• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc The Pain Management Mega Thread v. 7

:\ Yeah...smfh as always with the "cheezy" posts. Slow Mobius is right.

Theoretically speaking...Try shoving a serrated edge bread knife up your anus and vagina/penis and twist as though you are reaming a lemon.

Did you wince or cross your legs at the mere thought?

Add into that agony, bowels and bladder that can't function because they are bound together by adhesions. We won't talk about the hemorrhoids that feel as though I'm passing a bowling ball wrapped in barbed wire. It's only craisin size, but feels like it rips to my backbone. (2 surgeries for hems)

Sprinkle in constant menstrual cramps, even though I left my uterus/ovaries in the OR bio bags 22 years ago.

I won't bore you with the bone/joint issues or blood filled tumors on my spine. I can't take the pain meds prescribed because they shut down the little bowel function I have.

Altogether now...Let's breathe deeply and visualize ourselves in warm sunshine, with the peaceful trickling of a stream.

Hi all,

Sorry I've been absent. My fall down the stairs caused so much pain, I used more meds, they gave me more Oxycodone, but I also wanted to take a break and see what my pain was really like without ANY meds. Answer is: terrible. So...the terrible pain of falling down (knees STILL hurt) combined with a daughter who is going through some phase and arguing non stop and a husband who is bi-polar ADHD and taking a class that is too much for him plus regular work that is non-stop equals depression. Yup. So, back on meds, which help. They took an X-ray to see if my fall caused the lines to move in my stimulator (still waiting to hear). Have seen the therapist at med management. Trying to deal. Almost checked into a hotel. Just need a fucking break. Only 3 more weeks of school, so I'm trying to hang in there, but like you said, trying to get through everything with the mask of pain is hard.

:/
hope you guys are doing better than me...

I don't think it's as easy as you put it. I don't think one could learn to enjoy pain, that would require some kind of extreme brainwashing and I've got no idea how you could condition someone to enjoy pain. Perhaps one could somehow learn to block negative emotions produced by pain or learn to block pain perception, but the latter seems science-fiction to me. Positive emotions is what we desire, negative emotions is what we don't ever want and do everything we can to avoid them, so it's crazy at this moment to think you could use persuasion to make someone rethink something they strongly associate with feeling bad to a positive emotion, for a person who associates a certain thing with negative emotions for a long time there are a whole lot of triggers that bring it up or make it worse, so we're basically talking about brain rewiring, I guess. I doubt you could still be yourself after such a process.
I think you are over thinking if Spetnaz enjoy pain then yes obviously we all can learn to but that wasn't what i saying

^Its so much fun hearing from this "doctor" again...

I encourage you to post more of your idealism on chronic pain Cheezy,- you sound so down to earth & knowledgeable. Not at all like a fucked up ISIS fan.

Rtp ?

ISIS now where did that come from not all us Brits are ISIS you know seriously though i wish i could give you my true identity just to prove it in fact the urge is so great sometimes i have to have 1mg oxy, hot coco and a brisk walk everything you need for pain relief except for the oxy ofcourse oh their are such great advantages to my job

I think everyone should just report cheesy and otherwise ignore him. Im really tired of his blatant trolling and I'm really surprised that he hasn't been banned yet

ive made nothing but contributions to this site im just a direct person

^You go to great lengths to hide your true identity of course, purposely misusing 'their, there and they're'. You're an awful poster mate, I don't think you've managed to catch a single bee with your brand of honey yet. Might be time to change your tact Cheezy.

Can we PLEASE ignore any unhelpful people and just focus on us? How is everyone doing? I'm actually better these days. I wonder how much the weather has input; it's been beautiful here. Makes a difference. Plus, I think I'm finally back up to my regular med intake, which took longer than I thought it would. Hope you're all having a good start to the week.

Cheezy, and you are,
Do you suffer from chronic pain? If you do, please share how you were injured and your doctor's assessment.
If you don't, please leave.

If Cheezy, or any other bluelighter for that matter, posts anything inappropriate, abusive, offending etc. please use the report button :)

Hey anna, Rtp, skr, Dixi,__-just an update--I have finally got an appt at pain clinic..in a couple week's I will maybe get some real pain relief beside tramadol...woo hoo..how is everybody doing?? Has anybody heard from Closeau? I noticed he hasn't posted to this thread.....
Well stay painless peeps..
Kattmomma13

Closeau is good. I chat with him all the time we are homies so he's good. He has been helping me out too with the talking, I had a rough few months but he has too I think. I was literally spending weeks bedridden because of the pain and withdrawal. I hadn't had a dose increase for a couple years.

