• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction The Pain Management Megathread (Chronic and Acute Pain Discussion) Version 5.0 ~ V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh, my post got erased. Let's try a short version first. My doc knows Im a long time methadone users for chronic, severe spine pain. He knows I take from two to four 40mg methadone pills a day. During a very bad flare up, I went to his office and asked of he could prescribe anything for break through pain. He suggested Nelbufrine, which I had never heard of. He did say its both an agonist and antagonist, so at worst, it might reduce the effectiveness of the methadone in my system. I figure, no prob, of that happens, I can simply take another meth pill later.

He injects ten mgs of nelbufrine, and hell commences within two minutes. For the next six hours I was rolling on his bsthroom floor, screaming at full lung capacity, in agonizing pain, body on fire, hallucinating terrifying thing, sweating profusely so I could wring out my clothes, begging for a hospital (he refused). I was punching walls with my fists and striking my head against the tile floor to rid myself of the pain and tremors. I was completely convinced I was going to die.

My doc claims it was my fault because I "don't wait twelve hours in between methadone pills.". Later, I did some research and earned that as it is both an agonist and antagonist, the nelbufrine acted to immediately stop my opiate receptors from receiving anything from the methadone already in my system, and thus put me in a withdrawal from hell.

It was one of the most terrible experiences of my life, and I feel he is not taking responsibility for his fuckup and is blaming me. Why in earth wood he give me an antagonist knowing I use a high dose of methadone and have done so for seven years?? Am I in the wrong here?

Sounds like you have one f*cked up doctor, why in the world would he give you that crap?

Also, next time you ask for a med, make sure you Google it & know what you're taking.

There are doctors out there that are irresponsible & don't care what happens to the patient.....& there are some that care.

Your doctor should have offered you oxycodone for BT pain since you're on 40 to 80mgs of methadone.

He sounds like mad scientist that just wanted to see how you would react in withdrawal......of course he'd gonna make excuses that its your fault.

Doctors NEVER want to admit they're wrong......

How on earth did he cut out soy? It's in everything!

not veggies, meat, fish, nuts, or fruit ;)

You have to basically abandon pretty much any non-specialty pre-packaged food. But once you get used to it and get a meal plan going it's not so bad.

Fibromyalgia at 22

I'm new to bluelight, this is my first post so sorry if I messed up and broke a rule but I tried not to.

BACKGROUND INFORMATION:

I'm 22 years old and was very recently told I most likely have fibromyalgia, which proceeded onto medications to manage my pain, and also tests to see if it could be anything else such as RA, or an autoimmune disease.

The medications helped for a couple weeks tops. My doctor had me on Cyclobenzaprine and Tramadol. Which I didn't really think would help as I had had both of them before for less severe pain and it didn't really even help then. I had asked for testing to see if I had RA about a month before I found my new doctor. I had gone in for a work related injury, and asked him if he thought my pain was abnormal and he said it was odd for someone my age to be in so much pain. He did some blood tests but everything came back normal. My new regular doctor ended up just using his results since they weren't very old results.

Then she asked me about my pain and I explained that it feels like I got ran over every morning when I would wake up. It got better throughout the day, and then mid to late evening the pain would come back, sometimes so bad I couldn't sleep. So she prescribed the before mentioned medications, and as I stated they worked for a few weeks but not very well. then she decided to up my dosages, by taking two tramadol and two cyclobenzaprine throughout the day as needed. Which again sort of made a dent but not much. She set me up with physical therapy and suggested eating better and being more active. Well I missed my physical therapy, I have a bad habit of getting lost. I tried eating better and it made my feel sick and gave me bad diarrhea. I tried to do some stretching but I'm a dog groomer, I'm literally moving around all day. Which might be why the pain gets better the less I'm in bed, but it's so damn near impossible to want to do anything physical after you've worked all day and hurt so much you just want it to stop.

Well the tests came back and my ESR and CRP were elevated a bit for someone with no new injuries or anything like that. Which, if you don't know those are inflammation markers. I emailed her and asked if that was enough to get me in and she said it was, but not to get my hopes up that they would have any better news or any other suggestions for my pain. So I waited a month, finding Hydrocodone anywhere i could, mostly from a couple friends who have arthritis and messed up necks. by the time my appointment came and I was so excited because I wanted answers, someone to realize how much pain I was really in. So much pain that I couldn't even get out of bed some days, and the fatigue was unbearable. Between the pain and the fatigue I was barely able to live my life. So i tried some hydrocodone i got from someone and i actually came into work smiling, my business partner even said "You seem very happy today!"

