Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Walking Dead

Could we maybe have a different thread for FTWD? I haven't seen FTWD yet but do watch TWD and enjoy reading this thread - want to avoid FTWD spoilers!

I started a separate Fear the Walking Dead thread starting tonight's episode. Major spoilers in the first post so be warned. Will ask mods to merge some of the content from here there also.

it's been slow going for TWDshow last seaons or two, for me

while the comic keeps on chugging along quite brilliantly (will Kirkman ever run out of ideas??)

if the show fucks Negan up I give up

The Walking Dead really grows on you. The mysterious inability to find guns and ammo in Georgia where more than half the population owns firearms annoyed me at first and so did some of the absolutely stupîd choices most of the characters make. Darrel's choice to use a silent weapon was good, and so was sword girl, especially since there are only slow zombies. I still haven't figured out why they don't just take a boat to some island, any island, any of the 100s of small habitable islands that have fresh water off the coast of Georgia, Florida, the Carolinas, etc, and settle there. But overall the series has been fun to watch.

Last edited:
I would like to see them address the guns and ammo shortage issue. For me, it's a loose string. I haven't seen every season, so maybe I missed something.
maybe somebody else got there first...

my friends and i have discussed this a lot and the sword is definitely a favourite weapon...

alasdair

Guns and ammo would have been the first (and most important) thing to go missing and get dispersed all over the place when the shit hit the fan and people began running. Most of that would have happened in the time before episode one. Whatever was left would have subsequently been taken by the endless stream of stragglers, groups and hideouts looking for places to hole up. So their relative absence seems entirely credible to me.

I don't know about the show, but in the comics Eugene is pretty prolific at making ammo

and it looks like from the new TWD ad spot that this new season will introduce a couple pretty interesting characters that will be yall new favorite characters

Dwight is the biker dude with the long hair. he is a member of the Saviors, but gets pretty close to Rick's group

and then there is also King Ezekiel... the leader of a new encampment that is close to Ricks group. in the TV spot he is that regal looking black man with long dreads, he always speaks in a "game of thrones" accent & inflection, cuz that is the shtick of his whole group - they've sorta reverted back to fuedal times. and that isn't even the most wild part - the craziest is that he has A PET TIGER. yah... I thought his tiger was even stretching it in comicbookland, so how can they pull it off in a show??

anyways, this season has heaps of STRONG material to pull from the comics. the Saviors VS 1st Ricks Group, and then Ricks group teaming up & finding help was a red letter day for the comics

TBH TWD has been a bit of a letdown for me, lately. if the shows Fs this season up, I do believe its past the point of no return 4 me... here's hopin'

Last edited:
Guns and ammo would have been the first (and most important) thing to go missing and get dispersed all over the place when the shit hit the fan and people began running. Most of that would have happened in the time before episode one. Whatever was left would have subsequently been taken by the endless stream of stragglers, groups and hideouts looking for places to hole up. So their relative absence seems entirely credible to me.
right. it's a post apocalyptic environment. food and medicine are scarce - why wouldn't weapons and ammunition also be scarce?

alasdair

in the comics they make a pretty big deal about how precious guns & ammo are, after every passing year. would be surprised if this wasn't addressed in the show??

and also there was a pretty big character at of nerdy Eugene kinda finding his calling in life and being able to manufacture ammo (to a certain extent). I believe he would get use casings and blacksmith them up & fill them up??

I don't recall that happening in the show yet, I bet it will. and also the lack of guns kinda goes with that new character - King Ezekial - again, his camp has reverted back to a more fuedal / knights running around type shit

this is the Comic Con spot I was talking about, pretty legit

something kewl they kept from the books are how the Saviors utilize chained up zombies to form a protective perimeter around their encampment

can't wait to see Dwight (long hair, interesting scar on his face). really good conflicted character

and also there was a pretty big character at of nerdy Eugene kinda finding his calling in life and being able to manufacture ammo (to a certain extent). I believe he would get use casings and blacksmith them up & fill them up??

I don't recall that happening in the show yet, I bet it will.

Eugene had just started making ammo before he was killed in the show...

^ spoiler alert!

eugene was shot but is still alive as of s06e16...

abraham and eugene find the workshop wheer eugene says he can make ammo in s06e14 but he had not started actually making it as of the end of s06.

alasdair

Sorry, thankfully it wasn't much of a spoiler as my memory is clearly failing me lol. Actually I think I got mixed up reading all those 'who did he [Negan] kill' speculations...

Hated how they all had shower access in season 6 and Daryl still looked greasy AF

Also the Rick and Michonne thing isn't surprising

Those feelings are bound to happen when two people go through so much shit together

Last edited by a moderator:
man Negan did this upcoming "major character kill off scene" exactly in Issue 100 of the Walking Dead. I remember furiously reading that shit, it was like double-thick in pages cuz of Ish 100 and had like 10 different variant covers (as comics are wont to do)

I think I can say it without being a spoiler, but just in case... in the TWDcomic -

NSFW:
he kills Glen

th

and he's one of my fave characters of all-time. been a real treat to see him on the show, Steven Yuen does a great job

I think Abraham and daryle die, just too cause America do have a anxiety attack lol.. Glenn is my favorite by far but I think he need to get the Lucile honestly... At some point you have to honor the comics, and his death was one of the biggest comic book moments in history, so sadly I hope they pay tribute and whack him... RIP glenn

I kinda am creeped out by the psychotic kid. The one that was smothering Judith. I wouldn't be surprised if Carol or Tyrese have to put her down at some point.
I'm assuming they put Carol and Ty together cau