• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos The single dose of aprazolam (xanax) you find the most recreational

What's the single recreational dose of alprazolam you enjoy the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LivingOnValium

Bluelighter
So how much is it? My own favorite is 3mg. It get's me knocked on my ass but i still manage to be functional, have fun cunversations, not being a dick. I actually just had 3mg ksalol (aprazolam and was inspired to do my first ever poll in bluelight!!!
nce
When doing daily stuff like work, hanging with my friends they can notice of me if i even have taken 1mg. That´sfunny because people not close to me could never find out the difference between intoxited me (of 1mg alp, not 3mg)and sober me.

So htere you go ----> take part in the poll and/or share your stories with the rest pf ys.

2 mg. recreational for being all chill but doing the daily stuff without too much sedation . So a good dose to still enjoy but not do anything I would regret. Remembered the whole experience.

3 mg when I was not sleeping well.

Luckily i could only indulge when my friends script came in ( she kept half and sold me half ) so it didn't get too out of hand. Script was for 60 2 mg so i only used 30 mgs per month. Never tried to score any more off the net because I knew where it would lead. Opies and benzos were my DOC.

I don’t know how you can even stay conscious on 2mg, I’ll take 2-3mg before getting on a plane and I’m out before we get in the air, works great for that but even if I force myself to stay awake, which is really hard, I don’t feel high at all just tired and maybe slowed down a bit ? What is the high like for those who use it recreationally ?

^ I hear you if I take anymore than 1 mg of alprazolam or 1.5 mgs of etizolam I am out cold. If I sit on a couch I am out. Not sure how people do such large doses. I know tolerance can rise quickly. But other than sleep or a very stressful day at work benzo's are not recreational for me. I can't even really tell them apart. Maybe alprazolam from diazepam due to the length diazepam lasts but they all seem the same to me. Only feel effective if I have massive anxiety which is not often. If I take then without anxiety I just get a mild sleepy effect.

But I like them around and have used the sparingly for years.

Benzo's also deaden just about any other drug effect I may be on too. Music sounds toned down too except the first half hour they hit. So going out on them in public doesn't do much for me. Although I was at two funerals this past Summer and took some. Not even sure I felt it although I had no anxiety. Funny how I can take a milligram of alprazolam or 1 1/2 of etizolam and sometimes not feel much other times knock me out, same batch. Although sleep is always good and that is how I know they worked.

Last edited:
yea but 1 beer and your drunk

that's how you do it

ya gotta go to a dive bar with a bunch of friends - it's the greatest time ever and everybodys your friend

:buddies:

Thx for taking part to my poll this far.

3 x 3mg doses (IR XANAX) is what does it to me. 3mm morning, 3mgmidday, 3mg early evening and ai almost always have brilliant day. Only 1mg differency can make me day trash. Don't get wrong i cope with 7 or 8mg but 9mg is where it's at for me

I do not find benzodiazepines recreational as drugs per se, despite my using them PRN since 2001, having instantly developed a psychological dependence following my first ever use of the drugs. Having developed serious neurotic pathologies from my obsession with drugs and electronic club music during the 90's, which by the end of the decade saw me using cannabis daily, a behaviour that did not help a head already delicate from Ecstasy and speed use most weekends. When my head finally blowed up at the end of the 2001 Summer, a mad couple of months that started going downhill from the 2nd week in Aug with my breaking up with my partner of 3 years (the end of my first serious relationship living with a girl), which was followed 2 weeks later by my colleague and I finding out, while pilled up, that our very close friend (another colleague of ours) had gone to work that day and had a massive heart attack leading to a cardiac arrest, killing him within minutes.

Alone in my folks rural house on my own for the first time in years after they had gone to Italy on holiday, the final straw (as I tried to bucket bong my way back to sanity) was fucking 9/11, which I do not mind admitting felt like the end of the world, even to a Brit. I thought WW3 had started, with me, in my early 20's, believing I would get drafted!

