• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

The unplanned disaster

All I can tell you is that having another person advocating for appropriate medication can be a powerful tool. If I say I'm in pain or if I say I haven't slept for ten days or if I say I'm suffering chronic anxiety - my doctor will suspect I'm lying to get medication.

But if my wife contacts my doctor and points out that I cannot walk, cannot sleep and have been demonstrating symptoms of severe chronic anxiety for months, doctors are a bit more likely to believe HER since she's the one stuck taking care of me and it's not her getting the medicine.

I have honestly never abused this fact. But it does appear that doctors really want conformation from someone who is in a position to know.

You are quite within your rights to grant permission for them to act on your behalf. I expect the paperwork differs from nation to nation but it's not as uncommon as you might think.

If that person has witnessed your suffering then they can inform your doctor.

All I can tell you is that having another person advocating for appropriate medication can be a powerful tool. If I say I'm in pain or if I say I haven't slept for ten days or if I say I'm suffering chronic anxiety - my doctor will suspect I'm lying to get medication.

But if my wife contacts my doctor and points out that I cannot walk, cannot sleep and have been demonstrating symptoms of severe chronic anxiety for months, doctors are a bit more likely to believe HER since she's the one stuck taking care of me and it's not her getting the medicine.

I have honestly never abused this fact. But it does appear that doctors really want conformation from someone who is in a position to know.

You are quite within your rights to grant permission for them to act on your behalf. I expect the paperwork differs from nation to nation but it's not as uncommon as you might think.

If that person has witnessed your suffering then they can inform your doctor.

I've tried this. And all they still wanted to prescribe was promethazine lol. Which is just not useful in the slightest. I am sore. Depressed. Don't want to be awake really.

I never normally bother with them but i've been taking quintipine/seroquel again lately. Just purely so i can sleep for large amounts of time and not have to be awake.