• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

Hello all,

For everyone who has made the induction from a potent full agonist (heroin, dilaudid, opana, etc) to Bupe, you are all too aware that the first few days, esp day 1, can be an extremely unpleasant transition. I'm not referring to precipitated WD from dosing the bupe too soon, just the act of switching from a potent full agonist to the partial agonism that bupe offers can be pretty brutal.

With that in mind, I'm curious if anyone tries to cross Titrate the full agonist and bupe simultaneously to ease what can otherwise be a jarring transition.

For those that aren't familiar w what cross titration is, it would look something like this:
Say you have been maintaining on 8mg dilaudid IV around 6 times a day and you now want to switch to bupe. The idea I'm proposing is on the morning you decide to make the switch, you dose a small dose of bupe, maybe .25 to .5mg. Within 30mins to an hr you will likely begin to feel uncomfortable and hints to WD, at which point you dose a full 8mg IV dilaudid. Later that day you dose a bit more bupe, perhaps another .5mg, and some time after that another dose of dilaudid, and repeat this process that day.

The next day you dose a bit higher on the bupe and drop your dilaudid dose.
This process is repeated but by day 3 or 4 at the latest, you should be fully switched over to bupe and no longer taking the dilaudid or whatever is your full agonist of choice.

I want to be clear I am not suggesting anyone try this as I've not experienced myself, it just theoretically seems to me to be a way to ease that transition to make things more manageable.

What I would LOVE to hear is from anyone who has done something like thiis and what their experience was like relative to the usual bupe induction of simply waiting for WD to kick in and abruptly switching to bupe. Your cross titration doesn't have to be exactly like my example, but I'm just hoping to hear experiences from people who have tried this type of approach- slowly adding small doses of bupe will simultaneously dropping their dose of full agonist until you have fully converts to bupe.

I would think this would make for a smoother transition. The initial low doses of bupe shouldn't be enough for precip WD to be a concern. However it is possible that ppl who have tried this found it didn't make the transition any smoother and simply prolonged the unpleasant induction phase.

Surely people have tried this, so I'd really appreciate if you would share your experiences. Thanks.

Just a random thought. I would like to visit the Enterprise. I bet Dr. Crusher has the best stuff there is in stock. Or maybe have Data reprogram my food replicator. lol..

Now that is the sort of random thought I might have myself! :)

Why do I feel like I'm trying to kick!?!?

So I kicked H 8 months ago and it was really rough. I had restless legs and irritation BAD and thought I was done with that. Lately I've been feeling the same shit especially at nIght. It sucks. Someone told me that if I'm around another H user it could be coming out of their pores and somehow triggering this resurgence of restlessness. I don't know. It sounds kind of unlikely but I guess anything is possible. Anyone experienced this? I haven't found anything on Internet so thought I'd post here. Thanks!

welcome to bluelight.

it's not possible.

homeless -> other drugs (opioid withdrawal megathread)

Heroin withdrawals after 2 uses??

Last week I tried h for the first time,I snorted .1
Ive used opiates before such as oxy. But this was...like amazing. Felt happy, emotionally content, smiled, wanted to hug my guy friends etc. cool.

Tried it again 3days later (thursday) and my friend had separated two tenths for me on a card, I was a little drunk and snorted part of the 2nd line after doing the first one. I felt great for about 10 minutes, then I started to feel extremely overwhelmed, like I took a glob of a dab my first time or something. I was able to handle it and stay in control for only a little, then it got too much. I went from falling asleep to waking up sweating like crazy. Dont remember much else aside from dry heaving for what seemed like forever then finally vomiting. Next morning I told myself it wasn't worth it and to get out now.

By Saturday I felt like I was coming down with the flu. Same symptoms as always, high fever, cold sweats, zero appetite, always thirsty but unable to drink water. I puked all the water I had in my stomach, no food at all. My friend then told me I don't have the flu and what I'm going through is withdrawals from heroin.

Is it possible only after 2 uses? I feel like 500% shit, always nauseous and even the smell of food makes me throw up. I've lost at least 10 pounds. Do I have the flu or am I seriously going through withdrawals? I can't get my hands on any wax or weed till the weekend. I know it'll help, I wanna sleep this off. Literally can't eat, can't sleep, and I can't stop thinking about calling up my friend for some h cause I know that's how you cure this shitty feeling, though i dont want to get hooked.

What should I do? How long will this last for?

No, I don't believe this is possible...

You probably took too much and have something similar to a hangover.

Dangerous to mix alcohol and opioids, especially without a tolerance.

hope you feel better.

I quit opiates 25 days ago very heavy tolerance cold t.
So tonite I had molly does bup withdrawal affect the molly ?

Last week I tried h for the first time,I snorted .1
Ive used opiates before such as oxy. But this was...like amazing. Felt happy, emotionally content, smiled, wanted to hug my guy friends etc. cool.

Tried it again 3days later (thursday) and my friend had separated two tenths for me on a card, I was a little drunk and snorted part of the 2nd line after doing the first one. I felt great for about 10 minutes, then I started to feel extremely overwhelmed, like I took a glob of a dab my first time or something. I was able to handle it and stay in control for only a little, then it got too much. I went from falling asleep to waking up sweating like crazy. Dont remember much else aside from dry heaving for what seemed like forever then finally vomiting. Next morning I told myself it wasn't worth it and to get out now.

By Saturday I felt like I was coming down with the flu. Same symptoms as always, high fever, cold sweats, zero appetite, always thirsty but unable to drink water. I puked all the water I had in my stomach, no food at all. My friend then told me I don't have the flu and what I'm going through is withdrawals from heroin.

