• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

'The World's Fastest Stoner' wants to one day run a four-minute mile stoned

slimvictor

Bluelight Crew
The World's Fastest Stoner" slowed under the Santa Monica Pier, pondering where to run.

Just moments before, Chris Barnicle had a commanding lead in a 4.2-mile race that snaked along the beach and through Venice. Now, he had a sudden case of: Dude, where's my finish line?

Barnicle had sped so far ahead of the pack that there were no other runners or race officials in sight, no signs leading the way. Still, a casual observer might wonder whether his current predicament had less to do with signage than with the marijuana coursing through his body.

Barnicle wiped the sweat-matted hair out of his face — and diversion be damned — ran at a pace that challenged the image of the stoner as sloth-like and stationary. The former NCAA All-American burned through an extra quarter-mile, crossing the finish line from the wrong direction.

For the second time, Barnicle won a championship in the pot-themed 420 Games. If Red Auerbach celebrated a big Boston Celtics victory with a stogie, the 29-year-old Boston native celebrated his by smoking a joint in his van.

cont at

http://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-adv-super-fast-stoner-20160420-story.html

ran at a pace that challenged the image of the stoner as sloth-like and stationary.

how and why is this still a stereotype? just off the top of my head i can name schwarzenegger, phelps and ross rebagliati; three wildly successful athletes known to toke. this stereotype is seriously well past the best-before date, time to retire it!

They also don't him any credit for the 420 Games being poorly organized. Nobody in that event knew where it ended (or even the exact course of the race).

Smoking makes my lungs hurt and interferes with my ability to breathe. It's too athletically disruptive for me. I can't see how anybody can partake of a drug by this ROA without hindering their performance.

I loved getting blazed before my intramural basketball games. Fun timrs.

Smoking makes my lungs hurt and interferes with my ability to breathe. It's too athletically disruptive for me. I can't see how anybody can partake of a drug by this ROA without hindering their performance.

Not to mention strenuous exercise can make me reeeeally dizzy when I'm baked.
Def don't want to faint while on a treadmill

I agree that vaping or using edibles are far preferable for a serious athlete, or even a regular person going for a jog or swim, like me.
Still, I really like smoking a hit or two and going for a jog, or a bike ride.

I will probably switch to vaping soon, but I have been enjoying a short daily smoke-and-run for several months and it has been wonderful. The sticking point of vaping for me is that it often makes me feel more sluggish than does smoking, but I think if I find the right strain to do it with it will help me find the right balance.