• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

The Raver Manifesto

Hmmm. actually there is more to it then liking the music liking the people or liking the drugs.
Maybe to you that is a rave but to most true ravers it is deeper than that. But i could be wrong. Im pretty dumb. but not so ignorant as to say fuck plur. (t-dance)
--cat

I think Faithless said it best in 'God is a DJ'
"This is my church, this is where I heal my heart."
It's pretty simple to me, while others go to church, mosque, or whatever, I go to raves to give my spirits a lift. It's a religion in the true sense of the word. (Now I sound like a preacher quoting from the 'Rave Bible')
I agree with DJSeth, we are the world changers. We are successful (not necessarily rich) as a result of our positivity and in turn will pass that on to our loved ones and thatis what reallychanges the world for the better.
Get a job? -----> How about working on new drugs for malaria at 23?
It won't die because it is so right. Great stuff Wiretrippa!
[ 31 January 2002: Message edited by: nads ]

Everyone who reads this,
Experiment time! Tomorrow, try and make 5 positive statements about someone or something. Proceed to count how many positive statements you receive. Repeat daily. It's really not as hard as it sounds...

I try not to post offtopic comments, but I just cannot resist myself - messaih you are a knobhead... and you sound like a pretty young knobhead at that... before you spout of so much bollocks remember that the people you are addressing may know a lot more than you, and maybe you could learn something from them if you stopped thinking you had all the answers... :)

Nobody knows everything. Everyone knows a little about something. I know something. To learn more you need to go to other people. Messiah knows more then chaos cat about things and chaos cat knows more then messiah about other stuff. Were are all pretty much equally stupid. So lets not argue k?

cheeno im australian.
and meowing cat, to me a rave is a place i can meet up with friends, listen to music i enjoy, escape from the complications of day to day responsibilities and commitments, sometimes take some drugs, relax, and meet new people.
i would never say fuck plur, cos i think peace love unity and respect should be qualities presented everyday by everybody - drugs and raves or not.
but i just dont think raves go this 'deep'. i think its undeniable that the magical aura of the scene is fuelled by drugs. not that theres a problem with that cos i dont go to raves in an attempt to make lifetime friends or do something seriously. i go to let loose, to muck around, and to get fucked up.

I think most folks that have developed the "fuck PLUR" attitude object to the sloganification and commercialization of the ideal... not to the concepts of peace, love, unity and respect.
I don;t carry it that far, but you have to admit the slogan is often used to justify some very questionable actions....
A very wise friend of mine came up with his own alternate acronym:
Friendship
Unity
Caring and
Kindness
Wearing a FUCK bracelet is more fun than wearing a PLUR bracelet anyway.... :D

Everybody knows everything already it's just a matter of remembering it all................and as far as the manifesto goes..........I've never seen it before.........I liked it........thank you for posting it.... :)

meloncholic:
but i just dont think raves go this 'deep'. i think its undeniable that the magical aura of the scene is fuelled by drugs. not that theres a problem with that cos i dont go to raves in an attempt to make lifetime friends or do something seriously. i go to let loose, to muck around, and to get fucked up.
Well its pretty obvious why you see the scene this way.... "and to get fucked up"....
You will never really see/feel the scene until you have developed a true heart for it....without synthetic boosts.
The scene for ME does go very deep. It's like a natural tribalistic kind of attitude and sense of being comes through me....its the dance, the tribal rhythm based music, and the energy that emits from large masses of people all exerting themselves in dance....it's magic.
And it is very spiritual for me....
Drugs are NOT needed for this happening....its just that some people seem to NEED drugs in order to take their minds away from reality and into a new state of freedom and openess in mind....
Dance, and music combined is my drug.
[ 01 February 2002: Message edited by: DJSethNichols ]

Why did you cut out:
'hardcore will never die, just multiply'
.. cause it sounded stoopid?? :)

everyone needs to feel as if they belong to something, ravers in this case want to feel as if they belong to a certain scene, thats why, I think, they take this stuff so deep. fair enough, if thats what u want to do. I can't really seem to decipher what an actual 'raver' is. is it the clothes they were, the way they speak? I go to these so called 'raves' where house music is dominant, house music is the most dominant airwaves for ecstasy in NZ.but anyway I go to these places every now and then to feel that ecstasy high and have a blast. thats about it, so does that make me a raver? can someone please elaborate on this. by the way, I just want to add, here in NZ we party harder and faster than anyone of u people out there. we have the greatest gatherings and parties, where the greatest shit goes on, people always turn a blind eye cos we are so small in the big picture, but the place that top DJ's eg. Ian Pooley. etc. choose to play is in NZ. thought I'd add that in.

I thought the DnB scene was quite huge in NZ? Down in ChCh anyways. Not always synonymous with ecstasy either. And hey, don't diss out the rest of the world's rave scene when you probably haven't tasted it for yourself yet. I've only been ripped off by a club dealer once, and he was a fellow kiwi. Open your mind bro, we've a lot to learn.
Respect.

Wickid:
Some may do it to feel like they 'belong'
Some may do it so that they can have their chance to 'lead.'
I think what makes a 'raver' is the mentality of it. There comes a time when a 'raver' reaches a mindset of brand new ideals and feelings about life and society....and at a rave these ideals are dominant, while in the 'real' world they are NOT. So a rave will feel more like a comfort zone for this person, than the real world does. It's the acceptance and open mindedness, and I believe the true raver mentality is that of hoping, reaching, dreaming, driving for worldwide bliss.
I feel great, and I want you to also.
What raves will create for our future....dunno for sure, but I have a lot of beautiful ideas.

ok, now I know what u mean. I think I fall into a bit of many different groups like ravers and things, except for stupid dumbshit groups like 'brothers in the hood' aka 'negro'z on death row' and generally the stupid wanker ones.