• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The Recipe Thread (EADD Version)

Can someone hook me up with a tasty but relatively quick and easy stuffed pepper recipe?

tribal girl said:
Dahl Soup (one of my favourites)

INGREDIENTS:

Knob of butter (enough to fry onions and garlic)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 onion, chopped
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp ground cumin
Large can of chopped tomatoes
175 g/6 oz/1 cup red lentils
2 tsp lemon juice
600 ml/1 pint/2 1/2 cups vegetable stock
1 can of cocnut milk
Salt and pepper

NOTE: I'm usually quite liberal with the spices and always end up adding more chilli and garam masala.

1. Melt butter in large saucepan and fry onion for 2-3 mins then add the garlic and the spices and cook for a further 30 seconds.

2. Stir in the tomatoes, red lentils, lemon juice, vegetable stock and coconut milk and bring to the boil.

3. Reduce the heat and simmer for 25-30 mins until the lentils are tender and cooked. Then add salt and pepper and serve with bread.

I'm going to attempt to turn this into an actual curry and not a soup. Probably won't have time till Friday but I'll let you know how it goes. %)

EDIT: I made a Dahl curry tonight, not the biggest fan of coconut so I just put a little of the milk in. Was even still a bit too cocunutty for me but it was decent.

Cheers for the recipe. :)

RE-EDIT: My mate and his bird just came in, they are now munching on my Dahl. His birds favourite meal is Dahl and she's told me it tastes amazing abour 5 times now. Good recipe tribal girl, good work. :D

Last edited:
B9 said:
Warm it lightly leave in a germ laden area & improve your resistance natures way spade .

My missus eats "improperly (dangerously according to the authorities:D )

(I'm like you I'm as big scaredy (domestic) cat as well)

She's physically healthy as a wild cat - & as unpredictable

My stoumach is well dodgy today....coincodence? 8)

Am i the only person who posts here these days? :p

Any good / different recipes for Stuffed Peppers?

Steak with cream and red wine sauce.

Ingredients:
Steak
Pepper corns
Butter
Clove of garlic
Double cream
Red wine

1. Get some steak and grind up some black pepper on to the steak
  2. Leave the steak out on a plate - you don't have too, but the best steak is cooked at room temperature - not cold out of the fridge.
  3. Heat up a heavy duty frying pan until its hot, put in a lump of butter and a crushed up clove of garlic.
  4. Don't let the butter burn, and take the garlic out before it burns - will go bitter.
  5. Add the steak(s) to the pan (which should be very hot with a nice garlic butter 'sauce' for the steaks to cook in) and you'll hear the sizzling steak.
  6. Wait 3 minutes and then turn the steak over (this is for a rare steak [and the best type of steak]) and cook on the other side for 2 minutes 45 seconds. (Please note this is for a decent thick steak, that you get from butchers, not those thin frying steaks)
  7. Take the steak out and put it onto a plate.
  8. Turn the heat off and pour a load of wine into the frying pan to de-glaze it, stir this round to get all the meat juices mixed in.
  9. Slowly add in the cream while constantly stirring. Keep adding to your preference of thickness and taste.
  10. Pour over your steak.
  11. Enjoy!

Karaboudjan said:
Rustler's burgers

Open the packet, put it in the microwave for 70 seconds and then eat.

I followed this recipe just now and it worked. Magic!

Tastes like gash tho, it's just no real food. 45% beef! 8o

Cant be fucked too cook something tho.

Yeah the coconut ruined it a bit for me, would have been perfect without it I thought. I overpowered it with a tomato taste tho by adding a shit load of tomato puree.

Is tomato puree full of salt and shit or good for you?

It's just mashed up tomatoes, plenty good for you!
Lycopene stops you getting prostate cancer, which can only be a good thing! <3

The_Idler said:
dont put coconut in dahl! (please)

it aint supposed to be sweet =]

But it tastes good. Cooking is all about experimenting IMO, not what's 'supposed' to be right.

I don't rate the coconut taste tbh.

If I'd put the whole tin of coconut milk in I wouldn't have been able to eat the Daal. Glad I only put a spoonful in. :)

I'm not a huge fan of it. Not criticising your recipe at all btw, it went down a treat with mate and his missus. They loved it.

Right, want to make a stuffed pepper. Have some mince, gravy n veg I've already made and stored in the freeze. Can I just heat that up, boil some rice, stick it in the hollowed out pepper and chuck it in the oven?

Or what?

I wouldn't put the rice in the pepper after boiling it, just put the meat in the pepper and shove that in the oven then add rice afterwards.
Edit: not what you want though as you got the mince already made...

Yeah but in theory you want the minced meat to impart some flavour to the pepper so heat it up in the pepper after a bit.
The rice would dry out I'd have thought, I'm not Jamie Twatto Oliver though.

Advertisment ( personal care section)

My name is spade please please I need a maid ;)