• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

The Search for the Perfect Daily Drug - Valerian Root

gordonliddy

Bluelighter
Many people who use drugs hope to find a "daily" drug - a drug that is safe for them to use daily and produces something of a high.

Nominations for this sometimes include things like wine, caffeine and marijuana.

This post is to mention one of my favorites, as @emkee_reinvented has alluded to in another post Valerian Root tea. It is a good tea with anti-anxiety potential.

The drawbacks are that it's not quite safe for long term daily use as it can agitate the liver. Also, it tastes funny.

On the other hand, it's cheap and it has quite a kick. It's tough to OD on herbal tea!

yeh but it is basically a benzo, and ive seen reports of similar type of wd syndrome.
--- i would point you to muscimol and kava, these are the only two i have found that i can take with regularity and do not produce negative outcomes for me.

Well actually my votes would be MJ, Khat, Kratom. And as replacement for the calming sedative of commercially available inactive Valerian: Passiflora Incarnata, Lemon Balm and/ or Magnolia Bark extract ( worth to try) aiming for GABA-a.

And Guarana and white or yellow Thea for Caffein. From a standpoint of his morning Coffee addict.

Why Valerian compromisus the Liver?

it hits the benzodiazepene receptors and works as an allosteric modulator, so from my understanding valerian is as close to a natural benzo as you are gonna get.
I love muscimol because it is an actual gaba-a agonist. there are not a lot of them out there. agonists work differently than allosteric modulators and are MUCH SAFER. i have used the eff out of muscimol and had fantastic times with 0 withdrawal, in fact, it greatly improved my functioning post benzo withdrawal. goes great with kava. kava and muscimol is the only way i can get my gaba-a jollies without worrying about a visit from the dreaded Dr. DT

Nothing is basically a benzo. Benzos are way more detailed and more comfortable.
Never tried valerian.
Kavas nice

Well, that's a bit of a goofy thing to say. "Valerian Root is not like these drugs! Also I've never tried it."

Seconding kava (for daily use though, be careful that you have a good source since some shitty sources have apparently damaged the livers of heavy users) and cannabis. I want to second alcohol because it really is so strong even day after day, but it's so bad for you. Yes, even wine. Whatever's good in wine does not make up for the alcohol's harms. I hate when people talk about how healthy wine is for you. Just eat some fucking grapes and stop coping about how you want to get drunk.

I haven't tried Valerian root tea. I've had random Valerian pills before and my cats go absolutely insane over the very strong smell. Makes me wonder if there's any relation to catnip plants. Maybe I should just grow that too... I'll have the smelliest legal plants on my balcony (my catnip plants literally smell like weed to me when they're sprouting or if I rip them) and we can all just enjoy ourselves if I can actually get anything out of Valerian.

Last edited:
kava and muscimol is the only way i can get my gaba-a jollies without worrying about a visit from the dreaded Dr. DT
Unfortunately I ve been messing around a little too much with Clonazepam ( 0,5- 1 mg max, but almost everyday since January, shame on me) hence I ld like to find a " safer" alternative and Kava alone is not cutting it. I ve never heard of muscitol before , just googled the thing and...are we talking Amanita Muscaria ? If so, are you talking about microdosing?

I have Valerian root here and tried it the other day. It did nothing. Probably I didn't prepare it the right way (I just poured boiled water over it). Then I read you have to boil the root pieces for 15 or so minutes and then let yhe whole thing rest for some more time. Haven't tried that yet.
Kava I tried once a very long time ago, it was nice. I was thinking to get some, I guess the extract is the best?
All the other herbs do absolutely nothing to me other than tasting good (some of them). My ex drank a lot when he found himself without his benzo supplier.

Unfortunately I ve been messing around a little too much with Clonazepam ( 0,5- 1 mg max, but almost everyday since January, shame on me) hence I ld like to find a " safer" alternative and Kava alone is not cutting it. I ve never heard of muscitol before , just googled the thing and...are we talking Amanita Muscaria ? If so, are you talking about microdosing?
.5 - 1mg is what I've been taking for two years as a minimum dose almost daily. My script says 1mg per day, but at some times I go up to 3-4mg per day. Now that my stash is down to exactly what it should be from doctor's side, I'm quite interested in finding a replacement that doesn't involve new prescriptions.

