• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

Hiya ClockComa88,

Very useful advice and sensible advice, that is. Thank you for sharing it with us. When I finally withdraw from suboxone I may look bad on this post - and I have a feeling that others will too. Also welcome to Bluelight - hope you get what you need from your experience.

Take care and I wish you good health,
Evey

Today is day three and I'm making it without the subs..but OMG I can't leave my house for reasons I'm to shy to type but for those of you that have gone through this I'm sure you know what I mean. Thanks for all the help and please keep in touch with me. Michelle

Hey Glock what great advice. I have been since days before eating exactly as you mentioned. Cut out all sweets, liquor, smoke and it did help. I just looked out my window and said to myself "I'm grateful to be living where I live" and it's true for a moment I just forgot about myself. This is my 4th day and I find that I can't stop sneezing ... will try the imodium too. Never did use the subs and I have ten....I know for sure when I get thru this I'll never do it again. I have legitimate pain but will learn to use mind control. Thanks to all that wrote to me it meant a lot. I wish that all of you will have peace and harmony in your lives. Michelle

Your a beautiful girl Evey...

Last edited by a moderator:
basic drug discussion -> other drugs (opioid withdrawal megathread)

On day seven. Just feel meh. Longest time clean since October 2007 so I guess I've got a long ride ahead of me. Meh. Just want to feel good again.

"I like these things too much and I hate it. I hate the idea of having to take them so I can survive."
Totally get that.
But there are tons of stuff to get-- go to the first page. The only thing I add is using ketamine for part of it-- not all of it bc coming off long term dissociative use is not fun. Im on my 5th day from a really heavy shooting habit-- was a over a mg of crazy good dope a day-- worked down to 1 mg of okay shit or 2 or 3 dilaudid 8s with just klonodine and benzos and k and lopramide, a bunch of hot showers but it hasnt been fun. mostly cause i kept getting drunk to get thru the first few days and some bad time the last bit of the worst with nothing but my prob has always been getting thru the worst then feeling okay and going to get something... its hard man. you gotta really want it, i guess. i did it for almost 3-4 ish years once.

withdrawl for a while now the worst seems to be over i have been taking lopramide-- is my stomach making a bunch of weird loud noises because of this? anyone had this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Today is my third day of coming off of drugs. Last night I took 1/2 of an ambien and at 3:30 a.m. took the other half and actually slept for a couple of hours. I signed a contract (3 pages) with my doctor standard drug contract...that said after years of medication they (the meds) do no good. Well that's just a crock because I have a lot of pain in my injury that I haven't felt in years. Sadly people that have never had any pain...such as politicians, newscaster and all the rest are now the experts! I didn't start any subs as I don't want to start with out some guidance and maybe I can do it without. Today I'm sneezing and hurting but mentally feel better not taking the drugs. This is an experiment at this point to see if I can be without the meds...To all of you that have gone through this I hope you are all doing well. I just think that I couldn't do this again. Michelle

Yeah, you signed a contract that the drugs your own doctor has been giving you for many years do no good right? Makes sense lol but seems typical.

When my doc started prescribing me opiates, not once was I given any serious warning about the withdrawal and how opiates are not like other drugs (tolerance dependence etc). Just some hesitation if I asked for a refill too soon. This is my family doc of many years.

Fast forward three years later, I went to a walking clinic because my doctor was on vacation and I couldn't get an appointment for another two weeks. I brought my empty bottles and the doc could see I was in pain. I told him to call my doc's office whatever he needed. He filled my script and I will never forget what he told me on my way out: "be careful...take this stuff for a week straight and you're going to have serious issues".

A complete stranger of a doctor gave me more warning than my family doc of 35 years.

the funniest part though was when he told me: "I can't have that stuff around me, I love it too much, makes you feel awake and great". Got me thinkin' if he had been through the dance himself one time or more!

Heroin withdrawal

Hey I've been on suboxone for about 4 months I taperd off but relapsed and went on a 6 day binge of iv heroin use. I quit cold turkey and did three days of withdrawal which weren't horrible compared to previously but I ended up using 2 bags(normally use 6) tonight on day 3 of withdrawal my question is will it be as bad as day 1 or what to expect tomorrow

sounds like you will reset your withdrawls back to the beginning so you have to start all over any time you had in sober is wasted now im afraid once you did that rush of opiates it put your body right back to the way it was before you started detoxing. you will have to suffer day one day two and 3 again keep in mind next time you want to relapse that you will be put in the same pit of despair you were in previously despite how much clean time you have achieved.