After a particularly messy sesh in my old flat with my ex GF, us making friends quite quickly due to the death of our friend, I was told by another friend, a young gay lad with similar anxiety issues, that his problems were over thanks to his older boyfriend, who had a repeat Rx for nitrazepam. 'Take 2 of these (10mg)' he said. 'They are perfect for pill and stimulant hangovers as they take all the discomfort away' which they did, the rest being history.

Aside from the profound sensation of a BZD taking effect while in a high anxiety state or panic attack, I do not consider their effects otherwise 'recreational'. Temazepam is possibly the closest I feel BZD's get to generating an actual high but they are so weak relative to most other drugs of this type (being only half as strong as diazepam, I would need at least 40mg to get me going). Midazolam is pretty mad as well, but while I find alprazolam hard hitting I only use them occasionally, preferring long acting drugs such as diazepam or clonazepam. But that is all they do for me really, they pack a good punch but nothing 'recreational' beyond the anxiolytic value. My perfect dose is 2mg, the = of a proper 'Xanax' bar and strong enough to give me the lick without inducing sleep.

It would all depend on circumstance for myself.
I would always start at .25 and add .25 each hour to hour and a half til I got where I needed to be. Sometimes I would be doing great on 8mg at a super high stress busy (body and mind) but would dose according to the situation.
I just hate stress as it keeps me from breathing properly and it will throw me off and cause some serious fuck ups if too stressed.
BTW: I would never advise to dose up to 8 mg alprazolam as I did have a high tolerance from daily abuse and my body/mind works well on this substance in high stress scenarios. We are all different chemically (although basically the same) so what may work for me may be the downfall of another in a same situational setting.

When 9/11 hit I was ready and eager to go kill some terrorist fucks….how naive I was….

Sorry to go OT but once I got my initial paranoia under control I was the same initially, understanding if not explicitly supporting, the pursuit of the terrorist cells into Afghanistan. However, when it quickly became clear that the US admin had less interest in catching OBL than installing a friendly Government in Kabul with whom they could build a pipeline for Caspian Gas it was astounding how quickly the bullshit started to pile up, culminating in the real goal (Iraq).

So how much is it? My own favorite is 3mg. It get's me knocked on my ass but i still manage to be functional, have fun cunversations, not being a dick. I actually just had 3mg ksalol (aprazolam and was inspired to do my first ever poll in bluelight!!!
nce
When doing daily stuff like work, hanging with my friends they can notice of me if i even have taken 1mg. That´sfunny because people not close to me could never find out the difference between intoxited me (of 1mg alp, not 3mg)and sober me.

So htere you go ----> take part in the poll and/or share your stories with the rest pf ys.
The only two experiences I had with xanax were bad. I think I took 5mg each time, possibly more, don't remember because it's been so long. I was prescribed .25mg pills which I never used, so I had about four months worth that I decided to use recreationally one day. I don't remember a single thing about the first time, but apparently I was a total fucking dick to everyone I encountered. Ruined a couple friendships that way. The second time I did xanax I blacked out and ended up almost dying in a car accident (I wasn't driving, I had a sober driver). I have bits and pieces of memories from that but nothing substantial. When I got out of the hospital I went and sold every last xanax I had left.

Now I only use benzos (and not xanax, I'll never touch that specific one again) to sleep when I've been doing meth or coke.

Not on the poll list, but I usually take 0.75mg (3 x 0.25mg). That’s my sweet spot.

Wish they made a 0.75mg of Xanax.

Personally, I don’t find Xanax recreational at all but it’s great for my panic attacks.

Last edited:
I haven't experimented with this, but the ones I've had were 2mg extended release. I chew up one, wait a bit then break one more in half and take.
Usually I have just a beer a bet later.
I'm more experienced with clonazepam which I've been prescribed for several years. My sweet spot there is usually 3mg.
Valium was nearly non exist to me me with varying doses, except higher onse. That just knocked me out.
I've checked equivalent charts but they didn't match anywhere close to my experiences.

2mg is my sweet spot with no tolerance. will eventually go to sleep but will feel sooooo free of stress/worry for a couple hours.