• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The 'What Have You Bought Recently?' Thread - Because Summer Is a Show Off

You mean you scored some vinyl for a score instead of scoring? That's impressive on all counts :)

Man, I miss my vinyl.. :(

More purchased this weekend! Building my collection back up.

17289137642_ae90e9e10e_o.jpg

I also bought a copy of 100% no soul gaurunteed EP by Nasenbluten for £30 (ouch!) and Deathchant Records 02 for £40 (even more ouch!).

I got a selection of 6mm Dellorto main jets for my new carburetor setup, I know it doesnt sound very exciting but for a man in his mid 40s the garage can be a place of mechanical sanctuary :)

whats the carburetor for motorbike?

Its the bit that gets the fuel and air into the engine, cars use injection these days but this is a 1960s scooter.

I'm running a mildly tuned 200cc engine (2 stroke) and have fitted a new expansion chamber exhaust as well as a new intake manifold to rubber mount the carb. It seems that at high revs the carb gets vibrated and froths the fuel.

I've switched down to a a 28mm carb (was 30mm) still way bigger than standard and running with no airfilter, the jets are used to adjust the fuel mixture so as it's a unique setup I needed a few to get it setup right. I spend more time messing about with it than actually riding it TBH but it's a great diversion from my work.

I've got it geared down for acceleration but it will top 70MPH and get there pretty quick and making a huge racket, the brakes are shot and the ground clearance non existent and you're never sure what might blow up or fall off........I think that is more than enough info

Its the bit that gets the fuel and air into the engine, cars use injection these days but this is a 1960s scooter.

I'm running a mildly tuned 200cc engine (2 stroke) and have fitted a new expansion chamber exhaust as well as a new intake manifold to rubber mount the carb. It seems that at high revs the carb gets vibrated and froths the fuel.

I've switched down to a a 28mm carb (was 30mm) still way bigger than standard and running with no airfilter, the jets are used to adjust the fuel mixture so as it's a unique setup I needed a few to get it setup right. I spend more time messing about with it than actually riding it TBH but it's a great diversion from my work.

I've got it geared down for acceleration but it will top 70MPH and get there pretty quick and making a huge racket, the brakes are shot and the ground clearance non existent and you're never sure what might blow up or fall off........I think that is more than enough info

I fuckin love it when you talk duurty :)

Tell me about bellmouths, needle jets and Venturi's and I'll be yours forever.. ;)

^^ Well due to the Venturi effect I've actually had to reduce the main jet despite it being a smaller carb, I'm running the same pilot as a start.

The needle is an X13 on the second clip and it's a 30 slide, no air filter just a short bellmouth.

The barrel is stage 4 ported and I'm running an unrated crank and main bearings, 12V CDI ignition, fast flow fuel tap and I premix the synthetic 2 stroke oil at 3%. The new expansion chamber should give better bottom end power, the old one was more of a race item that I'd modified (badly welded) to fit my setup.

It should run cleaner and I might get close to maybe 25-30MPG...more if I don't rag it...no wing mirrors, no chrome with chequer plate floor plates.

I've had it 12 years now and rebuilt it so many times as it's evolved, I don't throw lots of cash at it like some, It's been great to finally get back on 2 wheels after such a long time.

But have you ever shoved yer cock in yer bellmouth with the throttle wide open? Eh?

Think I'd better go to bed now...

But have you ever shoved yer cock in yer bellmouth with the throttle wide open? Eh?

Think I'd better go to bed now...

I'm not sure that's possible, the carb is on the left side and the throttle on the right, but I'll give it some thought....not a great deal though

Cheers Dan. ;)

I had a 1600. Bosch K-Jetronic fuel injection.

I can't believe how much stuff I did to that car as an untrained 19-20 year old on a limited budget. Replaced all the brakes, wheel bearings, shocks and coil springs, air & oil filters, spark plugs, HT leads, steering rack, etc. with the aid of my Haynes manual, my dad's tools, and a pair of axle stands. Plus all the hi-fi equipment and reinforced parcel shelf, rustproofing and painting, go-faster stickers, foglights... I spent so much time in that garage, haha. :D

Fuck knows how it ever passed its MOTs.