.5 - 1mg is what I've been taking for two years as a minimum dose almost daily. My script says 1mg per day, but at some times I go up to 3-4mg per day. Now that my stash is down to exactly what it should be from doctor's side, I'm quite interested in finding a replacement that doesn't involve new prescriptions.
Do u think that after 4 months of almost daily use I m likely to have them horrendous benzo w-d ? Man I ve always been scared of benzos, I still remember a friend of mine back home having seizures and shit, I ´ve always used them for serious stuff like hardcore opioid w-d or coke comedowns . But since January me and the wife have been snorting blow almost daily hence .....

Do u think that after 4 months of almost daily use I m likely to have them horrendous benzo w-d ? Man I ve always been scared of benzos, I still remember a friend of mine back home having seizures and shit, I ´ve always used them for serious stuff like hardcore opioid w-d or coke comedowns . But since January me and the wife have been snorting blow almost daily hence .....
I know that I can't go for more than 24 hours without at least 0.5mg. And that's only if I had been taking the prescribed dose for a few days. When I binge on clona, it's mostly for 3-4 days and then I manage to get back to 1mg almost at once (with that mg leaving me level, not necessarily in super good mood, but not feeling like withdrawing). Back when I was taking clona in a more responsible way, I never did for more than 4-5 days in a row when I really needed it, and never more than 1mg.
I've seen people having WD symptoms from benzos, but they always managed to get themselves what they needed before it got too bad. From what you write, I think your main problem might be cocaine, and clona just a way to deal with the comedown. So maybe if you manage your cocaine use the clona problem will resolve by itself? It shuldn't be too hard to come down from your low doses, especially if you take it to counteract something and not because of the drug itself (which is my case)

From what you write, I think your main problem might be cocaine
How dare you! who do you think you are to tell me the truth ? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Seriously man, me and the lady managed to stay clean for like a couple of weeks, so it s doable...i dunno how s the situation in Chile but here in Brazil blow is fucking everywhere, available 24 hours 7-7, a Whatsapp and they are here in at most 20 mins , usually less , it s insane :eek::eek::eek::eek:

We got a lot of Colombians in the past ten or so years, and a lot of Venezuelans, too. So I guess cocaine should be available for those who know the right people. Availability makes quitting harder, I'm sure. But you can't blame not being able to on just that. Like what do alcoholics and worse, those with food addictions, do? Or cigarette smokers?
But I get if you don't want to give up cocaine (I wouldn't want to quit benzos, not if I could replace them with something like opioids, maybe). So if not quitting is not a thing, then it's learning to manage how much and how often and look for ways to handle the comedowns that don't involve the benzos you do want to give up.

Which I just realized is this thread about o_O

I am indeed talking about amanita, and I mean I macro dose it

Or cigarette smokers?
that s the worst addiction of mine actually. Seriously I ve managed to take long breaks from opioids ( my real true love), from blow, but when it comes to cigarettes ffs....
But you can't blame not being able to on just that
Again with this annoying truth telling, you re getting on my nerves! :ROFLMAO: Actually it s the dark side of having a passionate nature,if I m interested in a subject-invested in a project- in love with someone I m all in, it helped me a lot career wise and relationship wise, but when it comes to substances....

no not at all. im talking about takin purified muscimol, and the effect is not trippy whatsoever. it's gabaergic. maybe at very high doses it gets a lil weird. but its mainly relaxing/opening.

Will try to cut it down, then. Don't want to risk you losing your humor because of walked-on nerves 🤪
No worries, I ve Jesus in my hearth, access also to opis that counter act the unwanted effects of blow, I m alive and well at 41 against all odds and I have a woman I love and o job I like, so I m an all around well humored person and no drugs can take that away from me. But as I don t wanna be the happiest guy in the morgue, some changes are definitely in order !

no not at all. im talking about takin purified muscimol, and the effect is not trippy whatsoever. it's gabaergic. maybe at very high doses it gets a lil weird. but its mainly relaxing/opening.
I m intrigued. Here I can get amanita muscaria, what s the recommended quantity to have the gabaergic effects without going all Syd Barret ?