Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The real danger of psychedelics

awesome31311

Bluelighter
People tend to think they got an "improved music taste"

Nah bro, your music taste became really shitty, because you started listening to tracks just for the noise. Hence the 1 hour EDM sessions.

I agree that most edm is rubbish.

But there is def some true magical producers out there.
Im really in to darkpsy/forest and other psychedelic trance.
Although even in that genre most is crap.

I dunno man I think music is completely su jective to your emotional state and current intentions in a way. When I'm high I listen to red velvet underground, when I'm sober I listen to rock and pump up music. Maybe that's because I'm sedated and cant ha dle intense music when high? Who knows, but I dont think edm is trash. nothings better then listening to atb-xtc while on MDMA.

I'm not really sure psychedelics changed my taste in music, but definitely changed the way I listen to music.

I liked EDM way more before I got into psychedelics. I like to listen to any music I like on psychedelics, all they do is increase my appreciation and ability to notice every little detail that I normally wouldn't, and they increase the ability for the musaic to take me on an inward journey. EDM/psytrance actually is annoying and distracting on psychedelics moreso than when sober. One of my favorite things to listen to is classical piano performances on psychedelics.

EDM is just a shitty term.

Lots of amazing electronic music is available, and some tunes just happen to be danceable. When people talk about EDM most just assume you're talking about Steve Aoki, Avicii and all those crap.

I like a little bit of "electronic" type music every once in a while. Mostly the super fast non stop shit I do not like at all. I like Feint. Laura Brehm sings on a lot of stuff I like.

Woodju. His "Something Here" I listened to on MXE so many times. I put it on now and I am halfway in a hole still.

Well I never liked the Dead until I tried acid, so I'd say it greatly improved my music taste. But that's just my opinion, man.

EDM/psytrance actually is annoying and distracting on psychedelics moreso than when sober. One of my favorite things to listen to is classical piano performances on psychedelics.
This.

There is some great electronic music out there. Some mind blowing shit.

And you'd hear none of it at your run of the mill Electronic Music Fest.

I agree with OP's sentiment if we're talking MDMA for instance. You accept everything, love anything, and that includes music ordinarily trash to your sober ears.

This is different for substances with a psychedelic component, where appreciation isn't this automatic. There's a cumulative learning effect, which allows evolution so rapid that it becomes alienating for people not in tune with the mind state it builds on. In the same way many people just don't get Daoist art, and can't appreciate a Sesshu until they grock Eastern philosophy. But for starting to listen to the space accentuated by sound in minimalist electronic music, a single ketamine experience can be enough, for instance.

Another way to describe the synesthesia is that there are more brain parts involved. You listen with the mental function that usually sees, as well. Of course this makes whole genres inaccessible to teetotalers or other default mode network adherents.

nothings better then listening to atb-xtc while on MDMA.

one of the most fun high moments of my life was when he dropped that at a festival. i was off my face on 2cb running around highfiving strangers. Timeless tune. this was like 10 years ago. He always used to play "what about us" as his last song and ultra every year and everyone would just go insane for that song because its so fast

I've seen him more recently and his sets now are a lot of the EDM trash. he's playing for the commercial crowd now. IF he would just play more of his own tracks during sets i would go see him again.

to my knowledge he hasn't put out any new tunes that were that good in a while. has he?

"could you believe"
"xtc"
"wrong medication"
"never give up"

my favorte atb tunes

Is it that common for peoples music taste to change from using psychedelics? My taste in music hasn't really changed at all.

one of the most fun high moments of my life was when he dropped that at a festival. i was off my face on 2cb running around highfiving strangers. Timeless tune. this was like 10 years ago. He always used to play "what about us" as his last song and ultra every year and everyone would just go insane for that song because its so fast

I've seen him more recently and his sets now are a lot of the EDM trash. he's playing for the commercial crowd now. IF he would just play more of his own tracks during sets i would go see him again.

to my knowledge he hasn't put out any new tunes that were that good in a while. has he?

"could you believe"
"xtc"
"wrong medication"
"never give up"

my favorte atb tunes

That's really funny because 9-10 years ago was the last time I rolled.. oh man I had a stash of 40x of these amazing Red colored buddha imprint pills. they were tested and had 120mg MDMA, caffeine, little bit of speed.. I bought all 40 at once after trying 1 during my first MDMA experience. When I ran out of those pills I stopped rolling and haven't since then. They were the only pressed pulls I've ever tried but every roll was predictable and amazing.. and totally I agree his old music makes me so nostalgic. I graduated in 2009 and that was all I listened to at the time, that and the BBC radio one sets that you could download online for free (or through limewire) Haha such good memories.

I like to get nostalgic on DXM and listen to my favorite uplifting trance and progressive house songs from 2012. So much euphoria. Some of the most euphoric experiences of my life lol. When the drop comes I'm just eyes and mouth open how good it is haha.

Here's something insane if you like synth sounds and ambient: Hong Kong Express
So mind bending. Takes you places completely. Colors changing, going forward, seeing city landscapes, just mind fuckery.

Is it that common for peoples music taste to change from using psychedelics? My taste in music hasn't really changed at all.

Same... I can imagine though, if you'd never tripped and you were one of those people that's like "I only like ______ genre", you might end up discovering new music for the first time, and have your musical world blasted open. For me, I grew up in music and I've always liked all kinds of music. LSD/psychedelics have only deepened my appreciation for what I already liked.

And what about heavy fucking metal?