• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids The struggle - and the uncertainty

CrazyPlantCat

Greenlighter
Hello! I'm a long time opiate (12+ years of mixed use) user who's been prescribed zubsolv for the last 16 months or so. I've recently relapsed with H. This happened last week, after (for the 3rd or so time) I ran out of my script before the pharmacy gods would allow me to refill.

They're very strict with this shit where I live, and not nearly as understanding as my friendly neighborhood dealer about how I'd like to keep my life on track by not being sick AF. Needless to say, he welcomed me back with open arms, and as soon as I pissed in the cup at the doctor's office, I broke up a line on the sink and snorted it. I ran out of the H last night, and I've since been allowed to fill the zubsolv. My plan was to fuck off with the zubsolv until a week before my next appointment, and continue using H until then. Life intervened, I was not able to hook up this morning 🥺

I started feeling super shitty around hour 13, so I caved and took the usual dose of zubsolv. It usually eases the intense body pains that I feel, along with the intense sweats/chills and other withdrawal symptoms, and has me feeling right as rain. Not today.

The pain I am feeling is ungodly, and my sweats & chills have greatly reduced, but it's nothing like before. I do not feel well at all.

I now have an appointment to meet up with the dope man in the next hour.

My dose of zubsolv was 1.5 tablets, around 8 hours ago.

Am I safe now to do the H in the next hour? Nasally.

Also, I've went back & forth between subs & h & opana, Roxy, etc over the years, and I've never had this diminished result from buprenorphine before.

Any input is appreciated!

Hello CrazyPlantCat...hope you're feeling better today. I've battled heroin addiction since I was 19, and I'll be 70 in a couple of months. Zubsolv is apparently another brand of suboxone. If suboxone is taken before the heroin is out of your system, it triggers enhanced, or precipitated, withdrawal symptoms, or so I was told by doctors. When I went into a rehab for my last (hopefully my final) kicking of heroin, they used suboxone for heroin addicts. I had to wait 24 hours from my last opiate use before getting suboxone. Over the next 5 days I was weaned off the suboxone.
Your question is the other way around. I'm not a doctor or anything, but I think the suboxone will block the effects of the heroin if taken too soon. I've read that after 24 hours the effects of suboxone starts to diminish, but can last up to 60 hours in some people. I also read that it is safe to use heroin within 24 hours.
Hopefully this helps, and if anyone that reads this and disagrees with what I've written, please, PLEASE, say so. I would hate to give false info to anyone.
Peace

Suboxone is one powerful chemical man. Im in the same boat as you right now with oxycodone. My last sub use was around 65 hours ago and the only thing that the oxy has been doing is making my receptors happy, as in no harsh withdrawls or any symptoms really. Euphoria and all that good stuff we look for is rarely there. I was taking subs for a month or so, so maybe thats why its more prolonged for me. Maybe it will be different for you. I guess you can look at it as each hour goes by, you get closer to what you want. Also.... please dont chase the buzz cause thats how you OD. Test the waters and dont waste your money blowing a whole bag when your receptors aren't ready. Be safe, Cheers