The songs that made us .....

somnilicious

Bluelighter
Everybody has those songs deeply connected to their memory. Where everytime you hear them you can't help but think about a time or period in your life. Post song and share memory.

It's not an extremely interesting story in my life but not is it inconsequential. I have always loved liquid pop and lock to 90's electro. I was part of a crew.......yada...yadda...yadda.

2016 I meet this girl and become obsessed with during heroin recovery. I just got social media and I can't stop social media stalking her. Eventually it becomes an unrequited love situation. I'm depressed, suicidal but every night I would go oceanside, moonlight and dance to this song. The full moon would be shining off the breaking wave crests while I moved down the shore.

The line " I dressed you in her clothes" really struck me. It was at this time that I made a monumental leap in my recovery when I realized I always tried to replace drugs with women. Not just women but my ideal woman, which I made every woman I liked into, whether it was reality or not. I just wanted an escape which always led to relapse. Someone to validate myself.

(Also a selfish assessment on my girlfriend who died) and all girls who followed.

I think I only have one memory of note: when I was 2 or 3 I remember agitating my Mum to play Enough is Enough again on the record player and getting her to dance with me. I absolutely loved the happy high energy upbeat second half of the song. It's a really vivid memory, I still remember holding Mum's hands and jiggling us around the room with all the wobbly coordination you'd expect from a toddler lol

I have so many songs that I have memories and connection to, but for the life of me I can't think of them right now.

This song has always stuck with me, my first psychedelic trip I played this album and had a mystical experience. Almost every time I tripped afterwards I would think of this song, or hear it in my head. It's not even my favorite song on the album, so not sure why I remember this one so well.

I was drunk driving at 2am when I was 19 but I was so trashed I had to pull over and ask my friend to drive. Not 2 mins after we switched a cop got behind us and my friend took off in a high speed pursuit. We were weaving in and out of little residential streets in the rain when all of a sudden we slid and a giant oak tree was directly in front of us. We collided and the airbag exploded in my face. Somehow my friend crawled out a 3/4 rolled up window on to a parked car and got up and over a chin link fence.

i started screaming about the car and the cop came back surprised to see me because he didn't know I was in the vehicle. I had to go to the hospital and get airbag dust washed out of my eye. I looked exactly like 2 face from the burn on one side do to having been facing my friend during collision.

This is the song that was playing on the radio. It was surreal. I felt like I was in some cheap 70's movie car chase scene.

Last edited:
Hey kids-I was reminiscing just yesterday regarding this exact thread. I posted a wordy comment in the Lyrics that appeal to you today thread in Words that in truth should be here. Can someone smart move it over here for me? I’ll fix it after. Thank you kindly in advance for helping! :)

Hey kids-I was reminiscing just yesterday regarding this exact thread. I posted a wordy comment in the Lyrics that appeal to you today thread in Words that in truth should be here. Can someone smart move it over here for me? I’ll fix it after. Thank you kindly in advance for helping! :)

ok, I moved it.

unfortunately since your post was made before this thread, when I moved it, you became the OP and pushed @somnilicious out. Just a stupid thing Xenforo does that I had forgotten about. So I had to do a bit of Frankenstein work to get everything back right. @somnilicious you may notice a different post date on the original post, but I copied the original to make everything the same. Just lost a few reactions is all.

gin blossoms, goo goo dolls, and spin doctors remind me of driving in the car with my mother as a kid. i like those songs a lot at the time because they made me depressed and i'd long to be older and have a hot wife like my mother. lol. kind of weird but i think that's what was going on in my head. lol

when i was a teen i got into the emo genre bands like sunny day real estate, the get up kids, hot rod circuit gave me the feeling of listening to gin blossoms and the goo dolls and it rocked a little harder... i got the same feeling listening to bush when i was a little younger too.

i think a feeling similar to depression that i get while listening to music made me who i am a bit. i've even thought that the feelings i get from music has been more of a better experience than drugs but i'm really not sure. they kind of hit me different. i guess it's good to change up emotions every now and then so neither time was really better.

ok, I moved it.

unfortunately since your post was made before this thread, when I moved it, you became the OP and pushed @somnilicious out. Just a stupid thing Xenforo does that I had forgotten about. So I had to do a bit of Frankenstein work to get everything back right. @somnilicious you may notice a different post date on the original post, but I copied the original to make everything the same. Just lost a few reactions is all.
Rad! Thanks buddy!

