about psychedelics burning the negativity out of your brain, at least for a period of time...I feel really good, almost manic in fact, after a strong dose of psychedelic hallucinogens (note: this is after the actual high of the drug has worn off). I feel less of a desire to use hard drugs like heroin and I actually feel good about myself. For some people who get depressed, like myself and probably you as well, they are highly therapeutic drugs.

When I'm actually high on said drugs, though, I like to be around other people, esp. my friends (but if they're not available to hang out I'll just wander around wherever I'm at...parks, cities, forests, ride public transportation and talk to random people, etc), so I'm not exactly sure what to do by yourself. With strong psychedelics I feel like there's so much norepinephrine activity that I can't really sit still, gotta go out and start interacting with the world LOL