But then I saw the rheumatologist who asked me a series of questions, tested my grip and reflexes, and ended the appointment by saying we will redo the tests because until recently you didn't have elevated inflammation markers, which was sort of true. They weren't as high as when I had them tested so I could be referred. Which was fine and expected. What upset me was his diagnosis, chronic pain syndrome, which in my understanding is basically the same thing as fibro. Also his answer to my pain was going to the pain clinic, which will just be even more doctors appointments I don't want to deal with when I run my own business. Also he said he couldnt, and wouldn't prescribe me any narcotics and just to keep taking my medicine. I think I was most upset though, when I got the test results showing that my CRP and ESR were stI'll elevated, but I never got a call about the results so I guess whatever the inflammation is caused by is a mystery.

Since that appointment, and maybe a few weeks before that, also a couple of times in the past before I got any diagnosis, I found opiates and narcotics wherever I could to try and see if they worked. I tried fent patches, oxycodone, morphine, tizanidine, and every otc drug that fibro websites reccomended.

THE POINT OF THIS POST:

I see my regular doctor again on monday, and with the same information as I had before but still no relief. I would like any suggestions anyone might have.

I have tried lotions and pain cream made for fibromyalgia, essential oils, hot baths, and still I am in at least moderate pain everyday. It's made my life hell and I don't know if I want to even go on most days.

I have tried probably a couple more pain meds than I listed just above the last paragraph. But 5mg oxy twice or three times a day was the closest I've ever got to being completely pain free. The morphine sulfate 15mg pills worked the first two times I took them and since then my pain has gotten worse so when I tried them over the weekend they didn't even make a dent in my pain at all.

I've even tried snorting & smoking, the morphine as I was desperate, but neither did anything any better than just orally. I also extracted the Tylenol from a couple hydros one night, to see if it would make a difference, which it did slightly but not much. And lastly my real confession, I couldn't find any of the pain meds I wanted, since I only know so many people willing to sell them, as it is illegal and I wouldn't reccomend doing what I've done, but I took the only thing that could be found tonight. At 11 o clock tonight I smoked and plugged crystal meth. It helped for maybe 2 hours tops but still wasn't completely. I'm still a bit strung out and as I stated at the beginning of this horrendously long story, I am new to bluelight. But if you have any ideas of how to help me please, please respond soon or even if its something personal that you dont want to share with everyone, add me as a friend and we can discuss it via messenger or email. Which I will only give out if you have legitimate advice, and really want to help me. I don't regret trying these because sometimes they helped and since I couldn't get them at the doctor, I found other ways. And that led me to a pretty low point, which I'm at right now, in terms of pain. I don't currently regret trying the meth but I wasn't at all what I wanted in terms of pain relief. Anyone with fibromyalgia/CPS who has experience with narcotics and such this is mostly directed at you, because I think a lot of people don't understand the pain and the suffering, or don't even believe it's real. But what have you taken as far as medicine for fibro/CPS, for breakthrough pain and preferably something that I could take nightly as a preventive measure. Lyrica is one I have mentioned to my doctor once and she dismissed it because she didnt think that we should discuss it until I'd seen the rheumatologist. Any good words on anything to help me would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
^I've been through basically the exact same thing you just described and I am a bit floored that your doctor started you on narcotics before trying the Gabapentin, or a tricyclic antidepressant (which can help with pain a bit) or an SNRI like Cymbalta/Savella or a neuroleptic (the gabapentin OR Lyrica). Seriously, like... wtf

Anyway, I was on hydrocodone 10mg 5x/day, I was on ms contin 15mg for a while (I have fibro but also a screwed up spine with herniated discs and osteoarthritis and such). And yes, I'm an addict and yes, I abused my pain meds. I finally got in to see a doctor who's got me off all narcotics and after being off opiates for a couple weeks I can seriously attest to the fact that the narcotics were making my fibromyalgia pain/fatigue WORSE, and even my back pain worse, as I was abusing them.

