Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

The Words Contest (poll added)

contest format?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
my two cents ;):
It would definitely make it easier to 'judge' the entries if they were all in a neat format with a stock beginning and end. A reasonably short word limit would also encourage more people to read and vote. But it all depends on how many peeps actually submit an entry...I think a shorter word-expectancy would generate more contestants.

something like this, where you have to finish the 2nd sentence and begin the last:

"The party ended early. I walked out the door and into the dark night...

... and he fell into the water."

I think words should be limited to 1200. That's like 4 pgs double spaced on paper-- takes about 5 minutes to read.

ok, I'm going to make a poll for what the contest will consist of. Some suggestions are:

-An opening and closing line.
-A specific plot.
-A list of characters.

any other ideas are welcome. I'll make the poll in a few days :)

my two cents ;):
It would definitely make it easier to 'judge' the entries if they were all in a neat format with a stock beginning and end. A reasonably short word limit would also encourage more people to read and vote. But it all depends on how many peeps actually submit an entry...I think a shorter word-expectancy would generate more contestants.

something like this, where you have to finish the 2nd sentence and begin the last:

"The party ended early. I walked out the door and into the dark night...

... and he fell into the water."

I think words should be limited to 1200. That's like 4 pgs double spaced on paper-- takes about 5 minutes to read.

I liked this! Good ideas!

I won't have time to participate right away as I'm really busy right now but hopefully sometime I will.

... :( What about my idea ? The one where I shoot down the whole thread with a post-ironic comment?

Mynameisnotdeja, arent you supposed to be in like, Thailand?

I think a relatively low word limit would be good to have, in order to stroke the most out of the writing and make sure that each submission gets read.

And maybe "Word Perfect", as a nice geek reference for a title.;)

i like that idea a lot... it's always a better competition when the max wordcount is small. people really stretch to meet their full writing potential when they can't afford a single gratuitous word.

lol.
bruva
motherfucking black marker!!!! fucking magic marker!!!.

bunch of stoners cant even decide on a word contest. fucking losers.

looks like we have a winner! Now we need some suggestions for the opening and closing lines.

It seemed to shimmer in the sunlight. and There were five.

It was a dark and stormy night ... happily ever after :p Too crappy and cliche, I know. I was only kidding.

I was trying to steal something from a police blotter, but none of them start AND end interestingly :\ The best is a mix and match of

Officers were dispatched to Burger King, 7808 N. Academy Bl. on a report of a robbery. The dining area of the restaurant was closed but the drive-thru was open. ... No arrests have been made. No further information is available at this time.

Feeling poetic?
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary, .... And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted — nevermore!

Random lines from the LOUNGE (taken from tty thread):
My house mates stole my deoderant and I can't get it back because they're asleep from going hard all night ...
... I'm starting to think this cooking thing isn't as difficult as I once assumed ...
... ask and ye shall receive ...
...I'm not sure when the next test date is, I signed up for this a couple of weeks ago. ...

mix'n'match as you please.

OR, and this just came to me, try searching for any threads with 'cracked out quotes' from people on drugs saying the stupidest..I mean, deepest,... things ;) Fo' zample: MD, Baltimore - 06.18.05 - Ultraworld presents STARSCAPE @ Ft Armistead Park *REVIEW*

Status
Not open for further replies.