• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

'The Situation' 'in rehab for alcohol addiction' as well as prescription drugs..

Unbreakable

Bluelighter
He admitted he is in rehab for prescription drugs, but Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino is also undergoing treatment for alcohol addiction, it has been claimed.

It could pose a huge problem for the Jersey Shore star, who is said to be keen to return to his partying lifestyle when heads back to Seaside Heights in New Jersey this summer.

TMZ.com reports that the 29-year-old went through an alcohol detox before enterting the Cirque Lodge in Utah.

He reportedly revealed that his frequent club appearances escalated his alcohol abuse.

This would be a problem for any of his cast members, who are known for their wild, hard-partying ways.

Unfortunately, it's a huge problem for The Situation, who reportedly doesn't want to give up his club-going ways once he's out of rehab.

RadarOnline.com says that part of the reason for his desire to get back in the club is because of the cash he rakes in from his club appearances.

The site reports that he has become quite dependent on the income his presence commands, which is allegedly in the six figure range.

Source: Fist pumping like a Champ ;)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...gs--doesnt-want-hard-partying-ways-Shore.html

He wrote: " I have voluntarily taken steps to get control of a prescription medication problem I had due to exhaustion."

So that means he was talking adderall, " to stay up."

He wrote: " I have voluntarily taken steps to get control of a prescription medication problem I had due to exhaustion."

So that means he was talking adderall, " to stay up."

During the Miami season Ronnie says something about "Mike having ADD, so he's never standing still", so he may have already been prescribed adderall (or similar presciption) and then began abusing it.

I always wondered who would be the first one of that group to go to rehab.

Right now Snooky is filming her own show down here in my town of Jersey City New Jersey, she is prego and living in the rich folk section of the town. I an curious how that show is going to make Jersey City look, I wonder if they will show any of the dope boys on the block lol I doubt it but curious enough to watch it ;) Snookies Due date is non other than December 21 2012

Last edited:
I stopped watching reality shows years ago..........must be nice to make serious money while you party.

Yeah, what?

I thought all the cast of Jersey Shore was just doing a lot of cocaine and drinking all the time. Amphetamines would make sense as well though.

There's something like 32 remote cameras throughout the house and there's usually a few active camera crews. The only place there aren't any cameras is in the bathroom, so it's possible they could have been doing drugs while at the shore house, but it'd have to be extremely low key.

They also don't have cell phones while in the house. They have one house phone which is hooked up to a sound recorder. When they go out and are followed by the camera crew they are usually wearing a mic, so for them to do any kind of drug deal and then use it would be quite a bit of work.

Outside of when they're filming, I could definitely see them using other drugs aside from alcohol. There's been a couple brief instances where it seems like they're alluding to either JWoww or Ronnie smoking weed, but I don't think they ever did that while filming.

I think they probably keep it real on the set, with the crew helping them keep the drug use low key for insurance reasons - acting like they don't know, because their boss's bosses informally let them know its okay. Also, medical privacy is sacrosanct in American law, so its more likely that Situation could have had a legit prescription to a variety of pills through badass MTV medical coverage, and whenever he has to leave to "go get a refill" the camera has to just let him do his thing or else.

On one of these runs, it would be easy to buy a burner phone and get connected with a bunch of people through his fame. If someone can sneak smack into jail, then an actor can sneak a cell phone onto a set (and use it in the bathroom to send brief texts).

I quantify that as a lot of work. I didn't say it wasn't possible, just that it'd be a hassle.

It didn't seem to me that anyone other than snookie and her friend dina and her guest appearance friends had a 'problem' with alcohol. Well I saw Ronnie get smashed a few times but can't remember seeing mike or vinnie or paulie or jenny being drunk, maybe vinnie 1 or 2 times but that's it. I figured aside from snookie and her pals the rest were social drinkers, more or less.

Mike does pain killers. You can see his eyes while he's partying etc. And yeah it would be easy for them to bring stuff and score and do it in the bathroom.