• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The Snooker Thread. V. "Sport" for pacemaker patients and the deaf

the final has been rather dull and flat so far, Ronnie only played well in 2 frames yesterday. :\

Everyone wants to see him producing fireworks, but even he has finally come to accept that he cant play well every day. I really hope he can go out there today all guns blazing and play his own game, and not be dragged into playing Selby style tactical slow nip and tuck stuff. Selby could get the better of him if he does that. :sus:

If he wins today, it wil make him 6 times world champion, which is a very special achievment, and a more appropriate measure of his talent to go down into the record books. If he wins this one, he could quite possibly get another 2 wins and break all the modern era records.

I saw a little bit earlier and it was 10 frames each, just checked and Selby is currently winning 14 - 12
yes he is. Deserves it too, playing well.
I want ronnie to win so he's in with a chance of beating hendry's record

The Rocket isnt being given any space to take off. Gutted. Unless Ronnie produces his best performance ever now he's gonna loose.

I'm not a huge snooker fan but whenever i have watched it i am amazed at some of the shots that are played. I used to enjoy playing pool in the pub and thought i was quite good at it but when i tried to play snooker i was bloody terrible. It gave me an appreciation of just how hard snooker is and just how much skill these guys have got.It's not even just the quality of their shots it's also the planning ahead that they do to ensure they either leave themselves with something to pot or to snooker their opponent.

I would admire Selby's skills if it wasnt for the fact that he is beating my favourite current player. He is making everything extremely difficult for Ronnie, just making 20-30 breaks and then putting Ronnie in trouble, all the time. :! Making each frame last half an hour, doesnt suit Ronnie atall im sure he'd rather get beat in ten minutes flat per frame so he could quickly get on with the next.

Selby has made an excellent comeback, superb play and strong mind to not let ronnie run awway with it when he was five frames down.

Do you play snooker yourself MDB?

Ive played on and off, i felt like i was starting to get reasonably good at some points (stringing a handfull of shots together counts as reasonably good in my book), not played for about 6 years atm, just sticking to pool atm.

It must be mentally tireing to play so many frames as you've got to stay concentrated on every shot you make in every frame

Ive played on and off, i felt like i was starting to get reasonably good at some points (stringing a handfull of shots together counts as reasonably good in my book), not played for about 6 years atm, just sticking to pool atm.
It is one of those games that you do have to play on a regular basis to get any good at and stay good at. I was chuffed if i ever managed to get a red and then a colour, that was great as far as i was concerned. Pool is much easier to play but just as enjoyable but you don't half notice the difference going from a pool table to a snooker table

It is surprisingly mentally and physically tireing to sustain the concentration required.

Whats infuriating about this final for Ronnie and his fans is that Ronnie is playing well when he gets the chance, but i guess its a tribute to Selby that Ronnie isnt being given many chances. He's only 2 behind, he could turn that round in 12 minutes. Or Selby could keep keeping things tight.

Yeah i guess Selby is doing well then by frustrating Ronnie by not allowing him to play the game how he would like to play it. All tactics & mindgames i guess

Just had a quick check and Ronnie has closed the gap to one frame currently

Selby was too much for him in the end. Disappointing for Ronnie, but he was very sporting and gallant at the end, and the win meant a hell of a lot to Selby and his family and friends. He deserved it.

Yup, Selby played a great match.

Didn't lose it when ronnie started moving ahead and once he settled in to his game he just totally stopped ronnie from playing his.

Thanks for posting that. Glad they both escaped unscathed. It could have been a whole lot worse.

Anyone else watching the Champion of Champions on ITV4 this week? O'Sullivan vs Fu at the moment, Ronnie looks in pretty good shape (probably enticed by the £100k prize for 3 days work). There must be a big firework display nearby in Coventry at the moment too, because you can hear it in the auditorium, must be quite off-putting!