Is it possible only after 2 uses? I feel like 500% shit, always nauseous and even the smell of food makes me throw up. I've lost at least 10 pounds. Do I have the flu or am I seriously going through withdrawals? I can't get my hands on any wax or weed till the weekend. I know it'll help, I wanna sleep this off. Literally can't eat, can't sleep, and I can't stop thinking about calling up my friend for some h cause I know that's how you cure this shitty feeling, though i dont want to get hooked.

What should I do? How long will this last for?

Dood you can make it I did it. It sux but life gets better

Will I have withdrawals if I quit heroin?

I've been smoking heroin for 6 days now

Not to scare you, but heroin comes with THE worst withdrawals out of any drug I've ever seen. I've watched many people go through being "dope sick" and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. I highly suggest you reach out for help or at least try to taper down so you don't just go right back to dope when you feel like dog shit from withdrawals. And btw it's really awesome that you're trying to quit! :)

welcome to bluelight. the support forum is designed for technical queries. for drug related questions please use the basic drug discussion or other drugs forums respective of the queries complexity. i'm going to merge your thread now.

support -> other drugs (opioid withdrawal megathread)

I quit Fentanyl...

I have chronic pain caused by endometriosis. Basically I figured out that I don't need mess 24 hrs a day and only 2 weeks of the month. I have a question about this whole Fentanyl patch (Mylan Brand) thing I've been experiencing. I was started on 25 mcg every 48 hours for two years straight. I went through all kinds of hell and was finally stabilized using oxycodone as a break through medication. I then decided that I didn't want to take it anymore, so I dropped to 12.5 mcg every 48 hours. With that I ended up on Dilaudid as break through. When I took the patch off and flushed the rest of them, it was May 22nd. I used the hell out of that Dilaudid for an entire week, hoping it would mask the withdrawal symptoms. Instead I think I ended up having to withdraw from that. I didn't miss a single day of work but felt like shit for about 7 days, then got this crazy burning in my stomach after taking loperamide for a week. I ended up in the hospital but they said I had gastritis and that I should be fine in 3 days. It's been like 10 and my gut keeps going back and forth between okay and feeling like shit. Is this the Dilaudid so much later, or just the regular feeling of Fentanyl patch withdrawal? I've been pretty comfortable all things considered. Can anyone help with some insight into this situation with my guts? Feels like I can feel it eating itself. I also take 4 mg of kolonopin per day for an anxiety disorder so I'm trying to figure out if my stomach is going to get better with time or am I going to be stuck like this?

gastrointestinal issues are a common symptom of opioid withdrawal. it improves over time.

anonymous -> other drugs (opioid withdrawal megathread)

Idk I mean it's gonna suck but it's not deadly. Only thing the hospital can do is make it more comfortable. And I was only doing like 50-75 mg of seroquel. I fall asleep on 25 but people usually start out at one hundred. I won't be that asleep.

Wow, wish that would send me to sleep, I'm now tapered to 200, was on 600 a few months ago xxx

Extra Advice On Stopping CT
I have read these forums, gosh knows how many times after helping a friend get off a 150mg a day Oxy habit.
First I can only agree with the Thomas Recipe, those supplies are essential and you should stock up well in advance.
I wanted to add some extra items to this approach.
Firstly Benadryl, my friend found it works best if you take 50mg an hour before bedtime, and just as you are falling asleep, take another 100mg. This will provide you with a valuable extra 45m to 1 hour of sleep, which if you are getting 2 hours is an extra 50pc.
Second, if you can, try and time your last dose in the evening, about 7pm, 8pm. This will give you a good nights sleep before going through the hell of day 1 and day 2. In addition, when you wake up, you will be strong to face the day. My friend tried to give up and timed it all wrong (last dose at 1pm, which meant WD kicking in at 9pm, anxiety kicked in at 11pm and no sleep) and guess what the call went in the next day as she just could not handle it.
Lastly, as has been mentioned many times, you need a plan after you give up, and how you are going to fulfill that reward center (Plan meets with friends, set goals, attend meetings) My friend did not have a plan the first 2 times and after a few days, gave in.
Anyhow I hope that someone finds this information useful.

I just cannot stress Kratom enough wen you are going through w/d. It really is a Godsend..Don't try to get high from it. Like chasing the dragon. But using it as a remedy will work i personally guarantee this. And I do not garaunty much of anything. Hang in there. Please eat soething. and vitamins are a must.

Paneer1 if I were you, I would stop right now before it's too late.Please be careful..Everyone here is right. It is probably the most addictive drug out there.Please get help if you can't cold turkey it. There's also Kratom to help some with w/d.The thomas recipe works if K is illegal where you are.I've used it when out early on my hydros and it is a Godsend. Please get help before this becomes a huge problem.. LOttsa love for you all.

How do you stop this madness? I was without pills for 36 hours and I'm typing this from an er bed getting hydromorphone shots... And then it will begin again... The insomnia is what kills me, I woke up every 20 minutes lastnite for the 3 hours I slept. My body especially my legs want to crawl out of my skin. My anxiety is crazy high, and nothing helps. Ativan doesn't do anything for me. I have lunesta and that doesnt even put me to sleep.
I want this to stop. I've been on hydrocodone for 2 years straight, I take 60-80mg a day. I've tried every opiate minus heroin. I just want this to stop. I've tried so many times, but can't get past 3 days tops. Anyone have suggestions? Anything help RLS and insomnia?
It take about four to start feeling better from that amount of hydrocodone...it is hell on earth but there is no escaping it. Eventually there are no amount of pills that will help and you are just detoxing constantly. Good luck to you.