• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

Congrats! That's awesome news. Kratom can be a bit nasty tasting, but I used it in the past to kick that nasty H phase I went through for a while. It is really helpful.

I just enjoy a few pharms every now and then and I am good. I have learned it's better to moderate, than live in fear of when your going to get your "next fix". Because...that sucks dix.

So glad you beat something, it's very very difficult for most people and they end up dead. You have strong willpower like myself. Admirable!

Welcome to BL and thank you for sharing.

Opiate Withdrawl Symptoms

I am addicted to pain pills of many sorts. My question is, how long before I feel withdrawal symptoms. It's been exactly 28 days since I've taken any pain meds. However, in a last ditch effort to kick the habit, I went to a clinic that started me on Methadone Therapy. Exactly 9 days ago was the last time I went to the clinic because after doing research on Methadone it scared the shit out of me. I was on 70mg every day of the Methadone. I've been expecting torturous withdrawal symptoms but I can't say that I've experienced any yet. Now before anyone cusses me out because they have had a hell of a time and I haven't YET, let me tell you a couple medical conditions I currently have. I had a full hysterectomy on 4/8/14 and as a result it threw me into FULL menopause at the age of 31 (FML) and I also have a bad case of hypothyroidism which means my thyroid doesn't work. They say your thyroid levels shouldn't ever be above a 2.5, but from what I understand, as long as it's not above a 4.0 then you should be fine. Mine is a 7.2 which means it is worse than not working properly!!! I'm being treated for both of those conditions currently. On a daily basis I suffer from high anxiety, hot and cold flashes and digestion problems so I'm not sure if I have already gone through FULL withdrawals or not. If I haven't, what is it that I should expect to experience? And I guess it's also important for me to mention I've been doing the pain pill thing since April of 2013 when I shattered my ankle and had to get a titanium one put in place of my natural one. I started taking just the meds the doc gave me and it got worse from there. Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated!

Just as a tip, it's most helpful to read this thread, stock up a supply of the most common themed remedies, and get familiar with the process BEFORE you actually have to experience WD's especially for the first time. It's so hard to concentrate or retain new information going into or through WD's, that the more prepared you are before you go through it, the better off you will be. My favorite WD aid, if you can get your Dr to Rx it, is Lomotil. It's got atropine in it, and I find that a couple of those stop the runny nose and watery eyes, the cold sweats, the diarrhea, basically improves everything but the aches and pains part. An since it is an opiate itself that crosses the BBB a little more readily that Lopriamide does, it does stick to a few receptors. My WD "kit" is a supply of gabapentin, xanax, lomotil, Zofran (for nausea and vomiting) seriquel (for sleep), Motrin, and D and B vitamins. I've been lucky in never getting RLS so idk what would help with that as I've never had to treat it. I have Fibro, so nothing helps for me when it comes to aches and pains!

Last edited:
8( I just recently ordered some Kratom powder to be used to alleviate withdrawal symptoms from oxycodone. Does this stuff honestly work at all? If so, how well compared to more traditional withdrawal medicines such as clonidine, subutex/suboxone? Thanks ahead of time for any info. it's all appreciated.

Yes, it will work a lot better than something like clonidine, but not as good as subs. Kratom is an actual opiate feeling herb, it's very serious for people with no tolerance, and for someone like you going through w/d from oxy, you should get out of w/d or even feel a little bit high from it. It's good.

Yes, it will work a lot better than something like clonidine, but not as good as subs. Kratom is an actual opiate feeling herb, it's very serious for people with no tolerance, and for someone like you going through w/d from oxy, you should get out of w/d or even feel a little bit high from it. It's good.

When I quit a 40mg per day oxy habit, it let me sleep, took away about half of the restless legs, and also made it not so dysphoric, and completley took away the stomach issues. I'd say it took away about 60% of the withdrawals of 40mg per day oxy habit.

2 years later when I was banging a bun of dope every 24-36 hours, kratom did jack shit, and the plant matter was hurting my stomach even more.

It really does depend on your tolerance. I was clean from 2011-2012, and the first opiate I did to relapse was 8 grams of kratom, and it got me lit. If youre using dope, kratom wont do jack. If you're using under 80mg of oxy per day, it can take away about half the withdrawal, and let you go to work and not seem too off.

I need to get off opiates again. i have taken 8x80 mg oxy, 100mg morphine and 250mg of low purity heroin over the course of 11days. I know if i stop now i will feel bad. I hope not as bad as the last time when i took 0,25g Heroin for 10 day (this is stronger then 80mg oxy).

My plan is to take 10 to 20mg methadone tomorrow and stabilize for a day. Then i want to half the dose every day. I have lyrica on hand but i have taken it in excess amounts the last weeks (600mg a day). My worry is i have to work, but i need to get off this stuff before it will get worse. I will try to get some clonidine from my doctor and probably buy some loperamide. I dont want to take benzodiazepines, because they fuck so bad with my memory even in small doses, and i need to learn.