I have a friend who was clean from opiates for 20 years then he decided to get high one day and in a day or 2 he was as strung out and hooked to the dope as he was 20 years prior despite having 20 years clean. opiate addicts cant go back to using causally once addicted it stays in thier brain for life so every time an addict trys to use opiates responsibly after putting in some sober time they usually end up digging themselves into the same hole they were in during their worst point of addiction.

homeless -> other drugs (opioid withdrawal megathread)

welcome to bluelight

I am on day 2 off heroin. I feel like dying. I have more left, and oxy and methadone actually and not sure what to do. Was buying 2-3 grams every other day. Anyways, I hid the rest I had when I quit ... so I cant' find it, shoulda flushed it, and maybe that's best, yet that's another topic. My brain is in a fog, I am hallucinating.

I just had this moment of clarity 2 days ago, and was almost dissociating, I also threw up right before hand (?), where i saw all the paraphernalia in my room and car, and just couldn't take any more in my system and jumped off. I did not sleep last night at all. I do have neurontin and clonidine from a taper a year ago. I once had 8 years clean and worked in chemical dependency field. I just want my self back and am counting the minutes staying distracted, calling people (I shut everyone out of my life), and very scared as my brain is used to functioning on opiates. I am hallucinating and not sure if I'm almost out of the woods or symptoms might escalate more. I have jobs coming up.

I just said enough is enough and if I die from this I will. I heard one can't but I'm preparing to just in case. So terrified, I must get through this, day 3 should be better. Thanks for listening. I have to get ice I'm burning up right now..

Last edited:
First time posting here ;)

K... So I've been on pharmaceutical morphine (iv) for almost 1.5 years. My daily dosage during the last six months was around 600mg per day - sometimes more. Didn't taper anything down, in fact, I even stepped it up during the last weeks of usage (up to 1000mg) before going cold.
Anyway, now "clean" for 9 days, right now I'm dealing with PAWS, but it aint that bad. The "worst" days were day 2 and 3, on the 4th day I felt better already, after day six I had no withdrawal symptoms anymore.
No vomiting (thank God), no diarrhea.

Before I started I've been so sure that I'll be the lucky one getting all the symptoms (thinking of my daily dosage) but nope. Instead, just:
Sleeplessness, RLS, hot/cold and sweating.

I had Lyrica (RLS), some Benzos and Weed - of course.

Fuck me, this was my easiest withdrawal ever. Why is it that it's so easy for me whilst for others it's pure hell (even with lower daily dosages)?

Anyway, thanks to this thread here I found Lyrica which was my biggest little helper. This stuff is pure gold when it comes to RLS, thanks for that!

Edit: I went through withdrawals from heroin some years ago, but back then I was only smoking it. Symptoms could be taken care of by weed alone back then, despite years of daily and heavy H-smoking...

They're that easy cause your taking morphine and SMOKING heroin. Good for you though! Stay clean.

They're that easy cause your taking morphine and SMOKING heroin. Good for you though! Stay clean.

Hum, smoking heroin was years ago. As I said, I was on up to 1000mg pharmaceutical morphine - and yes, I was shooting up.

Anyone else find it hard to breathe when going through wds?
I dont mean any opiate/opioid in particular. I also don't mean as a problem from smoking the DOC.
(I live on the east coast so it's all powder dope and pills here) So IV, oral, and insufflation have been my ROA's.
I just realized this happening when going through wd's but i finally accomplished beating opiates for good about 2 years ago.
But recently used kratom for an extended period of time (not too long though, couple months) and when stopping, found the same trouble with breathing as stopping other opiates.
Feels as though i cant breathe as deeply as normal or there is something heavy on my chest.
Anyone else get this and or know the reason for it?
Didn't feel like starting a new thread so searched for opiate WD and founf this megathread and posted here (glad its in OD too, which is where i was going to post the question).
I never thought anything of it before, but have just finally pinpointed it to wd's for me.. weird.