I awoke with a pounding headache.

"Oh fuck does it hurt. Damn! I'm fighting for a promotion at work. Why did I go out drinking last night? I'll never book enough tours to get bumped up to VIP in this condition. Didn't my roommates girlfriend say she had the hook for some meth. That'll be the ticket."

I go out to cook breakfast and call my roommates girlfriend. I turn on the oven.. nothing...

"What the fuck? This room isn't even worth the money I pay for it. Of course my dipshit roommate would flake and go to detox for a week without paying the power. No wonder it's so fucking hot. It's damn near 90 degrees in here."

I make the call and suit up for work. Somebody is supposed to bring the stuff to my job.

" Damn, I hate dealing with strangers. Whatever. I feel like garbage. I'll let it slide this time."

I get to work and a guy and girl arrive just as my contact had communicated. They're both young, mid 20's. They introduce themselves as boyfriend and girlfriend, like I could really give a shit about their relationship status. I just want the fucking drugs.. I get the shit and bounce across the parking lot in glee. I'm happier than a pig in shit.

Now I can probably count the number of times I've done meth on one hand and every single time chaos erupts but its gonna be different this time. Right? Right?

" Ahh, who fucking cares. I'm gonna book some tours for sure"

I go in the bathroom and eagerly hoover up a line. I look in the mirror and all I see is awesomeness. Pure technicolor awesomeness emanating from my visage, like a heavenly aura.

"I'm a tour booking badass." I exclaim to myself.

I go up front with my best tour booking face on.. I feel all eyes on me as I strut the red carpet. I can practically hear the Beegees "staying alive" as I harness my inner Saturday night fever Travolta.

" I'm gonna burn this floor up today. It's a disco inferno in here. Let's do this shit." I think to myself.

I smile broadly and greet my friend at the front desk.

" Dude what the fuck is wrong with your face?" He responds before even saying hello.

"What do you mean?"

" You're jaw. You look crazy!" He says wide eyed and confused.

"Fuck! I did too much. They know.."
As paranoia slowly creeps it's way into the framework of my mind.

I book no tours and make my way home dejected..having been the object of gossip and whispers that slowly worked their way back to my ears even before I leave for the day..

I get home and burn a couple of bowels.

"Fuck work! Who cares. I'll be back on tomorrow."

Suddenly my phone rings. It's my roommates girlfriend. "What could she want?"

"Hey Jefe.. Do you know anybody that would like to buy some meth?" She asks.

Before my mind even has time to think about the question. I hear my mouth blurting out the words.

"I'll buy some more."

"Fuck! Why did I say that?" I think to myself.

Edit.... To be continued. I just lost 3 times as much typed material as is saved on this page. The story was just taking off and even with all the lost material I was only halfway through the story. I'm feeling a little defeated because I feel the lost material was some good stuff.....but I'll get back to this soon. For now I'm going to create some more stories in the cocaine fueled red light district of Medellin, Colombia. I have more stories about this as well that I'll share later, in some other thread as this is my third time in Medellin.

I start driving to the predetermined drive through, while communicating with my roommates fiance. I'm instructed to stop in the wide open parking lot. Fucking Strange...I'm holding the predetermined $40 when out of nowhere a Spanish guy appears at my car window, snatches the money out of my hand and throws a paper wrap in my car.

Yelling " that's some good California shit. You're gonna love this."

Gone quicker than he came.

I remember loudly exclaiming.

"WTF?"

No sooner than the words are out I look to the left when all of a sudden headlights turn on and start driving towards me. I quickly look to the right and headlights flick on. The race is on.

"They're trying to fucking pincer me in."

I grab the wrap and swallow immediately and jerk the wheel as fast as I can and pump the gas jumping up over the curb into the drive through line. I watch as 2 carloads of people park and watch me work my way through the line to pick up somebody else's order.

