• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Opioid Withdrawal Megathread and FAQ

Disagree 100%
Belly, aches, no energy it's all from your system requiring a dose. But once it leaves you body 3-5 days it's all mind..

Best way to get off kratom is taper it. I capsule mine at home, no machine needed just a piece of paper and a capsule, stuff sticks really well. Anyway, if you want to get off it start by lowering your daily dose by a few grams (if you take it 3 times a day lower by I gram or even just half a gram each time) stay thins dose for maybe a week, then repeat by lowering again. In and if itself kratom has few withdrawals (sleepiness and maybe some achiness but little else) however I suggest you go off slow as you are using it to combat other wds n going off too quickly may lead to those coming back. The hardest part is being strict about not exceeding daily doses, but if you can do it you have proved that you have the ability to take control in your own life.

hiya are we talking about plain leaf or any extracts? I know very little about kratom, but I did manage to stay off hydrocodone for a month or more just using plain leaf. However, I did dump the little sample they sent of extract in with the plain leaf. I also capped mine as the taste is awful!!

75-120 mg per day or nearly everyday of norco, lortab, lorcets, oxycodone...etc. sometimes a combination of these. Hoping to stop and give myself a break from all of it. :/ not looking forward to the head on collision with sobriety but its necessary.

I heard on NPR today that Opioid with drawl is all in a persons mind.

i guess from a chemical perspecive thats true, but doesnt mean you wont be curled up on the bathroom floor, convulsing, sweating, freezing, puking, and violent diareah

75-120 mg per day or nearly everyday of norco, lortab, lorcets, oxycodone...etc. sometimes a combination of these. Hoping to stop and give myself a break from all of it. :/ not looking forward to the head on collision with sobriety but its necessary.

Best thing I ever did is kicked my habit. Not fun to start but the finish effects are beyond great. Job,Family,Friends and especially yourself with benefit from your change.
Best of luck to you

Evilbrain
I agree, but like you said there's going to be some kind of side effects. Even with the strongest minded person it's a challenge.

Kratom is a huge life saver!! I don't know much about methadone, but from what I do know, it takes an extremely long time to get rid of it completely. I don't know exactly how long you would FEEL normal detox symptoms from methadone, in my experience from Oxy, I felt like shit if I went 12 hrs without dosing. Honestly, I have never had PAWS unless having an insatiable urge to rob a pharmacy is a symptom of it. As far as prolonged detox symptoms, keep up with the kratom, if you honestly feel like shit and are worried about relapse, use the kratom. Do whatever you have to do to stay off methadone. It's a beautiful alternative and I believe that's the ultimate goal here right?

This is something I am about to go thorough for the 4-5th? Time now?

It all started 2 years ago with simple 10mg Norcos. Popping 2 a day and being on cloud nine. I would typically go on "binges" or longer periods of use, the longest being 8 weeks. Every time, except the first time I knew I was in WD.

As time went on tolerance took its course and 2 became 4 per dose then 12/day, when I switched to Roxy10mg. Again, about a 7 week run with some exalgo throw in the mix that I took apart to get at the hydromorphone w/o the time release. I ended that run June 1st. Was gone for 2 months marrying my wife, I was so high on life at the time, I barely even knew I was in WD. All I had was some headaches and some stomach issues. I thought I broke the habit being 2 months clean.

Idiotically, on my return to the us, I thought oh! I can chip and use once a week! Right. That never works. Now here I am again! this time occasionally up to 150-165mg oxy/day. This dose was only for a week. I'd say on average I was on 75-90/day. Still high. It's been 8 weeks, lol. I'm done with the shit. It's lost all magic, no euphoria, just a mild mood increase. Tbh, I felt the best in years in the summer when I was opie free.

