Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ The Small & Handy BTCP Thread

Xorkoth

Administrator
Staff member
The Official BTCP/Benocyclidine Thread

220px-BTCP_structure.png

I thought I'd start on thread on it. It actually isn't dissociative or psychedelic but it is an arycyclohexylamine, or close enough, so I thought it was appropriate here. Apparently it is predominantly a DRI, which means it could be pretty nice. Although I just prefer the discussion on the effects of drugs in this forum to wherever else on Bluelight, and the PD Index ensures we keep an accessible repository of information. :)

It's been available a while but not much on it yet. I read a few reddit reports saying that 25-30mg orally is a good dose. However there are concerns about hepatoxicity which is obviously a concern.

Anyway does anyone have any experience? I am somewhat considering ordering some, but I'm not sure.

So, a dissociative-like drug with DRI properties. Would probably be similar to PCP in effects (in theory). Interesting.

Actually from what I hear it's not dissociative, just a DRI. I just thought we should have a thread for it and I'm hoping some people chime in with experience. It's been around for a while now.

What are DRI properties? The comments above appear to disagree on the significance. What does it mean to possess DRI properties?

Dopamine Reuptake Inhibitor

This drug is a stimulant and I'm pretty sure the reason people aren't putting up reports is because it's known to be toxic and nobody is taking the leap. I'm sure not gonna take any of this stuff...way too risky IMO.

Seems like a fairly uninteresting stimulant. Looks like people have taken it, even if not knowingly, as it has been identified as an adulterant in several ecstasy pills between 2011 and 2015: https://www.ecstasydata.org/search.php?substance1=2087

I had a browse through the notes of all reports in an effort to glean something about the subjective effects of the substance, and it seems in the earlier reports there was some uncertainty but in the later ones the analysis appears to be confirmed.

I say "fairly uninteresting" on the basis of my experience with disappointing ecstasy pills containing various disappointing non-MDxx stimulants, although this might be a little unfair. I noticed a few of those adulterated pills also contain 5-MeO-DiPT, although these appear to be actually sold as "Foxy". In later reports where the pills contained just caffeine and benocyclidine, where submitter notes were included, typically these were sold as ecstasy, the implication being they were expected to contain MDMA - in the few cases where there is an implication of the submitter's experience a few have put simply "Expected to be ?" and 1 has "Expected to be fake?" - seeming to indicate that the pills did not live up to expectations.

Not much to go on at all but I would surmise from this very limited data that my assumption that this is likely a "fairly uninteresting stimulant" is not too far off.

At the very least, it does not measure up to MDxx compounds, which is no real surprise given what we know about it's mechanism of action. On the flipside, someone perhaps thought it was an interesting enough substance to serve as a weak imitator of ecstasy, but then, pills containing nothing but caffeine have also been sold as ecstasy, so this probably doesn't really say much.