Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television The Simpsons

The Chili Cookoff is hands down my favorite episode.

It's in my top 5 for sure :)

BTW; I'm 22; started watching when I was 5. I'm all about classical Simpsons and I'm definitely not middle aged. As for the young-uns right now (5-16); I'm not sure what their view is on classic Simpsons.

My brother-in-law has tried to watch some good ones with his my 5 year old daughter but he thinks she's still too young to get it. I have to say though I didn't "get it" when I was that young; I just watched it; I seemed to like it without understanding it like I do now.

t0q63l.gif

Last edited:
simplsonsMJKL.jpg

marc jacobs and karl lagerfeld with their simpson paintings. dunno how or why they were painted... hehe @ homer

Sorry, but a couch gag, even a controversial one, isn't enough to "spark some life back into [the show]" imo.

fine, i overstated.

twas a thoroughly impressive couch gag though.

it's the 3rd best couch gag (if that) considering the 'evolution' one was better, as well as the one that zooms out to show galaxies turning into atoms and eventually Homer's head.

imo

it's the 3rd best couch gag (if that) considering the 'evolution' one was better, as well as the one that zooms out to show galaxies turning into atoms and eventually Homer's head.

imo

hah Max Power(s).

Now there's a real Simpsons fan.
That was a great episode too.

i'm 19 and i love the show. i'm not sure if it's no longer a good show, but i know this; the format has changed. i mean come on the show's been on for 20 years; think about how much the world has changed since then. the show's progress is a reflection of this. the simpsons is iconic because it reflects society so well. so much more so than the majority of TV programs.

i still laugh really hard at newer episodes. ok, they're not as good as the classic simpsons, but they're still very good.

and for the record FUCK SETH MCFARLANE. that piece of shit has 3 TV shows on fox which are all horrible and intellectually vapid.

I have no logical explaination for it but since i've been watching the Simpsons since birth I just tear up at certain scenes, in the simpsons movie I let loose during the motorcycle/dome scene, I fucking cried!

no fooling!

and for the record FUCK SETH MCFARLANE. that piece of shit has 3 TV shows on fox which are all horrible and intellectually vapid.

You're describing a cartoon as "intellectually vapid". MacFarlane never claimed it (Family Guy, or any of his shows) to be deep and meaningful. In fact, he pretty much always says the opposite when confronted with that sort of criticism - "Lighten up people. It's a cartoon. It's supposed to be stupid."

He's got 3 shows on Fox because there's no that much solid competition and he's a talented voice actor/ veteran children's cartoon script-writer (Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Laboratory, Cow and Chicken, etc) who has moved onto the adult market. Just because he's popular doesn't mean he has to cater to what you consider to be ''worthy'' in terms of intellectualism.

I like his stupid brand of humour. The Simpsons is no longer clever. South Park is now absolute garbage. American Dad is probably the most consistent cartoon these days, IMO.

I liked family guy for first 3 seasons when they were on, then hated it for a bit for the reasons mentioned in the "cartoon wars" episode of south park but can now appreciate them for what they are. If you're looking for a decent story, character development or anything like that you're in the wrong place but some of the non-sequiturs and ridiculous situations are good for a giggle. The art is horrible and the character design is extremely poor, every time a celebrity is involved they have to spell out who it is beforehand as the character design is too poor to tell who they are without this. I love the story that mike judge sent matt and trey a bunch of flowers after south parks cartoon wars episode :D. although south park has definitely diminished in quality over the past couple of seasons there is still the odd gem IMO and I wouldn't miss an episode. after peak simpsons my fave animated show in the same vein by a long shot is king of the hill. it manages to poke fun without being cruel and it's possible to empathise with characters very different to myself. South park and futurama are not far behind.

Out of McFarlanes 3 American dad is by far the most consistent, actual story lines 8o and occasionally very funny. Something about the cleveland show does not sit well with me, a bunch of well-to-do white guys writing a sitcom centred around black culture which they have seriously no idea about, again it's extremely shallow but can be good for a giggle if taken as what it is.

I am not sure if Simpsons series 2-10 (a pretty long good run) will be beaten for a long time.

Longest tv show ever?

I remember when the Simpsons was just a side show on the Tracy Ulman show. Then Fox canceled her show, and kept the Simpsons. That was like 22 years ago!

I loved the Simpsons for the first like 14 seasons, then it got repetitious, and I stopped watching it.

I just seemed to stop watching religiously around season 11 or 12.
But I just have one question, did they ever give Moe any satisfaction in life at all after that?

I always felt sorry for Moe lol :[

i watched one of the episodes this season. it was about chalmers having to teach bart. it was pretty good too i gotta say. some stupid jokes and stupid references to current events but overall decent. was more like futurama than the simpsons but i love futurama.

it seemed like it really went to shit seasons 13 to 19 or 20 and then they made the movie and stepped the show up a bit. its not the first 9 seasons but what do you want? its been around for fuckin ever

I've been watching more Simpsons that usual as I don't have cable; and it's great to relax to.

Episodes I'm just watched that really got to me (again); The death of Bleeding Gums Murphy, and when Bart sells his soul. It's the one I just finished. After his fruit-less all-night quest to get his soul back, where he breaks down by his bed.. I actually cried. I'm still teary thinking about it. So well done.

Also the 'Who shot Mr. Burns?' two-part was great. My favorite scenes are Moe's lie detector test, and when Chief Wiggum tips over the paddy wagon reaching for the drive-thru. Lou: "Drop the food chief!" :D

I remember seeing "Who Shot Mr Burns?" everywhere when that episode came out. America's Most Wanted did a little promo bit, there were billboards everywhere, everybody at school was talking about it etc. I was probably seven or eight when it came out, but I remember it so clearly.