I have 2 2mg Sub strips. I know it's not much, but I was going to wait for WD to kick I'm, which seems to be taking its time. Even after 24 hours lately I've shown little symptoms. I'm going to try .5 or 1 mg and see how I feel when I finally hit WD. I am mainly curious, as my history of returning to the pills countless times, if maybe I should just go on a low dose maint dose of sub to keep any craving at bay. Or does anyone think, I can taper with this 4 mg of sub, feel a little WD. I have Ativan,Valium, and Xanax on hand. And just try again at staying clean without going on maint bupe. I don't want to do any MMT.

I miss the old days of 20mg hydro making me feel so great, sigh. Tolerance. Nonetheless, any insight would be appreciated. I know I'm new to posting, but I've been reading for a long time now.

Should also mention I've been using more opiates and benzos as I've come home from marrying my wife, she lives outside the US and the process of getting someone here spouse or not, is a pitfa, I feel this has upped my usage significantly, I've been very stressed missing her.

Last edited:
Really hoping it sticks this time around...I'm lucky BC all of my "hookups" are out. Makes it alot less complicated..

This is something I am about to go thorough for the 4-5th? Time now?

It all started 2 years ago with simple 10mg Norcos. Popping 2 a day and being on cloud nine. I would typically go on "binges" or longer periods of use, the longest being 8 weeks. Every time, except the first time I knew I was in WD.

As time went on tolerance took its course and 2 became 4 per dose then 12/day, when I switched to Roxy10mg. Again, about a 7 week run with some exalgo throw in the mix that I took apart to get at the hydromorphone w/o the time release. I ended that run June 1st. Was gone for 2 months marrying my wife, I was so high on life at the time, I barely even knew I was in WD. All I had was some headaches and some stomach issues. I thought I broke the habit being 2 months clean.

Idiotically, on my return to the us, I thought oh! I can chip and use once a week! Right. That never works. Now here I am again! this time occasionally up to 150-165mg oxy/day. This dose was only for a week. I'd say on average I was on 75-90/day. Still high. It's been 8 weeks, lol. I'm done with the shit. It's lost all magic, no euphoria, just a mild mood increase. Tbh, I felt the best in years in the summer when I was opie free.

I have 2 2mg Sub strips. I know it's not much, but I was going to wait for WD to kick I'm, which seems to be taking its time. Even after 24 hours lately I've shown little symptoms. I'm going to try .5 or 1 mg and see how I feel when I finally hit WD. I am mainly curious, as my history of returning to the pills countless times, if maybe I should just go on a low dose maint dose of sub to keep any craving at bay. Or does anyone think, I can taper with this 4 mg of sub, feel a little WD. I have Ativan,Valium, and Xanax on hand. And just try again at staying clean without going on maint bupe. I don't want to do any MMT.

I miss the old days of 20mg hydro making me feel so great, sigh. Tolerance. Nonetheless, any insight would be appreciated. I know I'm new to posting, but I've been reading for a long time now.

Should also mention I've been using more opiates and benzos as I've come home from marrying my wife, she lives outside the US and the process of getting someone here spouse or not, is a pitfa, I feel this has upped my usage significantly, I've been very stressed missing her.

It's a hard process to go thru, but it's very possible. I know a lot of people that attempted it 10 times with no success. All those things that you mentioned that make you go back or think about the cravings are related to PAWS, change routine try talk to your wife more,FaceTime, any free time USE IT UP.
SWIM was fortunate to succeed after 1st try cold turkey after using 3-4 30mg rox a day, with help of BL.
Best of luck to you

Hello together,

so, I have been abstinent from opiates for about 2 and a half months after kicking a somewhat minor habit, having tapered down to 0,4mg Buprenorphine.
Now I f'ed up by using ~300mg Tilidine/ 1mg Bupe a day with a few breaks in between but then up to the point where I would get WD-symptoms again...