I think i will only feel very weak and dysphoric with minor pain in my legs. On the other hand, i have withdrawn after small binges in the last month often and it continously grow worse. Any other advise?

Detoxing-afraid of precipatative withdrawl
New and too sick to figure out how to start a new thread.
Been on methadone for 20 years (i hate it) still was using while on maitanince dose
Been off meth for one week using oxy to keep withdrawl managable (snorting)
Ready to start sub in 12 hrs, i have went through prec. Withdrawl and am scared.
If i take 2mg of sub and am ok how long till i can use opiates to feel better until stable. I have to work and its taken most of my holiday just to come off the meth.
Any help would be appreciated

Ok, now i try to make the day with as low oxy and lyrica as possible. Then i will titrate down with oral morphine. Its longer lasting, less potent and less euphoric then oxy. I am scared because my last withdrawl is just 3 weeks ago, and i was relatively disabled. But i went straight cold turkey and it was mostly heroin i used.

Valuim for norco withdrawal

Valuim for norco withdrawl
I just took my last dose of norco this past Tuesday, weds I took 4 valuim, thurs I took 3, fri 2 and sat 1. I have had the prescription for anxiety from a surgery in May so I have taken 30, 5 mg pills which I have taken as needed a few here and there over almost 3 months, never everyday until these last couple days to help with my withdrawal. Someone said I shouldn't just stop taking that medication I have never been prescribed it before because I know of the addiction chances... I did have a medical reason for norco but have decided to deal with it differently as I don't like or want to take these pills everyday I'm actually passed all the bad and looking forward into the future I just want to make sure I won't have problems with taking the valuim like that?? It might sound like a stupid question but I'm pretty paranoid about medications . TIA

I am such an idiot, took another 40mg oxy in the morning. Followed by 120mg oral morphine, 15mg methadone, 200mg Lyrica and a tiny amount Ab-Fubinaca in the evening. This was an almost unpleasant sedative high compared to the oxycodone high i was used to in the last days. Also i have a bad headache. I am drinking a coffee right now and took some Ibuprofene to get the day started. I just hope the methadone will keep me gooing for the whole work day. It should, it most probably is all in my head.

Hi guys.

Ive been taking opiates for around 2 year. I've came off if a few times but the anxiety always made me go back. Does anyone have any advice on how to improve anxiety during withdrawal?

When I quit a 40mg per day oxy habit, it let me sleep, took away about half of the restless legs, and also made it not so dysphoric, and completley took away the stomach issues. I'd say it took away about 60% of the withdrawals of 40mg per day oxy habit.

2 years later when I was banging a bun of dope every 24-36 hours, kratom did jack shit, and the plant matter was hurting my stomach even more.

It really does depend on your tolerance. I was clean from 2011-2012, and the first opiate I did to relapse was 8 grams of kratom, and it got me lit. If youre using dope, kratom wont do jack. If you're using under 80mg of oxy per day, it can take away about half the withdrawal, and let you go to work and not seem too off.

haha love it

Hi guys.

Ive been taking opiates for around 2 year. I've came off if a few times but the anxiety always made me go back. Does anyone have any advice on how to improve anxiety during withdrawal?
yeah go outside in the mornings if you can and get for walks and in the evenings that worked really well for me man top quality

most likely bro lol
I am such an idiot, took another 40mg oxy in the morning. Followed by 120mg oral morphine, 15mg methadone, 200mg Lyrica and a tiny amount Ab-Fubinaca in the evening. This was an almost unpleasant sedative high compared to the oxycodone high i was used to in the last days. Also i have a bad headache. I am drinking a coffee right now and took some Ibuprofene to get the day started. I just hope the methadone will keep me gooing for the whole work day. It should, it most probably is all in my head.

I definitely need to work on going out more and more walks too. Not in wds at the moment but since stopping them and having my meds changed around, i've been kind of nervous of even stepping out the door.. there's a name for that "fear" but i cant remember it. I need to conquer it though.

Any ways one can trick themselves into going outside haha?
I mean i go to the mailbox and bring the trash out and stuff but sitting on my porch with people walking by waving and saying hi even makes me nervous lol.

hahah man jsut go out and enjoy it if you have to find a trial and go walking in the woods nothing beats it

I have a question that i do not think deserves it's own thread:

I am preparing to withdraw from about .7 grams of east coast powder a day insulated for about 6 months. My doctor prescribed me 10 mg Prochlorperazine pills to help with the nausea. Does anyone have any positive or negative experience using this as a withdrawal med? It is also an anti-psychotic so I am a little skeptical.

Also, is it safe to mix with my other withdrawl meds: Klonopin, ativan, DXM, and Loperamide?

Last edited: