View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The results of daily LSD consumption

R.M. Shackelford

Bluelighter
Out of curiosity, what would likely happen to a person who took a moderate-to-high dose (say, 2-6 hits of decent stuff) on a daily basis for, say, a few months, or years? Would a tolerance develop?

I have met a few such people. They are pretty much what one would call burnt. They have moved into that different head space permantly. 10 hits of acid to someone who has been on it for a long time still has effects just not near what they once where.

-Altrez

Yes my mates dad did that for a long time, can't remember exactly how long, back in the day. He doesn't seem too mental but hes a heavy drinking alcoholic and a recovering/relapsing heroin addict.

well with LSD you get a tolerance pretty quickly, when I tripp two day on a row, the trip on the second day is already much weaker.

they'd become VERY edgy, and most definately have some very fucked up sleeping patterns.

Aside from the astronomical hole in their wallet, after a while you wouldnt feel anything. I mean youd have to hit mad doses to even feel a little strange. But if you trip one day chances are you wont be able to trip as well the next day... if you did that for a week, good luck. By the end of the week youd need to be taking 20+ tabs to even feel anything Id imagine.

I wonder how the Grateful Dead managed to trip pretty much every day for extended periods of time.

Perhaps they had an infinite supply of LSD via Owlsey.

Hmm. Interesting.

I have heard that Ozzy and the drummer of his band took lsd everyday for like 2 years. This was from a professor, not just some rumor, and Im pretty sure there are references for this. Look at Ozzy as the example for this. Cant be too good for you.

^yeah i read that somewhere too. if u wanna look and act like ozzy, go for it. otherwise i would steer clear. (although im sure it wasnt just the lsd that fucked ozzy up)

In the 60's and 70's people would eat alot of acid because it was so easy to get and cost barely anything so taking massive doses wasnt a problem.
But really i think the way you are affected by this all depends on the individual. Not all of us would end up like ozzy but some of us might. I know people who took acid almost daily for a while (not two years but a few months) and they seem normal (what ever the hell that means) to me.

Off-topic, on the subject of acid, how do large doses compare to moderate doses? I get mild (but vivid) visuals of patterns and bleeding sort of things on surfaces. If I take, say, 15 hits instead of 4 or 5, will things get crazier, or just last longer?

both.

Concerning visuals, on my highest dose of LSD the visuals were sometimes hullicinations not just the real world morphing and swirling. Me and my friend (who took the same dose) both saw paramedics come into my room because earlier in the night he had called 911 thinking i was dying. In reality no paramedics came and we found out that we had a shared hallucination only weeks after the trip.
Also things would be 3d to a ridiculous extent. At one point we had the tv on and when the character in the movie blew out smoke it looked and smelled as if the smoke had come out of the tv and into my room.
The morphing and swirling also becomes greatly intesified to the point where even if you blink your eyes a couple times to clear your vision up everything will still be bleading, melting and changing colors.

High dose LSD is no joke, it stops being recreational and becomes a serious spiritual ass whooping as you take the doses higher.
Remember to treat LSD with respect.

peace,
cat

A person that posts on another forum I used to frequent would have one-month+ binges of daily LSD usage. I think his rule was to take the previous dose + 5 hits every time he started coming down. He's permanently fried now, but still articulate and intelligent. From what he said he has permanent visuals, some cloudiness, and poor motor skills.

BrokedownPalace said:
I wonder how the Grateful Dead managed to trip pretty much every day for extended periods of time.

Perhaps they had an infinite supply of LSD via Owlsey.

initially before acid was illegalized it was sold thru the backs of magazines. All you had to do was order it and there you had it, a sheet of acid. I know the grateful dead did this.

My friend binged on LSD everyday for about a week back in highschool. At the end of the week he popped two tabs and nothing, popped another and nothing, popped another and well nothing. Tolerence is a bitch.

Jewfolife16 said:
initially before acid was illegalized it was sold thru the backs of magazines. All you had to do was order it and there you had it, a sheet of acid. I know the grateful dead did this.

umm, i dpont know how true that whole "back of the magazine thing is. Doesnt sound very likely to me.

And the grateful dead lived with owsley so they didnt need to order their LSD.

Cat Again said:
umm, i dpont know how true that whole "back of the magazine thing is. Doesnt sound very likely to me.

And the grateful dead lived with owsley so they didnt need to order their LSD.

gimme a bit ill try and find a source.