Over the course of the last weekend I took 2 doses of Tilidine (very short acting, potency: ~0,2) a day and then took 0,4mg Bupe once the day after my stash was empty. Now for my question/input:

With Tilidines very short half-life of 4-6 hours I would get symptoms very fast and the acute WD sucks but is pretty short. By taking the Buprenorphine Tuesday after my last dose it seems to have eliminated nearly the whole acute phase. Only yesterday morning I felt a little crappy and that was solved by taking 300mg of Gabapentin. Now despite not having slept perfectly I feel absolutely fine.
So it kind of "covered up" the first few days of otherwise very unpleasant withdrawal. Just wanted to throw this out, combined with some Kratom to ease it out this could help kicking minor and not so long habits of short acting opiates without feeling to bad.

Hello-this is my first time to do something like this but at this point I am desperate for help/advice. I've been taking painkillers for about 2-3 years now. I have no injury/medical reason to take them. At first I would do it once in awhile just for fun-then it turned into once a month-and now it's on a weekly basis (daily if i can find them). These pills control my life-pretty much all of my money go towards them. I am broke all the time, and I don't pay my bills so I can get pills. I am constantly looking for them-and once I get them I worry about running out. I have tried quitting-but the withdrawals were so bad I wanted to die. I have a full time job-and i'm only 24, none of my friends/family have any Idea about it except for my husband. I'll take anything I can buy-percocet,vicodin,oxcontin. I feel so helpless-I want to stop taking them, but i'm scared because I am miserable when I am not on them. I feel physically ill-and mentally I turn into a wreck. I can't sleep without them even though I am tired my legs won't stop moving-I have this sick feeling like I have the flu. I cry and my moods are everywhere. How am I supposed to stop-when it is hell without them? I would love any advice you could give me on how to quit. I'm terrified of coming off of them-but i'm terrified what will happen to me if I don't. I'm so disappointing in myself that I have let my life come to this-and feel pathetic that I have not been able to quit.

^^

There are many options available to you. You can check into a inpatient detox facility where they will medicate and monitor you to get you off, taper down yourself with the pills you have (makes the withdrawals much easier the lower you can go in dosage), get on a maintenance med like methadone or suboxone, etc.

You have to look into each method and find out which one is best for you and what you hope to accomplish.

Methadone and norco detox

I was taking between 50 to 80mg of methadone for six months and six days ago I took my last 50mg. Luckily I had 120 norco 10/325's to help me out. I went to the doc yesterday and he put me on a two week norco taper. 2 every six hours for two days then basically drop a half a pill every two days. It still sucks and I'm super bummed and hopeless. He also have me valume and chlonodine. Should I just say screw it and bite the bullet and cold turkey it or stick to the taper. Help please. I don't have anyone to talk to that has been through this hell

I would stick with the taper, why not? As long as you follow the actual taper (although 120 sounds like waaaaaaaay too many IMO). If you go the cold turkey route the valium and chlonodine should help, at least a little with sleep. I hear immodium works wonders too. Good Luck. I've never been on Methadone, just suboxone years ago and I use tiny amounts now for withdrawal when I mess up..

Thanks. I only ended up taking about 50 norcos during the weekend to keep me out of methadone withdrawl. It was my 30th birthday and wanted to be some what functional. The only thing I don't like about the taper is I don't know if its just prolonging the inevitable. My last dose is in two weeks and I'm supposed to quit after to norcos a day. I have a feeling that will be pretty hard

Evening everyone, hope you're all doing well.. Looking for a little input if you wouldn't mind.. I'm starting to get sick, and honestly, it's already intense.. I last used about an hour ago.. I made some tea, took a capsule of turmeric and some other organic and natural immune boosters, etc.. Still, the extreme jump in the amount of time is something I've not experienced before, and I've been an IV user for a long long time, should I be concerned?? Any ideas, suggestions or friendly responses are very welcomed
Thanks

You're getting withdrawal symptoms an hour after using..? That doesn't make sense no matter what opiate you do.

What did you use?

Blackie.. Yeah, an hour.. Not sure what's going on.. Currently how im feeling, it feels like I took some 2CB, meth, heroin and shot it.. And the taste in the back of my throat is similar to 2CB as well (I've only done 2CB a few times, have always been bad trips).. I usually get really rashy welts around the site when I get bad dope, there's no rash..