• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS the tds video thread v. smile

If you've ever wanted to learn the history of the Soviet Union in a quick and concise way (that's also catchy) give this a watch :D

[video]http://vimeo.com/jonathanhodgson/the-man-with-the-beautiful-eyes[/video]

Last edited:
^ omg, I remember my dad showing that to me when I was around 8 or 9, when it had just come out. At the time I didn't think much of it because I was young, but 13 years later....damn...

Dr. Marc D. Lewis is a professor at the Behavioral Science Institute, he discusses the story and the science behind his book Memoirs of an Addicted Brain.

Lewis's book documents the years he spent addicted to drugs including morphine and heroin, and links his first-hand drug experiences to his current behavioural science research into the interaction between drugs and brain chemistry.
<3

^Ad Lib, Is'nt it refreshing and hopeful to see a neuroscientist who was/is an actual addict, both make it and also, shed some invaluable, subjective, light onto this discourse. ;)<3

Last edited:
^Ad Lib, Is'nt it refreshing and hopeful to see a neuroscientist who was/is an actual addict, both make it and also, shed some invaluable, subjective, light onto this discourse. ;)<3

It truly is, it makes me feel not so alone in this world <3

RSA Shorts - The Power of Empathy

"What is the best way to ease someone's pain and suffering? In this beautifully animated RSA Short, Dr Brené Brown reminds us that we can only create a genuine empathic connection if we are brave enough to really get in touch with our own fragilities."

happy holidays.

alasdair