But like your doctor said, the protocol is going to be different depending on what the rheumatologist says. Try not to take the hydros if the gabapentin helps (300mg, by the way, is a very very low dose for gabapentin as therapeutic doses range from 300-1200mg up to 4x/day). She's right about dependence/tolerance. It's good that you're active. Try to get enough sleep and just hang in there. <3

I've had many rounds of the injections for spine nerve pain. One thing that helped was doing Pilates and core specific exercises. You must have a good trainer because the wrong body position will only make it worse. It took me a good six months before I started noticing a reduction in pain, resulting from an overall strengthening of my core muscles. I quite literally cried the first four months of classes and had to double my pain killers to get through them. I was so weak and in so much pain I could barely do the moves. Have faith and patience. Do what you can do, even if it's for a nanosecond. Don't overdo it and hurt yourself more. Chronic spine pain forces sufferes to be inactive, and the weakening of those core and ab muscles make the pain far worse. Daily, gentle stretching or floating gently in a heated pool can help too, but you must be consistent. Good luck.

@mastermind93,

Opiates aren't a first line treatment for Fibro. As Wes posted-, a tricyclic antidepressant & Gabapentin or lyrica are the two currently approved treatments. (And you do need to give them time to work). Along with PT, diet, cognitive behavioural therapy...your doctor was on the right track.

Tapentadol is a newer med that has noradrenalin properties, as well as being a weak opiate. I would advise against asking for any group of drugs again as it will only leave a red flag on your file.

At work, could you use a swivel chair/ask your business partner to do the larger jobs? Pacing & mindfulness are two other subjects bound to crop up in the near future & may help you to manage your pain during the day.

I'm in a rush atm, I'll post if more comes to mind,

Rtp

I'm new to bluelight, this is my first post so sorry if I messed up and broke a rule but I tried not to.

BACKGROUND INFORMATION:

I'm 22 years old and was very recently told I most likely have fibromyalgia, which proceeded onto medications to manage my pain, and also tests to see if it could be anything else such as RA, or an autoimmune disease.

The medications helped for a couple weeks tops. My doctor had me on Cyclobenzaprine and Tramadol. Which I didn't really think would help as I had had both of them before for less severe pain and it didn't really even help then. I had asked for testing to see if I had RA about a month before I found my new doctor. I had gone in for a work related injury, and asked him if he thought my pain was abnormal and he said it was odd for someone my age to be in so much pain. He did some blood tests but everything came back normal. My new regular doctor ended up just using his results since they weren't very old results.

Then she asked me about my pain and I explained that it feels like I got ran over every morning when I would wake up. It got better throughout the day, and then mid to late evening the pain would come back, sometimes so bad I couldn't sleep. So she prescribed the before mentioned medications, and as I stated they worked for a few weeks but not very well. then she decided to up my dosages, by taking two tramadol and two cyclobenzaprine throughout the day as needed. Which again sort of made a dent but not much. She set me up with physical therapy and suggested eating better and being more active. Well I missed my physical therapy, I have a bad habit of getting lost. I tried eating better and it made my feel sick and gave me bad diarrhea. I tried to do some stretching but I'm a dog groomer, I'm literally moving around all day. Which might be why the pain gets better the less I'm in bed, but it's so damn near impossible to want to do anything physical after you've worked all day and hurt so much you just want it to stop.

Well the tests came back and my ESR and CRP were elevated a bit for someone with no new injuries or anything like that. Which, if you don't know those are inflammation markers. I emailed her and asked if that was enough to get me in and she said it was, but not to get my hopes up that they would have any better news or any other suggestions for my pain. So I waited a month, finding Hydrocodone anywhere i could, mostly from a couple friends who have arthritis and messed up necks. by the time my appointment came and I was so excited because I wanted answers, someone to realize how much pain I was really in. So much pain that I couldn't even get out of bed some days, and the fatigue was unbearable. Between the pain and the fatigue I was barely able to live my life. So i tried some hydrocodone i got from someone and i actually came into work smiling, my business partner even said "You seem very happy today!"

