• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction The Pain Management Megathread (Chronic and Acute Pain Discussion) Version 5.0 ~ V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please DO NOT under any circumstances IM pills. Ever with a micron filter you are simply asking for an abscess. Abscesses are at best incredibly painful to have cut open, drained and packed and at worst can lead to sepcis and possibly death. I speak from experience having had one _(wasn't from injecting pills....was from a contaminated anabolic steroid shot when I was co.petitive bodybuilding) and it was horrendous. Had to have emergency surgery to have it cut open and drained then packed and unpacked with gauze (which was the most painful experience of my life) every day for two weeks along with IV antibiotics 8 times a day for a week and oral antibiotics for the next month. Please don't do it.....if you must experiment with a different ROA... Look into plugging

K, so I'm ok with the pain mgt world in oz. Just so I'm clear..

1) be sure to talk about severely disabling pain.

2) use complimentary body language, (copying), and tell ur doctor of ur reduced quality of life.

Here they also use psychology to make sure ur not abusing. As someone else said " never admit to buying street drugs", you'll have two choices- bupe or methadone or perhaps even bye bye.

Hope that helps.

Rtp.

Please DO NOT under any circumstances IM pills. Ever with a micron filter you are simply asking for an abscess. Abscesses are at best incredibly painful to have cut open, drained and packed and at worst can lead to sepcis and possibly death. I speak from experience having had one _(wasn't from injecting pills....was from a contaminated anabolic steroid shot when I was co.petitive bodybuilding) and it was horrendous. Had to have emergency surgery to have it cut open and drained then packed and unpacked with gauze (which was the most painful experience of my life) every day for two weeks along with IV antibiotics 8 times a day for a week and oral antibiotics for the next month. Please don't do it.....if you must experiment with a different ROA... Look into plugging

Damnnn, definitely will not be IM'ing anything. Thanks a lot

^Rave,- I'm so sorry uv had such a difficult time. Do u live in the states by any chance?

Once upon a time I read a post on google re; chronic pain and "drug seekers", by Amptoon. I'll try to find a link.

Definitely not suggesting ur not in pain, but it gave a comical checklist of how to act, dress, etc for these white coated clowns to get the outcome u r wanting.

As a chronic pain patient for about ten yrs, I too have suffered from dr's who think they are doing the right thing by me by not handing out drugs of addiction,- but never to the state u have.

Great u have ur life back on track,- r just benzos helping u, or is there something else u have come across?

Take care,

Rtp.

Hey folks--newbie here. Former sports fiend, which led to 5 surgeries on right knee, with a bone spur on my left heel secondary to years of limping. (Surgery for that scheduled in December.) Also congenital back condition. I have a monthly px. for 60 5-325 Percocet, and a phone-in px. for Tramadol (50 mgs.) up to 200 mgs/day. I take the Perc at night, when I'm in the worst pain. My question: should I take the Tramadol with the Perc? Have done so on several occasions w/ no ill-effects, but I'm wondering if staggering them in some way would heighten the analgesic effect. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you're taking the percs at night when your in the most pain and that is dealing with it then save the trams for when your in pain during the day. It really all depends. Ideally you should take the Perce and trams exactly as directed split throughout the day at even intervals (together). That way the pain never builds up too high. Its a common misconception that you wait until you're in severe pain before taking anything....you are meant to take them throughout the day to prevent the pain from building up in the first place.

bk-2c-b cured my stiff back & chronic back pain caused by coeliac. Seemed to be very anti-inflammatory for me, it allowed me to stretch & exercise it, gave pain relief, flexibility & motivation. I've been gluten free for 4 months, but I still had lingering back pain & stiffness around my neck and shoulders. Anybody else tried psychedelics or stimulants for chronic pain? Mine was getting better anyway, it was just caused by eating gluten before I realised I'm coeliac & I'd been off gluten for 4 months, but the drugs really helped.

I doubt that there will be many who find stimulants or phychadelics very helpful for chronic pain unless your talking about rubbing cocaine into your sore joints as a local.....haha!!

Like you said yourself yours was getting better anyway when you stopped eating gluten..... I imagine any perceived effects the drugs had was psychosomatic or perhaps just being wasted took your mind off it a bit. Anyone who's suffering from long term severe chronic pain resulting from a pathological illness is unlikely to find benefit in this class of drugs.

Glad your feeling better now you'vemade the dietary changes though. Good on your. Hope your suffering is at an end now.

Hey Englandgz74--thank you for getting back to me. I appreciate it. I know I'm supposed to "get out in front of the pain," as I've been told after surgery, but if I take enough of anything to ease the pain, it also affects my mental state. As a therapist, that's really not a great idea. ("Hey, dude, chillax...Don't sweat it.") Actually, 2 percs (max px'd per day) don't have that much of an effect, but I'd feel ethically dubious seeing people when I have opiates in my system. The night dose also helps me sleep (I tend to wake up in pain when I turn over in the night; this helps abate it). My understanding is that Tramadol is a less potent opiate than Percocet; if that's true, I could take those during the day and see if they helped. Thanks again for you help.

