European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Misc The UK rolling tobacco comparison thread

F.U.B.A.R.

Bluelight Crew
This is for all you rollie smokers out there.

I'm interested to hear what brands people prefer and the prices you pay in different stores and parts of the country.

(This is for shop bought baccy only, not bootleg baccy)

My default brand of choice has been Gold Leaf for a number of years now, mainly because its one of the cheapest. When I can't get that I go for the Sterling as its the same price. However, t'other day, Morrisons had neither in stock so the woman suggested Marlboro Gold which was 80p cheaper on 30g than my usual choice. Turns out to be a bloody nice baccy!

Here's a comparison of the three brands mentioned above.

GOLD LEAF

Price for 30g at Morrisons: £12.50

Pros:
Not a bad tasting baccy
Skins included
Resealable pouch

Cons:
No 'bite' to the smoke. Lacking in satisfaction sometimes
Tendency to go powdery towards the bottom of the pouch

STERLING

Price for 30g at Morrisons: £12.50

Pros:
Double packet of skins included

Cons:
Tends to be a little drier and harsher than Gold Leaf
Pouch not resealable

MARLBORO GOLD

Price for 30g at Morrisons: £11.70

Pros:
Satisfying smoke with a nice 'bite'
Stays fresh to the bottom of the pouch
Pouch has a double seal, one of them resealable
Pouch flap has a handy pocket for stashing your skins

Cons:
No skins included

So it's a no brainer - I'm sticking which the Marlboro from now on. The lack of skins is no problem because I always buy mine in bulk from Home Bargains - 69p for a 6 pack of Swan.

(Top tip: never buy from Eurogarages - cunts charged me £15.75 for 30g Gold Leaf the other day)

Last edited:
I get the UK part (barely) but mine was bugler brand. Turkish blend that just satisfied my taste(s).

sorry on mobile so wont try to expand this atm ;)

I quit smoking rollies in 96 when the price for 30g golden virginia was like 6 or 8 quid.

I was used to smoking drum priced at not even 2 quid for 50 grams...

When the baccy goes dry just put a bit of an orange peel in it.

What about Cutters Choice, is that a brand anymore? Smoked it for years then quit in 2013.

Go to after party
get can full of tabs
take a few swigs
empty can
allow to evaporate
smoke stale beer/cider flavoured tobacco, or 'gentlemen's tobacco' as we know it up North.

Used to smoke pueblo when I came back from Aus. Was cheap in asda, that's all I remember. Smoked nice though, no additives.

Now I'm in Vietnam, I pay circa. 40p for a pack of 20 cigs.. save a fucking fortune

Used to smoke pueblo when I came back from Aus. Was cheap in asda, that's all I remember. Smoked nice though, no additives.

Now I'm in Vietnam, I pay circa. 40p for a pack of 20 cigs.. save a fucking fortune

How much is the postage from.Vietnam to the UK mate? :LOL:

How much is the postage from.Vietnam to the UK mate? :LOL:
Haha, last time I sent a package home, they wouldn't let me send perfume home to my mum. Doubt a few sleeves would make it.

Get yourself over here pal, gorgeous country, and easy to earn a decent wage

What the fuck, UK tobacco? I didn’t think there was any commercially grown tobacco in the UK? From my understanding, and correct me if I’m wrong (I live in SW Ohio and have tobacco fields all around), the only way to have your own shag to roll is grow it, dry it, and age it yourself, as long as you don’t grow it for commercial use?

Nah, none of it is grown in the UK mate (afaik), I'm just on about the stuff that's available in the UK. Just interested in proce comparisons and suggestions for alternatives.

It’s ridiculously easy to grow tobacco in the UK, the only reason it’s not done on a bigger commercial scale is the tax. It’s almost £300 per kg in just tax costs.

Apparently tea is also ridiculously easy to grow here, plus the poppy seed morphine/codeine concoctions, not to mention the pure alcohol streams flowing through the lake district, Lakaldisto, gorgeous stuff; how the fuck is that not public knowledge?

Guess its best we pay a premium and nobody knows about it.

I used to smoke cutters choice, then Amber leaf but pueblo is my go to now. Its on the drier side with a decent bite and supposedly additive free. Con would be that it gets a bit dusty towards the end.
If you buy a handful at a time it costs £8 for 30g online from the Netherlands or I think its around £14 in the shops here

May i participate, non Uk .

But I use Pueblo, German brand pure rolling Tobacco (no additives). Best there is American Spirit is good to but cost a few eurocent's more.

Last edited: