• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Permanent Effects of Psychedelics

I'm pretty certain I disagree with the photographic memory thing. The study of only rats seems pretty finite. Moreover, after 100 acid trips Istill sometimes get pictures in my mind that are very vivid. If you can dream at night then you have visual memory.

Last edited:
The important thing to understand about photographic memory is that apart from being a very rare gift, it usually disappears around adolescence anyway. Whether you consider the study valid or not, loss of photographic memory isn't any real calamity.

I've used LSD alone around 175 times. Not to mention all the other psychedelic drugs I've used.

I don't ever recall having the ability to pull up exact images of things I've seen until about two years ago. Sometimes when I read now I don't even assorb the information but I can pull it back up and see a picture of the page I read and reread it from that visual image in my head. Not to mention I'm 24 going on 25 now.

Now you can definantly study a lot of different things using rats as subjects and get a good idea of how humans would be affected. However, I think it would be extremely difficult to study photographic memory on rats, let alone know if the rat has photographic memory at all. Moreso, I don't see how you could apply it to humans.

I've done Mushrooms a few times, the first time it changed me. I had an underlying illness called Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and it made me start doing things obsessively at the same time everyday. It sucked. I never saw a doctor about this but I imagine that the Mushrooms triggered it. Oh well.

Mushrooms have also made me lack a lot of motivation in school, relationships. I see through the "lies", as I like to call it. Perhaps Im just a crazy but Mushrooms have definately changed me, I notice it and it sucks.

My advice: DON'T TRY MUSHROOMS DON'T TRY ACID.

Your brain is all right as it is.

^^ they change some of us for the worse, but others for the better.
not trying them is of course the safest way to act, but you might also be loosing something.

that's too bad that your experiences with mushrooms haven't been all that good. or at least the aftereffects are not enjoyable.

they say that mushrooms and other mind-altering psychedlics can bring out a lot of underlying psychological conditions such as schizophrenia. too bad it seems to have done that for you, but OCD is definitely a very treatable condition, WITHOUT pharmaceuticals.

I agree, zacamo, obsessive compulsive disorder isn't impossible to beat without medication, but it is a pretty fucked up disorder to have.

^
I know someone who has MS and can't even remember his conversations from yesterday (he's 24 years old).

There are people a lot worse off than yourself; count yourself lucky.

I think certain truisms that can be learnt and applied through psychedelics should be integrated over time before indulging in the psychedelic space again. Make sure you have an established ideology before playing around with psychedelics.

Psychedelics can help you explore your mind and the world around you. But when you return, make sure you have something to believe in.

I believe in living life to its fullest, to not only doing what others think is right, but what I think it right. I believe that we are all connected. That there is much more to the way we see the world. I believe that life is game, and the attachment is real but silly. :)

These ideas may change, but thats the thing I believe is most important.

I believe that Everything changes and there is never any reality upon which you can rely on being the ultimate true reality.

So to live life to its fullest I am going bungee jumping this summer. :)

This was a bomb thread. I have thought about all of those things at the top. I will admit I probably had a couple of those things happen to me, but i have been clear headed for a good couple months now. I found out sometimes you just need a break to get you back to being somewhat normal again. Life is a game.

I came across so many posts to which i could fully relate regarding philosophies/theories behind psychedelics. Thank you all for sharing.

However...

For those suffering with everlasting effects, I don't understand how you can let your own problems result in the 'reality' of the drug for everyone else (oxymoron intended ;) ) . This is societies problem: people subliminally infecting everyone with their own thoughts resulting in discreet interconnected thought control among every human being. Don't get me wrong, i am by no means basing this from my own experiences, but rather im trying theorize that NOTHING has an answer. Neutrality is KEY towards everything in life. Simply put, Just be.
:)

dimmo said:
^
I know someone who has MS and can't even remember his conversations from yesterday (he's 24 years old).

There are people a lot worse off than yourself; count yourself lucky.

No need to be rude, just because I don't agree with the use of psychadelic drugs. It's a matter of opinion, I'll accept yours, and please accept mine.

I'm not "lucky"; I'm alive, lucky, no. What is "lucky"? Sorry to hear about your friend with MS, obviously it affects you if you're going to use his illness as an excuse to critcize mine.

Sorry if I came across a bit harsh, but I was just trying to state my philosophy rather than insult you personally. Like i said in the previous post, i am by no means taking a stance on either side of the fence. I hope you can understand.

^^ it wasn't intended fo you. :)

great thread btw, the information satamas gave was very interesting !!

If you can dream at night then you have visual memory.

phosphene_glow, what is this theory based upon? does this make sense? no. i have had a period (a very long period actually, about the time i started smoking pot, wich must explain this, have no further explanation for it) in wich i didn't have or didn't recall any dreams, still, my visual memory was perfectly fine.

hills said:
Sorry if I came across a bit harsh, but I was just trying to state my philosophy rather than insult you personally. Like i said in the previous post, i am by no means taking a stance on either side of the fence. I hope you can understand.

Oh man, no worries I was a bit bitchy, all good, peace