Site Feedback The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later. - Mega/Merged

^ lol.

we know this is frustrating so thanks to those of you who have refrained from posting insulting messages about the issue :)

i spoke with the bl engineer this morning and, over the last few days, we did not see any uncharacteristic traffic patterns but the load was higher than normal due, presumably, to the holidays. so, on top of the ongoing "server is too busy..." issue, the session table was filling up faster than vbulletin could handle, causing the db errors we were seeing. it was cleared out manually a few times with an eye on the server load but, as there was no unusual traffic to be blocked, that's all we could do to address it.

aside, the "server is too busy..." message means too high a cpu load. we could, if we wanted to, turn off the throttle that causes that error to be displayed, but then we run the risk of the server locking up and needing a restart by the host (which may take more time and cause more of a headache. generally).

traffic seems to have returned to 'normal' levels so the db issue and the "server is too busy..." messages (which are basically different symptoms of the same problem, should reduce.

the long-term solution to the problem is to migrate the board to a new box and that work is ongoing. we expect it to be completed by the end of this month.

alasdair

^ lol.

we know this is frustrating so thanks to those of you who have refrained from posting insulting messages about the issue :)

i spoke with the bl engineer this morning and, over the last few days, we did not see any uncharacteristic traffic patterns but the load was higher than normal due, presumably, to the holidays. so, on top of the ongoing "server is too busy..." issue, the session table was filling up faster than vbulletin could handle, causing the db errors we were seeing. it was cleared out manually a few times with an eye on the server load but, as there was no unusual traffic to be blocked, that's all we could do to address it.

aside, the "server is too busy..." message means too high a cpu load. we could, if we wanted to, turn off the throttle that causes that error to be displayed, but then we run the risk of the server locking up and needing a restart by the host (which may take more time and cause more of a headache. generally).

traffic seems to have returned to 'normal' levels so the db issue and the "server is too busy..." messages (which are basically different symptoms of the same problem, should reduce.

the long-term solution to the problem is to migrate the board to a new box and that work is ongoing. we expect it to be completed by the end of this month.

alasdair

Thanks for shedding light on the problem like that - I'd often wondered what sort of strange voodoo is involved in such matters, this is an interesting insight into a dark and mysterious world :)

Had absolutely no problems in the last few days and have been on BL constantly - avoiding writing my thesis :eek:

The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

Bump for server load info.

we were the target of a dos attack. it's in hand and should be better already.

alasdair

I'm having a few issues with logging in at the moment - too slow DNS , not responding - if I get the message again I'll screen shot it but it has been happening for the last couple of hours

oICVr2a.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah, I had this issue for about 20 minutes earlier today though all seems good now..

Well going on the third day of this problem I figured I'd post.I'm getting either Server busy,bla,bla,bla,Web page not found or 408 requested timeout.Other sites working fine, just getting this from BL at all hours. Anybody else ???

http 4xx errors tend to be client errors. try logging out of bluelight, clearing your local browser cache and bluelight-related cookies, resetting your modem and/or router and logging back in to bluelight.

alasdair

http 4xx errors tend to be client errors. try logging out of bluelight, clearing your local browser cache and bluelight-related cookies, resetting your modem and/or router and logging back in to bluelight.

alasdair

Thank you,I will.