But then I saw the rheumatologist who asked me a series of questions, tested my grip and reflexes, and ended the appointment by saying we will redo the tests because until recently you didn't have elevated inflammation markers, which was sort of true. They weren't as high as when I had them tested so I could be referred. Which was fine and expected. What upset me was his diagnosis, chronic pain syndrome, which in my understanding is basically the same thing as fibro. Also his answer to my pain was going to the pain clinic, which will just be even more doctors appointments I don't want to deal with when I run my own business. Also he said he couldnt, and wouldn't prescribe me any narcotics and just to keep taking my medicine. I think I was most upset though, when I got the test results showing that my CRP and ESR were stI'll elevated, but I never got a call about the results so I guess whatever the inflammation is caused by is a mystery.

Since that appointment, and maybe a few weeks before that, also a couple of times in the past before I got any diagnosis, I found opiates and narcotics wherever I could to try and see if they worked. I tried fent patches, oxycodone, morphine, tizanidine, and every otc drug that fibro websites reccomended.

THE POINT OF THIS POST:

I see my regular doctor again on monday, and with the same information as I had before but still no relief. I would like any suggestions anyone might have.

I have tried lotions and pain cream made for fibromyalgia, essential oils, hot baths, and still I am in at least moderate pain everyday. It's made my life hell and I don't know if I want to even go on most days.

I have tried probably a couple more pain meds than I listed just above the last paragraph. But 5mg oxy twice or three times a day was the closest I've ever got to being completely pain free. The morphine sulfate 15mg pills worked the first two times I took them and since then my pain has gotten worse so when I tried them over the weekend they didn't even make a dent in my pain at all.

I've even tried snorting & smoking, the morphine as I was desperate, but neither did anything any better than just orally. I also extracted the Tylenol from a couple hydros one night, to see if it would make a difference, which it did slightly but not much. And lastly my real confession, I couldn't find any of the pain meds I wanted, since I only know so many people willing to sell them, as it is illegal and I wouldn't reccomend doing what I've done, but I took the only thing that could be found tonight. At 11 o clock tonight I smoked and plugged crystal meth. It helped for maybe 2 hours tops but still wasn't completely. I'm still a bit strung out and as I stated at the beginning of this horrendously long story, I am new to bluelight. But if you have any ideas of how to help me please, please respond soon or even if its something personal that you dont want to share with everyone, add me as a friend and we can discuss it via messenger or email. Which I will only give out if you have legitimate advice, and really want to help me. I don't regret trying these because sometimes they helped and since I couldn't get them at the doctor, I found other ways. And that led me to a pretty low point, which I'm at right now, in terms of pain. I don't currently regret trying the meth but I wasn't at all what I wanted in terms of pain relief. Anyone with fibromyalgia/CPS who has experience with narcotics and such this is mostly directed at you, because I think a lot of people don't understand the pain and the suffering, or don't even believe it's real. But what have you taken as far as medicine for fibro/CPS, for breakthrough pain and preferably something that I could take nightly as a preventive measure. Lyrica is one I have mentioned to my doctor once and she dismissed it because she didnt think that we should discuss it until I'd seen the rheumatologist. Any good words on anything to help me would be greatly appreciated.

The reason your doctor hasn't reached a firm conclusion following those raised inflammatory markers is that they contradict the fibro diagnosis. Fibromyalgia presents with widespread pain, tenderness and fatigue, but no inflammation.

It seems most people go through hell before hitting a final fibro diagnosis and treatment plan. For the record, I'm finding the pain management clinic stuff useful. Good luck.

^Thats a good point, & one I forgot to mention. Fibro is diagnosed by exclusion. Which is why ppl often go undiagnosed for years, because there is literally nothing to be found. Which is not the same as saying you're not in a great deal of pain.

I haven't heard of "Chronic Pain Syndrome", & I've no idea of your understanding of Fibro, so maybe I can't see why you're upset with the rheumatologist. He's double checking your blood work, & has offered you a referral to a pain clinic.

Fibromyalgia literally means widespread musculoskeletal pain. If your inflammatory markers remain raised then another cause will be found. Rather than speculating, a good chat with your doctor on Monday will undoubtably give you more info to work with. Best of luck,

Rtp

been waiting for years, now I really need help

hello, I've been looking at this site for years but never posted. I'm 35 years old and I've been on pain pills for over 10 years. For about 8 years after a car accident I was able to take pills at night just to get high, of course that was after the first year of taking them all the times for the actual pain. recently I was diagnosed with progressive multiple sclerosis. I had to leave work over it. My doctor will not give me anything stronger so I decided to go on suboxone. I was on that for about 3 days and I was so depressed that I wanted to kill myself.

I was then referred to a pain management doctor by a friend. He took me off of the suboxone and decided that since I am in chronic pain he would give me pain pills and monitor them carefully. So over the past three years or so I've been on strong meds. So my tolerance has been getting higher and higher. over the last year I have been running out of my meds about 2 weeks early. sometimes I'm able to stretch it and make it work for about 3 weeks. Inevitably every month there is 2 weeks where I am so depressed irritated etcetera that I am searching every square inch of my home to try and find a spare pill. I have stolen from family members medicine cabinets. I am ashamed to even say that out loud.

Nobody knows this is me. I think I am a normal 35 year old woman. the past week or so I have been so sad. I have to say that I think the oxycontin is making my depression so much worse. I have no joy anymore. I don't do things like I used to. I don't wake up in the morning and stretch and think about the day. All I think about is taking my first pill. And then I have some happiness for about an hour and then I'm sad again. so I am a drug addict. I'm pretty sure that all of that I just said is the definition of a drug addict. Something has to change. One path has rehab and detox etc and being away from my family, and a life of chronic pain from my MS. The other path has me down the same road I've been on. the only thing is maybe I can start giving my pills to my husband to give them to me everyday so I don't take too many. Of course then I'll be pretty depressed cuz I know I can't take them whenever I want. But maybe that's something I should try first?

So there it is. There's my question. Everybody's opinion will be greatly greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for reading.

MS is a tough condition. You can either take more opioids, give suboxone/methadone another shot with non opioid add-on meds, or look at alternative strategies like adding cannabis, physio, and exercise to your lifestyle.

Homeless -> Other Drugs (pain management megathread)

hello, I've been looking at this site for years but never posted. I'm 35 years old and I've been on pain pills for over 10 years. For about 8 years after a car accident I was able to take pills at night just to get high, of course that was after the first year of taking them all the times for the actual pain. recently I was diagnosed with progressive multiple sclerosis. I had to leave work over it. My doctor will not give me anything stronger so I decided to go on suboxone. I was on that for about 3 days and I was so depressed that I wanted to kill myself.

I was then referred to a pain management doctor by a friend. He took me off of the suboxone and decided that since I am in chronic pain he would give me pain pills and monitor them carefully. So over the past three years or so I've been on strong meds. So my tolerance has been getting higher and higher. over the last year I have been running out of my meds about 2 weeks early. sometimes I'm able to stretch it and make it work for about 3 weeks. Inevitably every month there is 2 weeks where I am so depressed irritated etcetera that I am searching every square inch of my home to try and find a spare pill. I have stolen from family members medicine cabinets. I am ashamed to even say that out loud.

Nobody knows this is me. I think I am a normal 35 year old woman. the past week or so I have been so sad. I have to say that I think the oxycontin is making my depression so much worse. I have no joy anymore. I don't do things like I used to. I don't wake up in the morning and stretch and think about the day. All I think about is taking my first pill. And then I have some happiness for about an hour and then I'm sad again. so I am a drug addict. I'm pretty sure that all of that I just said is the definition of a drug addict. Something has to change. One path has rehab and detox etc and being away from my family, and a life of chronic pain from my MS. The other path has me down the same road I've been on. the only thing is maybe I can start giving my pills to my husband to give them to me everyday so I don't take too many. Of course then I'll be pretty depressed cuz I know I can't take them whenever I want. But maybe that's something I should try first?

So there it is. There's my question. Everybody's opinion will be greatly greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for reading.

You can detox, clean up & suffer with chronic pain, & be depressed all day.......or keep going with the pain meds & add something with those meds to last longer.......weed or somas, muscle relaxants, etc.......

Seems like you will be miserable either road you take.

Addicts that take opiates to get high that font suffer from pain think if they can quit & detox, pain sufferring patients can do it too.......not the same, because they're not suffering with physical pain.

Its a double edged sword......you have to accept that you will probably need opiates for the rest of your life......just try to be more positive about life.

Why are you depressed/sad an hour after you dose? Are you taking extra pain meds to fight off depression? If so, you're going down the wrong road trying to fight depression & pain the same time.

Opiates are great for both, but very dangerous road trying to fight depression with opiates.

You should address why you feel depressed all the time.

Also, what are the pain meds you're on?

