• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

The Perfect Strain

Korana

Greenlighter
Alright experts, hit me.
I've goggled and google is a moron.

I need a strain which will help with chronic pain but also give me some energy. I know I'm likely looking for a good sativa but which... I am clueless.
I loved Kush. Getting it in N. Ireland was tough but damn... that was bag of awesome. However it knocked me into comas. Fantastic comas though.
I have no idea what I have now, my guy gave me an emergency freebie to help with codeine withdrawal, it doesn't help with pain and it isn't very sedating. It's kind of meh.

I know people who can source specific strains despite weed in N. Ireland being generally unpredictable and often home grown and unnamed.Also deebags are lacing it with fentanyl atm apparently (had no idea you could do that) and I have to be super careful.

What strains am I looking for guys?

To be honest unless your living in a place with legal weed, this is a pointless question... Even for someone like me with damn near unlimited variety, it can still be hard to find cannabis strains that tick the right boxes. Also the same strain can vary a lot from one grower to the next based on conditions.

Wish I had a better answer for you.. “The White” was a good one for me in terms of pain relief, while simultaneously motivating.. Great for working out.

-GC

Given how unpredictable the availability from dealers can be, you can buy any strong high THC weed and balance it out by vaping CBD e juice with a sub ohm device.
This way you can get to where you need to be in regards to THC:CBD ratio regardless to what Cannabis strain you can find on any given day.
If you don't like the idea of using a vaping device, you can buy pure CBD crystals and add them to your weed when you roll it or in the bong.

Something that is Sativa/CBD, preferably. Here is a non comprehensive list. https://greencamp.com/high-cbd-strains/

There should be something in there that csn help. Also, don't forget that you can do a bit of blending on your own (mix 1 g of 20% CBD weed with 1 g of say 15% THC sayiva - you end up with 2 g @ 10% CBD/7.5% THC).

Tom

You could try to making personal use amounts of iso/bubble hash or rosin at home. I usually have better luck with concentrates than flower for pain.

In my opinion CBD isn’t the component of some strains that gives it “motivating yet pain relieving effects” for me, having tried CBD in many forms and many ratios with THC both blended and whole cannabis, it seems to be primarily anti-anxiety with some slight bodily effects and too much can majorly negate the THC. A high CBD strain can sometimes tone down a good buzz.

I thought more about this and after looking into some of the strains that I’ve had success with, it seems you want to aim for cannabis with higher amounts of caryophyllene as well as some limonene and maybe pinene.

Just a note as well... Salvia nemorosa is a underrated not well known psychoactive plant which IMO is as close as you can get to cannabis without actually smoking cannabis. After doing my research (found compiled on DF) I found the two most likely potential psychoactives were b-caryophyllene and apigenin (sp? Been a min lol). S. Nemorosa gives a nice bodily high that eventually turns sedating (likely the apigenin, also found in Chamomile) it doesn’t quite get the same euphoria as cannabis but if your in a bind quidding some fresh leaves is nice to have around.

-GC