• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

The Philosophy and Spirituality Media Thread

yup.
also please do a search next time. We have already discussed this very video (well, maybe that was in CEP. If so, my apologies.)

Do you believe that the is Bible falsified? The Church manipulates thats for sure

Ok after watching zeitgeist I had to watch the counter argument but it seems that this video disagrees with Catholicism also watch the video and let me know what you think. This truly tests your faith:

http://www.thelifestream.info/enlightenment/counter.htm

I have no Idea where my head is I am going to watch that other video thats mentioned and I'll be back.

About the video:
This is the argument against zeitgeist yet still showing how the church has changed parts of the bible it doesn't dispute Christianity or that Jesus is the sun of god rather that the bible is Bull****

I think a lot of religious books are changed/'reworded' to suit the reader/group/church but there's also the issue of translation from the original Hebrew/Greek/Aramaic in terms of the biblical texts which often leads to several options in translations: the 'Son of God' passage being a good example.

The fact is that man uses things for his own selfish nature, we'll at least someone has after the bible religion was used very strongly to control people- THIS IS PROVEN, then with the creation of Catholicism the Vatican took large control and even until today the Pope has a very strong political place, we go to war continuously for religion unjustly again and again.

The easiest way I can explain it to anyone who does not believe man will change things to suit themselves and probably the biggest slip up by one of these 'Illuminati' was Henry VIII who created the church of England so he can divorce!!! Wait a minute he has just edited a whole religion so he can go off with a different women, Why did nobody stand up to that.
I put Illuminati in ""quotes"" because anyone who uses this word usually will be overlooked in society as one of those nutters thats seen to many sci-fi movies or something.

I have a lot of problems with Zeitgeist because I think it is mostly conspiratorial nonsense. I had high hopes for watching this video you posted. But it seems like it just argues against Zeitgiest's conspiratorial nonsense with more conspiratorial nonsense.

I have a lot of problems with Zeitgeist because I think it is mostly conspiratorial nonsense. I had high hopes for watching this video you posted. But it seems like it just argues against Zeitgiest's conspiratorial nonsense with more conspiratorial nonsense.

Agreed. Not much evidence in this. Both as are bad as each other :\

I believe that over time the Bible has been translated to send the message of the church at the time, in order to control and placate the masses.

why did you not place this discussion in either the video thread or a prior discussion on Xianity?

Ah well; I will.

ebola

May I ask why you call this conspiratorial nonsense, now many of the issues in the video post that are raised ARE VERY TRUE, look at the evidence of what has happened due to religion and how much control that it has, I am trying to show to you that somewhere someone has manipulated these Ideas to get control, CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT at least. I hope that you can, there is evidence infront of you right now suggesting that the ideas of christ are not lies in fact Cornelius states Jesus a MAN stands before me. But that someone got hold of this information and edited it to put them selves in control like pharaohs and Kings.

We see it happen every day.

The bible is what it is, a 1900 year old text that was revised, rehashed and re-translated to tell the story of a 2000 year old figure. Who probably didn't exist at all, but certianly didn't exist in the way it is written in the new testament (magical powers).

The bible is what it is, a 1900 year old text that was revised, rehashed and re-translated to tell the story of a 2000 year old figure. Who probably didn't exist at all, but certianly didn't exist in the way it is written in the new testament (magical powers).

Actually there is roman factual evidence to prove that Jesus as we call him did exist and was brought before 3 Roman courts.

Transcendent Man Film Trailer

Transcendent Man introduces the life and ideas of Ray Kurzweil, the renowned futurist who journeys the world offering his vision of a future in which we will merge with our machines, can live forever, and are billions of times more intelligent...all within the next thirty years.

Release Date:
27 March 2009 (USA)

Man vs. God

The article includes two contrasting perspectives (Karen Armstrong and Richard Dawkins) on the question, "Where does evolution leave God?" Dawkin's seems, as usual, to be missing the point. While this is likely old news to anyone in the P&S forum, it's still encouraging to see intelligent arguments for spirituality making their way to the mainstream media.

I recommend the movie "What Dreams May Come". It's about the afterlife. The cinematography is amazing and it tells a good story. Robin Williams and Cuba Gooding Jr are in it. It follows Robin Williams through some bad times in his life and into the afterlife.

Can we talk 2012 again?

Some how there is a concentration of time as we close to Dec 2012...somehow related to a sun cycle...?
I am just rambling...but rambling a little more than last year....and sure next year will bring more....to me it ( concentration) seems more evident in the winter....

More ice melting, more polar shift, more more...
When we find the truth...will we know it...or be a part of it and be unseen..

To be safe...maybe I should just tell myself its SAD.....

Is God All in Your Head? by Craig Hamilton

This article sums up my deeply troubled feelings regarding modern philosophy of mind, consciousness studies, and neuroscience (as currently practiced) better and more eloquently than I ever could. I agree with this author on pretty much every point he makes, and relate entirely to his misgivings. Reading it was like meeting up with an old friend after a long period of loneliness. Like him, I'm a seeker of truth, but not to the point of being willing to abandon my seeking after meaning in life and spiritual fulfillment.

It's a very long read, and perhaps not quite up to date (first published in the middle of the last decade). But I can only hope that his viewpoint has become more widespread, influential, and acknowledged since then. Call me what you will, but I know I can't live in a world where 'I' am nothing more than my brain circuitry, which is a fleeting one-time accident of a purposeless universe. And frankly, I just cannot fathom how anyone else can be comfortable with this.

And frankly, on a very practical level, I see philosophy of mind and consciousness studies never reaching their full potential in terms of their transformative effects on human society, so long as they continue, actively or not, to alienate potential contributors who don't subscribe to metaphysical naturalism.

Anyone here is a member of Evolver or Reality Sandwich?

Hello, people. I don't know if this is the best place to post this, but what do you think about Reality Sandwich and Evolver? I love that community and think they have a great project and great articles. (I'm AizenMyoo in those communities, btw.)

If you haven't checked them out, go and take a look at the articles in RS: www.realitysandwich.com.

I really like the fact that Pinchbeck is trying to create somehting of a higher intellectual level. He should have support from other people working closer to the 'mainstream(s)' of sciences and philosophy.