I want this thread but in real life! I totally think there should be like chronic pain support groups that are kinda like AA meetings but for just people to vent about their pain. But hey they'd probably be watched by the undercovers to make sure no pills are exchanged. lol.

I am doing great now, I got an increase on my oxy that I really needed. Everyone was understanding of it except the pharmacist, who questioned everything and put a hold on my faxed scripts. I am more relaxed and accepting of the pain in general now.

I already have my life back on track with the higher dose. Managing my pain really well. I'm happy, I can smile. I can ride my bike, cook myself meals, and apply for career jobs. I have a good doc who I trust. I get oxy's in a country that is completely stupid about the way they treat chronic pain people so I'm lucky for that because I need them like I need food and water. There are people like me out there with no treatment for sure, I really pushed to get help and it was years to get into a professional.

I'm just trying to cut back on the weed now. It's not too big a deal or anything but I'd like to cut back now that my pain is managed and I'm not as stressed.

Meanwhile, this is what the news says: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life...ain-more-likely-to-die-study/article30445218/

People taking long acting opioids are more like to die they say. Just what the fuck is the point of this? All they do is demonize pills in the media, there is no constructive anything. I had no idea this country was demonizing the drugs this bad. It's an article about the ineffectively of opioids in chronic pain management, or something about how they are associated in general with more death, but there is a picture of a seizure of fake old oxycontin. Like fentanyl or w-18 based pills, really gross stuff.

That's what the fuck they are associating with people who are in severe chronic pain and use these types of pills for relief. I was honestly offended by that bullshit, especially the picture of fake oxycontin pills when it's supposed to be a scientific article. It's one of those studies where the researchers are paid to deliberately seek out anything negative they can find about a drug. Like how they do with cannabis sometimes, but this is just insane. Fuck whoever writes garbage like that for a living.

Time is different for a lot of people in pain. I will take a shorter life over fucking suffering more. And potentially, I will accomplish more in this shorter life.

I personally feel like so far my pain management has been a rough ride, but overall success story compared to how I was before. You never hear the shit in the news. They never mention the poor 20-something who got hurt in a sports injury, and was suicidal but happy now and even working a job on pain meds. They never bother to mention that some people get amazing relief from these pills, when nothing else works, and usually if something goes wrong, it is the fault of the patient abusing the meds. They don't mention that the only real side effect, even with heavy use, apart from the dependency is constipation. Apart from like a couple others, maybe hormone imbalance. Generally they are very physically safe even long term and on my current doses of oxy, I mean I'd feel comfortable taking my entire daily dose all at once as IR and I would be nowhere near OD. I've never overdosed or even vomited (or even been nauseated) over years of use. Never have I felt that my life was in danger. I get worse cognitive side effects from smoking weed (which are like nil).

It's just really frustrating to me, because I know people read the Globe and Mail around here it's reputable. They have so many articles on opioids, all negative and designed to generate hysteria. It totally sucks because it creates a huge stigma around users, even legal medical users. Not that being on oxycodone is hard to hide or anything. Oh... unless I'm in withdrawals haha. Then it's in plain sight.

But it's going to limit access to opioids, that is what it's designed to do. Likely not for me, but especially for new patients; it's a damn shame I think because the meds are so effective and a lot of people want them for pain relief but can't get them. For me it's the difference between life or death. Oxy gave me my life back, at least temporarily. I probably wouldn't be here, without it. Sure I'm dependent as all hell now but I had NO life AT ALL before.

Last edited:
Shroomy..thanks for letting me know that closeau is good ...I have been looking for posts from him and I found him n heard back from him ...
You are so right about the quality of life being so different with pain management ....I had my back broken by domestic violence (my ex)..in 2006 n it has been very rollercoaster like ups n downs...I Will be back on here tomorrow..
Stay painless friends....
Kattmomma13

Argh!! I've had to come off all my pain meds as work won't let me drive an ambulance while on them....currently on day 4 of fentanyl withdrawl and haven't slept for 3 days...

This is brutal but I know I can handle it and everything will be good...

Sending love from the UK <3

Argh!! I've had to come off all my pain meds as work won't let me drive an ambulance while on them....currently on day 4 of fentanyl withdrawl and haven't slept for 3 days...

This is brutal but I know I can handle it and everything will be good...

Sending love from the UK <3

Hang in there BigG, day 4 doing nicely.

Katt, when I read about the domestic violence. Well I don't know what to say I really don't because I have never been there. Hearing about abuse like that brings me to tears. I am overwhelmed with sorrow thinking about it; that is truly evil. Hopefully you are treated well by the medical system because you deserve the very best.