When I exit the sky suddenly unloads a torrent of rain. It is pouring and I can barely see. My phone begins to ring. It's fucking girl. I pick up and she's trying to get me to come hangout with her at some hotel room with her "friends".

"You deserve to blow off steam Somni. Please! There will be girls"

"Fuck no! I'm not going to any damn hotel room. I'm going home."

I make me way back in sheer terror.

"What the fuck just happened? Was that? Nah... You're crazy dude."

but it eats at my mind. Then the phone rings ..

"Oh shit! Whatever is in the wrap is kicking in and it's strong."

To be Continued.... Gonna heat up. I'm bound for the fryer. Stay tuned more to come when I'm less drunk. Not even halfway through.

I pick up the phone and its my roommates fiancé again. This time she wants me to come give her $40 that my roommate owed her which I said I would pay back out of the rent money because he refused to do so because of them currently being on a time out(fighting). I knew I might be walking into my arrest but curiosity was eating me alive. I have to know if my intuitions are correct and if its coming its coming so I drive back and meet her. I have to break a hundred so we walk up to the late night window at Checkers to get change. We're standing there when I feel a presence behind me. I turn my head over my left shoulder and out of the corner of my eye I see the guy who threw the wrap in my car craning his neck to get a good look at me. He notices me looking at him and quickly dips off into the shadows behind. As I slowly turn my head back around I meet her eyes and it is a look of absolute terror. She is a deer caught in the headlights and her lip begins to quiver as her voice comes out like that of a child.

"Somni....... I would never do anything to hurt you."

"Why the fuck would she say that right now?" I think as my intuition is now proven to be correct without a doubt in my mind. "Why aren't I being taken into custody?" I leave and get home. I really start to get paranoid at this point. My roommate just got out of detox and he was partying on meth with some chick he met and he got the good idea to buy a large quantity and start selling it. She had been bitching about him all week and threatening to set him up so like a dumbass I call her up and ask her if she is setting my roommate up and if I need to get out of the house. She immediately starts crying and says.

"No Somni, No! Why did you say that?" The phone clicks as she hangs up.

At this point this wrap is really kicking in. Now remember that I've only done meth a couple of times. I don't even know how much meth one gets for $40. I was absolutely frying. I could not sit still and I felt like I was going to explode with anxiety sitting here to await my fate. For some reason the only thing I could think to do was masturbate (meth... am right?) so I start masturbating to soothe my anxiety while waiting on the goon squad. When all of a sudden I hear all this commotion, banging, voices and its obvious somebody is here. I hold my breath and sit in silent anticipation. The commotion dies down and I wait for what seems like an eternity but nothing is happening. I then start to hear creaking above me and im starting to trip.

"Am I hearing this? Is it real or am I imagining it?" Then that dies down.

I sit and sit and sit but nothing. I finally muster up the courage to go look and see what's going on. I walk out of the room and down the hallway. As soon as I round the corner into the living room I am met with the sight of my roommate and his fiancé standing in the very corner of the darkened room facing each other behind a recliner whispering. They immediately freeze up and in unison they nervously raise up their phones to pretend they are standing in the living room at 4am facing each other while texting. It was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen and even they know how stupid they look because fiance breaks the silence.

'We're making up Somni. Thats why im here."

He's not so evasive... " You got my fiance to get you meth.?"

"NO"

"Yes you fucking did!"

"No I didn't."

I now realize at this point that they must need something more or id be done and Im terrified they are wearing a wire or the police are in the room waiting to hear an admission so I bolt towards his room and throw open the door. Nothing..... I go to the closet and throw open the door and start moving the clothes around. He's behind me yelling that I need to stop and that I cant behave this way. I don't give a fuck what he thinks at this moment. I start walking around the house examining things. I notice a screw gun and couple of screws sitting on the stove. "WTF! That wasn't there before" I then walk into the garage and start looking around. I notice there are foot prints on the top of the washing machine next to a piece of drywall and as I look up over it I see a square cut out of the wall which is an access to the attic. I climb up and look and this route makes a perfect line to my room. Then I remember the creaking in the ceiling and it hits me.

