Bugs Theme change

BourbonMac

Bluelighter
I'm aware on February 12th Bluelight goes black, I found an old thread of mine where I'd asked why they were different, but it's still all black for me pretty much. The boarders are blue, everything else is grey. It's not the biggest deal but I liked everything blue more. I don't know if this is a bug or just a re-vamp of dark blue, if so I definitely thought the other one was better.

I'm aware on February 12th Bluelight goes black, I found an old thread of mine where I'd asked why they were different, but it's still all black for me pretty much. The boarders are blue, everything else is grey. It's not the biggest deal but I liked everything blue more. I don't know if this is a bug or just a re-vamp of dark blue, if so I definitely thought the other one was better.
If you look at the bottom of the screen, right above where it says Contact Us, there's a little paint brush icon that says "BL Light Classic" or whatever style it is set to. You can change this theme at any time to suit your needs. I leave mine on default and so it's back to normal right now. What you are describing sounds something like the Dark Blue style, of which I'm not a fan of either, Dark Classic or Dark Grey are fine though but Dark Blue is a little harder to read.

Sorry if you already knew this info, I'm not admin so can't speak on whether they were messing with a different theme potentially or something like that. I have mine set to default and it's back to normal now. The other themes seem to be showing normal to me as well.

from what i understand the site goes black at certain times to remember the passed on members of blue light...

the only thing that staff of this site should look into when doing that is change the color of the text in the box for writing replies, like the one i'm writing in now. the text is in pretty much the same color as the back ground so i have to keep high lighting the text to re read what i wrote and it's kind of annoying... there's probably a way to do that pretty easy. don't know if you guys want to check into for next time the site goes black.

Dark classic is also my choice. I think a purple for this style would be really dope though, but dark Purps

from what i understand the site goes black at certain times to remember the passed on members of blue light...

the only thing that staff of this site should look into when doing that is change the color of the text in the box for writing replies, like the one i'm writing in now. the text is in pretty much the same color as the back ground so i have to keep high lighting the text to re read what i wrote and it's kind of annoying... there's probably a way to do that pretty easy. don't know if you guys want to check into for next time the site goes black.
Honestly, messing with the themes is not easy. At least for someone that isn't super familiar with that kind of thing, which was me when I was an admin. The admin that did the themes isn't on staff anymore at all. But ^^ mal is still an admin, so maybe it's something they can talk about doing.

I use the "BL Light Classic" theme and, at least on mobile, everything is different, even the Bluelight logo. Any "@" mentions are white against a white background and therefore invisible.

I use the "BL Light Classic" theme and, at least on mobile, everything is different, even the Bluelight logo. Any "@" mentions are white against a white background and therefore invisible.
I noticed that also and was wondering if I was just high

We are undergoing the rebrand right now. So some things are going to change as it gets set up. Here's an announcement from Tronica on the discord:

@everyone Good morning/afternoon/evening to you all.
Bluelight.org is undergoing a rebranding. Over the coming 48h, you'll see some changes in our logo and banner. So, no, we haven't disappeared!
You can look at our Reddit site for a preview - https://www.reddit.com/r/bluelight/
But the Discord one will look more special, thanks to the handywork of <@1068745428893454376> and friends
Soon, bluelight.org will look quite different, as it will not only have a new look and logo, but will also be a Wordpress site with curated articles about drugs and harm reduction. The forum community will still be right there, integrated with the Wordpress site. We hope to be able to attract a lot more new people to Bluelight once these changes have been implemented, especially as we will be promoting the new content far and wide.
We hope you like the upcoming changes and thanks for the support!

@deficiT

I noticed the new look about an hour ago. In general it looks cleaner and more attractive. I wish the desktop version was a bit wider, but it really looks much more modern and the colors really flow well. I'm using Dark classic and really like the left margin vertical blue stripe containing the user info. It really has a color that is easy on the eye.

Congrats to all who were involved with the new look. 👍

Hey all. Sorry I have an announcement planned but the new theme wasn’t supposed to be live, as it’s still being debugged. Apologies this has come out of the blue!

I usually have the theme set to blacklight because it's easy on the eyes, however there has been a recent update which turned all username backgrounds a really intense blue. It seems to be the same regardless of the theme chosen. Is this a bug? I would assume the color should change based on the theme but it remains constant. It makes the site rougher to use because the color stands out so much compared to everything else that its incredibly distracting.

Last edited:
I usually have the theme set to blacklight because it's easy on the eyes, however there has been a recent update which turned all username backgrounds a really intense blue. It seems to be the same regardless of the theme chosen. Is this a bug? I would assume the color should change based on the theme but it remains constant. It makes the site rougher to use because the color stands out so much compared to everything else that its incredibly distracting.
Look at the yellow box on the top of the screen

For me for right now, Dark Classic seems to be the most readable, though it also has its issues 🤷

Should be fixed shortly, so don't worry everyone.

Look at the yellow box on the top of the screen
Right I saw the announcement but it wasn't very specific on what the actually issues were 😊

Just wanted to check if that was an intended change or not, as there are definitely some recent intended changes

Right I saw the announcement but it wasn't very specific on what the actually issues were 😊

Just wanted to check if that was an intended change or not, as there are definitely some recent intended changes
No worries, yeah a couple people have asked, it's just a temporary issue while they go through the site overhaul. We'll basically be getting a new homepage, and the logos and such are changing.