• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

The Tree of Immortality (haoma)

Dresden

Bluelighter
It doesn't seem fair to me that God wouldn't allow Adam and Eve to eat from the tree of immortality. Its just a matter of time until we humans get some, if we haven't already (possibly meth or MDMA). If given the opportunity, would you try it? I know I would/will.

According to the Avesta text about Haoma:

"the mildly intoxicating extract can be consumed without negative side effects" (Yasna 10.8 )

That sounds pretty awesome. A drug with no downside. The active ingredient Haomaine may be further potentiated through structural modification. I suspect 3-MeO-Haomaine might be even more intoxicating. :)

Seriously though, I suspect the soul already is immortal according to my beliefs. Its the body that is not immortal. taking a substance that gives immortality would be redundant for the soul or trap you in a body for eternity. Fuck that.

The story of the Garden is pure allegory that has parallels all over the world and from times before Christianity ever existed. I wish people would stop taking the story so literally.

The story more or less describes the human spirit living in a relatively pure, egoless state, and then entering into the world of duality by wanting to "know" more.

We're immortals that are undergoing a process that involves delusion and a veil of forgetting that results from it.

The story of the Garden is pure allegory that has parallels all over the world and from times before Christianity ever existed. I wish people would stop taking the story so literally.

The story more or less describes the human spirit living in a relatively pure, egoless state, and then entering into the world of duality by wanting to "know" more.

We're immortals that are undergoing a process that involves delusion and a veil of forgetting that results from it.

You put it eloquently. Not being a smart ass but you semed it up. I concur.