"These fucks really were in the attic watching me through the vent over my bed."

I then go outside because i have to get out of this house. The sun is coming up and I'm seeing shadow cops out of the corner of my eye. I would even give chaise to catch them ducking around the corner of the house. "I'm tripping. They're not there." but I can hear the rumbling of the swat breach vehicle and helicopters everywhere. I then look into the backseat of fiancés car and there it is the very recognizable sight of a brown paper bag full of clothes with inmate numbers and yesterdays date. Time to go... so i went to McDonalds and got breakfast hoping they were gone when I returned. They were but when I walked into my room I noticed the bottom drawer of my dresser slightly ajar. "HHMMM? What is this?" I open the drawer and start digging around. I grab a small container of creatine I had in there thrown around with a bunch of other shit and when I open it up I am met by the sight of a bunch of crystal shards lining the outside of one solid lime green ball of this lime creatine.

"Holy shit! They are trying to plant drugs on me."

I quickly dump the shit in the toilet, start grabbing all my possessions to throw in my car and get the fuck out of here for good. I call up my father who is an hour away because I need help moving. Then I call the cops because in my mind I needed to get out ahead of this and preemptively protect myself with documentation. Plus, I want them there in case my roommates come back before i'm done getting out.

The cops arrive and I launch into a rambling story about my room mates planting meth on me. They immediately think im tweaking so they handcuff me and start asking me stupid questions, like "Who's the president? What year is it? and other such questions to gauge my grasp of reality. Satisfied that Im ok they simply check the creatine container, see nothing and leave me there packing.

My dad arrives as Im receiving a call from the first girl they introduced me to earlier in the day. Shes asking me to come give her a ride. I tell her.

"Im not going anywhere! My roommate just tried to plant drugs on me." and hangup.

Within minutes my roommates come flying around the corner and come to a screeching holt. Dude jumps out of the car and we start yelling at each other across the yard. I'm saying

"You know what you fucking did!" and he is just going on about me not being a martyr or some shit. We're about to fight but his girl grabs him and starts whispering stuff in his ear. They then come at me acting niceas if nothing is happening.

"but you got high last night? Right?"

"Yeah"

Devious smiles crack across their face. "You did meth last night?"

"yeah" so?

"and your a heroin addict?"

"Yeah so what?"

They start jumping up and down while hugging each other like they just won the fucking lottery. Then they run up and hug me telling me they love me while making sure to say my name very loudly.

"So these fucks are wearing a wire and they think they've nailed me. I haven't admitted to any particular crime other than being a drug user. They got nothing"

My roommate then starts asking about a library book I got on his card. His girlfriend grabs him and is softly telling him to leave me alone now. I go inside to grab one last handful of stuff when I come out to see him in my car with my dad just sitting there letting him.

"WTF? Why did you let him in the car?"

I jump in and my father and I take off. I was supposed to be at work 5hrs ago but I called them and told them I would be extremely late because I was dealing with an emergency so the plan is to drop off my car in a nearby parking lot and my father would drive me to work so I could make an appearance. When I get there they just tell me to go home and come back tomorrow so we drive back to my car, which was sitting in the furthest corner of the parking lot away from the stores. There were no cars anywhere near it but when I got back there were 3 carloads of people sitting directly around my car with nobody else for at least 50yrds.

I get out of my fathers truck and walk in what felt like slow motion to my car. I get in and look directly ahead to the carload in front of me. The guy in the drivers seat has his hand on the steering wheel and his head down against it. He slowly raises it up until our eyes are absolutely locked. I crank the car and a piercing Viking howl erupts from the speakers as Robert Plant gives the battle cry. I'm over come with a jolt of adrenaline and my spine shivers as my dad starts to lead our caravan out onto the high seas and war to the pounding guitar and drums of "Immigrant Song" Each car slowly falls into line to make our combined exit from the parking lot.......... To be Continued...............

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
Love that song by Deftones. Mascara is one of my favorites I think it's on the same album.

But for me it's gotta be free bird. They played it at my dad's funeral so it got ingrained.

This one has helped, get me through, the dark times, without fail. 💜
Intense times, call for intense, shouty, measures 😉