-HOOD

EDIT: Forgot to mention i'm a cigarette smoker, about 1.5 packs a day for about 12 years.
But never notice any breathing problems other than when going through even the most minor of wd's.

Last edited:
^^Ive always had breathing problems just like you described since I was a kid. For me its just bad anxiety/panic attacks, and of course, out of all the anti-depressants and benzos Ive tried, nothings helps like some oxy.

I think the only w/d symptom I get is fucking horrible RLS, I want to chop my legs off sometimes!!! The only thing that helps is pregabalin, which I cant get much of, so I only use it when its extremely bad. I don't use opioids much. Only sublingual fentanyl about one week out of every month and a few oxy once a week or so. Having a job where I sit at a desk for 8 hours is HELL for RLS. Adderall also helps the RLS, but that beast has its own bad side effects.

Short hydrocodone withdrawal

I took 60 mg or so of hydrocodone for about a couple of weeks and and am experiencing withdrawals. Not like I am going to die but uncomfortable enough. My last does was 30 mg yesterday and I have not today. I took some 5 Fiorocet which obviously doesn't seem to help much with the withdrawals (I thought I would take it because it is not an opitate), 1.5 kolonopins, and 10mg of flexiril. I also took 800 mg of ibuprofen this morning and 500 mg of tylenol. The Fiorocet has 325mg of tylenol per pill so yes, I jacked up on the Tylenol, yes my liver does not like it. But I was hoping it was going to help a little with the aches and pains. I know this withdrawal is considered mild when compared to other people who have been on higher doses on a longer duration but it still feels completely terrible. Muscle aches, cramps, nausea, sweats, the obvious bathroom issues, inability to sleep, etc. I can't imagine it would last more than a day or two. My last dose of hydrocodone was about 35 mg yesterday because that is all I had left. Probably should start feeling better tomorrow or will tomorrow will be the worst before I feel better on day 3...any advise? I know this is no 120-240mg of hydrocodone or percocet of months or years as unfortunately some have endured but bottom line the withdrawals still sucks and it is there so any advice on duration for something that feels terrible but with the anticipation of it being mild length of withdrawal? Any constructive advice is welcome!!;)

Help with H withdrawl using suboxone

Sorry if this is not in the right forum but I am new here and couldn't find in the guidelines where to post this, anyway here I go and any help is greatly appreciated.

I am 27 years old and am addicted to heroin. I first tried the drug in high school but it was never a problem until about 2 years ago when I started using daily. I started just messing around once in awhile with it and then before I knew it I was using almost everyday, it has been almost 2 years since the addiction took hold. I am no longer myself, while others may not yet notice any changes in me I DO. I am so sick of living this way. No one except one really close friend knows what I am going through and living this double life is starting to mess with my mental health. I have seen this drug ruin a couple of close friends lives and I am dumbfounded that I didn't learn from their mistakes. I work a full time job mon-fri and pay all my bills so from the outside it may not look as though anything is wrong but they would be wrong. I use to always be out with friends, I was involved in sports which I loved and now I work and I stay home doing nothing but getting high and I am tired of it. I got clean once before in which I didn't use for 7 days and felt great but I started up again. It was the way I felt after those 7 days that I really really want to get back to feeling. I felt things that I hadn't felt in months maybe a year. I felt life! I miss that feeling and am really looking to get back to being sober and experiencing life again. Today my close friend said he can get us suboxone this weekend and those words could not have come at a better time as I feel like going on as I have been is a path that I can not carry along much longer. I know if I can get clean this time I can make it last. My question is how many suboxone pills should I get to ween myself off the H. I am 6'3 300lbs and for the last 2 years have been doing about 3 dubs of dope a day via snorting. I asked for 10 pills for sure and I believe they are of the 8mg variety. I know I must start to W/D from the H before I take any of the suboxone but are the 10 pills enough for me and if not how many should I try and get and how should I break them up for use and for how many days. Please any help you can offer on this would be greatly appreciated. I always believed it was mind over matter with addiction but that was before I got addicted to dope. If I could just lay in bed for a week I could just take the pain but that is not an option at this point.

homeless -> other drugs (opioid withdrawal megathread)

welcome to bluelight