That's correct tramadol is a lot weaker than oxycodone (the opioid ingredient in percocet). I think your best bet would probably be to save the percocet until bed time and use the tramadol during the day. The maximum dose of tramadol per day is 100mg (2 tabs) four times a day but to be sure your not drowsy then maybe try to manage on one tab three times a day then on your fourth (evening's dose) you could take 2 tramadols and then your two parts for bed.

I know all about not wanting to be drowsy for work as I'm an EMT and can only take the bare minimum during the day to keep me relatively pain free and save therest for the evening when iI'm finished (or the morning if its a night shift I've been on)

Thanks, Englandgz. I appreciate your time and info. I'm not chemist so sometimes I get a little lost in the discussion of what substance blocks what receptors and such. I miss the early days when 2 percs would have me drifting along on with a sense of well-being. Now 2 percs keep me from yelping in my sleep when I roll over. Sigh...

Hello. I have fybromyalgia. I was on Gabapentin for a while and was switched to Lyrica. I started on a low dose and worked my way up. I am now on the maximum 600mg a day. It no longer helps. Ive been on almost every non narcotic pain killers for fybromyalgia but none of them helped. Unfortunately this has been over years so no I can't list what I have been on as I do not remember. I'm just look for suggestions. My doctor doesn't even really know what to do. Does anyone out there suffer with the same disorder that may have some insight... PLEASE! I can't deal with this for a lot longer.

There are a few on here with fibro.....look up xtcgirl.....I know she has it...

Ok i have a question, my pm doctor prescribed me vicodin this month on the 5th, i wanted to switch back to my usual percocet script so i called monday and asked to be switched. My doctor had no problem with it so i went down and picked up my new percocet script. My question is , will the mom and pop pharmacy i always use fill the new percocet script? I have no insurance until my new company's plan kicks in so I have been paying cash.

As sekio said in your other post, It's all up to the pharmacy. Possible that the pharmacy could make you wait, who knows.

Help with Pain!

I'm a new member to Bluelight! Nice to meet all of you! I'm a 22 year old male, BIG into good ole Mary Jane (But now-a-days who isn't?).

Anyway, I am and have been a sufferer of chronic kidney stones I'm talking like 2 per DAY being created, despite diet changes and fluid intake regulation I have been unable to stop them from occurring. My doctors used to give me 10-325 Norco and it worked wonderfully. Problem is, I've been out of it for over a month and my pain is just NOT tolerable at all! I can barely walk, sleep or have the desire to eat because of the pain. I'm currently on .50 mg of Tramadol, but to me it feels like taking Tylenol, nor does it give me any recreational effects to take my mind off the pain.

What I need you guys to advise me on. Is a drug that's JUST as strong as Norco, but something the doctors will actually not be afraid of the FDA and medical board coming down on them. Kidney Stones are only comparable in pain to Pregnancy. Help me out!

I just started back on Amitriptyline for chronic daily migraine prophylaxis, I know for depression it will take 4-6 weeks to kick in, but how long do tricylics take to kick in for pain management? I'm on 25mg this week and 50mg thereon after.

I'm a new member to Bluelight! Nice to meet all of you! I'm a 22 year old male, BIG into good ole Mary Jane (But now-a-days who isn't?).

Anyway, I am and have been a sufferer of chronic kidney stones I'm talking like 2 per DAY being created, despite diet changes and fluid intake regulation I have been unable to stop them from occurring. My doctors used to give me 10-325 Norco and it worked wonderfully. Problem is, I've been out of it for over a month and my pain is just NOT tolerable at all! I can barely walk, sleep or have the desire to eat because of the pain. I'm currently on .50 mg of Tramadol, but to me it feels like taking Tylenol, nor does it give me any recreational effects to take my mind off the pain.

What I need you guys to advise me on. Is a drug that's JUST as strong as Norco, but something the doctors will actually not be afraid of the FDA and medical board coming down on them. Kidney Stones are only comparable in pain to Pregnancy. Help me out!

I can't really advise much on this because I'm from the UK and our method of pain management is very different to that of the US.

However, I too am a chronic kidney stoner so I feel your pain. Though, I'm quite fortunate because I respond very, very well to just 20mg Buscopan which will stop my kidneys/bladder from going into spasm - I've never taken a medication that has been so effective. I'd honestly taken Buscopan over Oxycodone/Fentanyl any day of the week, but I guess I may just be lucky.

Also, have you tried an α-blocker such as Tamsulosin? That always helps me when trying to pass stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.