Omg, I could have written that post!! Check out some of my threads/posts. It's a continual cycle, like a rat on a wheel..

I've taken the last of my oxy today, & am prepared for a pretty miserable wk ahead. My opiates are staggered through the month, as I take a few different dosages so I never have to go two wks, but this time it'll be almost a wk. I've done that once before & thought - geez, I'm through the worst here, why get back on the wheel? Uh, because I absolutely need to!!

If I had a dollar for every minute I spend thinking about where to go from here...well, you'll get it. It's a bloody miserable place to be in, but there's no solution, no answer, no way out. For me, that is.

I absolutely can empathise with you about the depression that comes from long term, chronic oxy use. The dullness, flatness, that goes on as far as your eyes can see. Lack of motivation & loss of enjoyment of life.

I can't offer you advice, I myself have only recently accepted that I need psychological support again. I block a lot of my feelings, fake that all is good & well.

It's very different from the outside looking in, than the inside looking out.

Again, we're alike in that no one knows our situation. Bar your husband, & one friend of mine who is a reformed heroin addict,- so he has somewhat of an understanding.

Pm me if you'd like to chat,

Rtp

Anyone ever tried the new er hydrocodone? My pain Dr. suggested it because I take 6 10mg pills a day. The new stuff doesn't have apap in it so I guess it would work. Just wondering if it works or if it really lasts as long as its supposed to?

Anyone ever tried the new er hydrocodone? My pain Dr. suggested it because I take 6 10mg pills a day. The new stuff doesn't have apap in it so I guess it would work. Just wondering if it works or if it really lasts as long as its supposed to?

I don't know anyone that gets these......doctors must be reluctant in prescribing them.

They are really new.

I thought they've been out since 2013?

Ive read they don't want another oxycontin addiction prpblem like back in the day........so they're trying to keep it under wraps.

We all know there are people being prescribed a ton of norcos a month.....why haven't these people been switched to ZoHydro?

Just do a CWE on (10) 10/325 hydro's & you basically know what a 100mg ZoHydro would feel like.

I posted this here: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/755303-Need-help-with-severe-severe-muscle-and-nerve-pain!
But am not getting any replies, so will try here.

Hi! I just got out of the hospital after a sporting/outdoor activity injury that resulted in severe nerve and muscle damage/pain primarily in my left foot (but also my right leg and foot and left leg - but less severe). I was out of the country when it happened and have now flown back to the states for physical therapy and better medical treatment. My pain is near debilitating and I have quite a high pain tolerance. At times the only way I can deal with the pain is by crying and vocalizing it. My left foot and ankle is swollen and I cannot put pressure on it most of the time. I can still walk on my right foot and am using crutches, with some difficulty - due to the severe nerve (and what I also think is muscle) pain. I am also unable to sleep, due to the pain (and that every position I put my foot in is excruciatingly unbearable after about 5-10 minutes).

I am taking a variety of supplements - B complex, magnesium, turmeric, etc. I am also taking 40 mg of oxycontin twice a day (usually with aspirin or naproxen), in the morning and then 12 hours later. I do not want to raise the amount of opiates I am taking. However, the opiates are only making a dent in my pain. They take away about 40-50% of the pain for about 3-5 hours. Once a week I take a large dose of phenibut. For about 24-36 hours I experience no pain whatsoever and do not need the oxycontin. For about another 12 hours the pain is decreased significantly and I need about half the amount of oxy I would usually take. So, I have heard Gabapentin is great for nerve pain - maybe even better than the oxycontin. I have heard it works well in conjunction with oxy, as well. Where can one buy it? I see it at supplement and herb stores - is this different than the Gabapentin being sold with a prescription? If anyone knows of a website that is good for this sort of thing, can they PM me? Thanks. Can I take Gabapentin if I am taking Phenibut once a week, assuming I stop the Gabapentin before I take Phenibut? I know Baclofen is a GABA agonist -- would it possibly help with the pain? Is it a hard script to get? Any other recommendations?

All recommendations for nerve pain and muscle pain would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you! I am suffering, hard.

Gabapentin is a prescription medication, as is Lyrica, (pregabalin). Both are marketed for nerve pain & are not controlled substances, so most doctors will prescribe with no problem.

Hope this helps,

Rtp

Status
Not open for further replies.