• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The Travel Thread - I am lovely and respectful to all in my path PLUR <3 xxxxx

Sorry if this has been asked before, couldn't find it with search. I'm traveling in UK with my buddies, does anyone know if I take ferry to Dublin, will there be cops and dogs and shit? Or is it open border like most of EU? What about northern ireland? I was planning on buying something for the party to take with me, but now I'm having second thoughts. Thanks!

Not really in the spirit of the site to enable folk to make risk assessments about this sort of stuff hollerlro - the only advice is to never chance anything like that.

FYI the Irish Sea ferry's have similar security to airports if that helps... :\

Regardless of stuffing drugs down your bollocks you'll probably puke your guts up on the Holyhead to Dublin ferry. Fly. Much less puke involved. The Irish Sea is notoriously rough.

Ah, sorry bout that, I thought it was ok to discuss risk assesment :sus: ... Anyway, isn't Northern Ireland sort of part of UK, so I'd reckon there isn't much of border control there? Thanks for the replies nevertheless appreciate it!

Ah, sorry bout that, I thought it was ok to discuss risk assesment :sus: ... Anyway, isn't Northern Ireland sort of part of UK, so I'd reckon there isn't much of border control there? Thanks for the replies nevertheless appreciate it!

We are a part of the UK. There are no border controls on the north border but the Guardai will sometimes do random stops on the border, generally buses filled with people heading to certain events. Our bus was stopped in Monaghan and one of the travellers arrested.

There is border control in sea ports on both sides of the Irish sea. I've only travelled the Irish Sea to the Scottish ports and to Fleetwood but found there was border control and plenty of police.

We are a part of the UK. There are no border controls on the north border but the Guardai will sometimes do random stops on the border, generally buses filled with people heading to certain events. Our bus was stopped in Monaghan and one of the travellers arrested.

There is border control in sea ports on both sides of the Irish sea. I've only travelled the Irish Sea to the Scottish ports and to Fleetwood but found there was border control and plenty of police.

Thanks for the info, really appreciate it and looking forward to visiting. I guess I'll take my chances then, or won't, we'll see ;) ... Interesting that there's border control inside the UK, but I guess that's what you get with prolonged ongoing terror attacks and what you guys have had. Safe journeys everyone!

I am going back to Ecuador and Peru.:)

Ooh very nice, There both places that we fancy visiting. What times of the year have you been before?

I'm looking at Santiago and Buenos Aires for my next big holiday but I usually change my mind a few times before I actually book up (New Zealand and Australia are both on the cards and so is Greenland, Norway and Denmark)

I would really like to go back to Japan but in the Spring or even Autumn as this summer was very hot and made hiking about the place a bit uncomfortable and pretty exhausting.

Both times will be in our winter, their summer but it really makes very little difference in Ecuador because it is on the equator. The whole country is the size of England and it is the most varied geography and climate you can imagine--from Chimborazo (over 6K meters and the highest point on earth) to the vast Amazonian rainforest, cloud forest, high deserts and good surfing on the coast. In Peru there is Colca Canyon, deeper than Grand Canyon, where you can sit up top and watch the condors fly below you. I really loved Ecuador--it is unbelievably cheap to travel there. Peru is more expensive and so I explored it a lot less than Ecuador, but this time I will be going with my Peruvian-american friend so maybe I will see a little bit more.

Thanks Herby :)

It is easier when your travelling with somebody with local knowledge. When we were in Sri Lanka we hired a driver for our stay and he was a godsend, thankfully he was a very respectable guy, great English and really good fun.

I am going back to Ecuador and Peru.:)

Good for you. Two of my favourite countries. Anyone who has the chance (money) to go to Machu Picchu and doesn't take it is a fool. I've been all over Ecuador too. Fly around Peru. Lan Peru. Brand new aircraft and cheap enough to make 24 hour bus rides not worth it.

I'm trying for Jordan and Lebanon.

Both times will be in our winter, their summer but it really makes very little difference in Ecuador because it is on the equator. The whole country is the size of England and it is the most varied geography and climate you can imagine--from Chimborazo (over 6K meters and the highest point on earth) to the vast Amazonian rainforest, cloud forest, high deserts and good surfing on the coast. In Peru there is Colca Canyon, deeper than Grand Canyon, where you can sit up top and watch the condors fly below you. I really loved Ecuador--it is unbelievably cheap to travel there. Peru is more expensive and so I explored it a lot less than Ecuador, but this time I will be going with my Peruvian-american friend so maybe I will see a little bit more.
Twice as deep

Lol now I see the connection Equator = Ecuador

I hope a sacred cacti ritual was engaged in with a shaman