• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The official No Limit Texas Hold 'Em thread

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What could that possibly mean? That you stare into peoples' souls and solid strategy is useless?

Pretty much.

I don't completely throw strategy out of the window, I just apply a different one for every person I'm playing. Never the same for everyone. ;)

i agree that playing the player not the cards is very important, there are many different levels of player who frequent this thread.

telling people to simply "play the player not the cards" might make you feel good about your game but it doesn't really help somebody reading this who's still learning solid strategy and isn't even vaguely ready to play the player.

:\

alasdair

Well put aladairm. I was at a total loss as to how to reply to that.

What if you don't know the player?

And even if you do, a fundamental mistake almost always a fundamental mistake. Of course it's a game of swapping mistakes, but you can choose the smaller one if you know what's right and what's wrong.

Try "Playing the player" while multi-tabling and being moved from table to table within different tournaments and see how far that gets you.

poker mojo

do you guys have the same situation as i do, which is losing my "mojo" for the game of poker? it seems with the occasional and moderated (at best) drug use of mine, it's really tough to keep a positive healthy mind set while playing, getting the motivation to play, etc etc. eventually i'll try over n over, and eventually get the hang of my "A Game" but overall, i'll lose confidence at one point or another and have bizarre thoughts. i mean i've dealt with my fair share of numbers screwing with my head (and it still does) , but i've learned that my mental health is vital to the game. so, to the point.. yall got any pointers to get the blood flowing, possibly even a short-cut secret of yours to have "eye of the tiger" mentality? :)

do an hour of exercise (preferably yoga) before you sit down

Yippee Skippy said:
Well put aladairm. I was at a total loss as to how to reply to that.

What if you don't know the player?

And even if you do, a fundamental mistake almost always a fundamental mistake. Of course it's a game of swapping mistakes, but you can choose the smaller one if you know what's right and what's wrong.

Try "Playing the player" while multi-tabling and being moved from table to table within different tournaments and see how far that gets you.

I don't play online, I stick to b n m.

and when i first sit at a table and "dont know" the players, i just dont play any hands for the first few rounds just to get a feel for everyone.

any more questions?

MaxPowers said:
I don't play online, I stick to b n m.

and when i first sit at a table and "dont know" the players, i just dont play any hands for the first few rounds just to get a feel for everyone.

any more questions?
Yeah, I've got another; if you've got nothing to contribute to this thread then why post in it?

Nothing to contribute?

There are endless ways to play the game of poker, that's the beauty of it.

I was giving advice as to what I would do.

That's my contribution.

PokerStars Reload
Earn your reload bonus now

Because we want everyone to take part, we're giving you a 20%* reload bonus up to $120. Use any of our deposit options to make a qualifying deposit with the bonus code 'bop', from 8-16 April. The maximum bonus is $120 on a deposit of $600. Conditions apply.

Re-fuel your account now, because the battle has begun!

* To earn the 20% deposit bonus, a player must earn 20 VPPs per bonus dollar (example: to earn a $120 bonus you must earn 2400 VPPs). To receive your bonus, you must earn the required VPPs within 3 months of your qualifying deposit. To earn the entire $120 bonus, your first eligible deposit during the bonus period must be for $600 or more. Only the first deposit made during the bonus period is eligible for the bonus. For full bonus details click here.

This just in...
April 11, 2008

To all Cake Poker Customers:

We have received notice from ePassporte today that they are unable to continue to provide CakePoker with merchant e-wallet services. We have since confirmed that this situation is not unique to CakePoker and is, in fact, industry wide.
So, US players - time to find an alternative.

and I just got rid of my credit card that was grandfathered into the pokerstars debit deposit system

i've been watching the coverage of the 2011 world series on espn. this whole 'november 9' thing is annoying but i got over it.

am i the only one who thinks that tony hachem (joe's brother) is a complete dick?

alasdair