• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

The Official 2012 NFL Thread v. All aboard the Kaepernick bandwagon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ In Jim Harbaughs friday night press conference he said that he "wouldnt reveal who the QB is because he doesnt want to give the saints a competitive advantage".

Sure seems like Kaepernick, but it isnt official yet outside of what some beat writers and donte whitner said.

The Sickening thing is Hue Jackson wanted to trade up to get Colin in the draft, but Al didnt want to give up the extra 2nd round pick , the 2012 one, so Harbaugh jumped in in front of us and took him.

Not that he would be of any use in Knapp's shitty offense.
Oh well

Draft day "what ifs" are the fancy of bad teams. Ive heard plenty of 49er fans lament taking smith over rogers in 2005 over the years, as well as many other bad decisions for the franchise in the past. The reality is that...

a) its very difficult to tell what players truly have potential when theyre drafted outside of the top 10 or so

b) even with raw talent, most of the time a player success comes down to coaching and team play. Rarely do you see a player do it all by themselves. Maybe alex smith would have been elite if he had been drafted by a team that was a contender in 2005, we will never know. Justin blackmon is a good example of this, he was drafted by the jaguars and hasnt seen any decent passes all year until chad henne (not exactly a great qb) comes in and makes him look godly compared to gabbert.

What it really comes down to is having a strong organization that is making good decisions with the information they have when it comes to hiring a coach/gm/getting players to fill needs.

Last edited:
at 4:30pm eastern i will be the only person east of st.louis actively watching rams@cardinals

can't wait

I really hate being a Raiders fan sometimes

When JC got hurt last year, Hue should just have started Boller for the rest of the season, that way we would have gotten the #1 pick and Andrew Luck would have been our QB now.

Instead we spunked a first and 2nd on Carson, who is actually a good QB but his $17 million cap hit next year leads me to think he will be starting in Philadelphia next year

lol at steelers

I'd laugh too if I wasnt a fan. Amazing how different the team plays when Ben is out. Time to prioritize finding a quality backup since apparently they will have plenty of time do so with no playoffs to worry about this year.

Seriously man I give up on the NFL untill Reggie Mckenzie and Dennis Allen simply fuck off

Al Davis said it best ...
"The Greatness of the Raiders lies in its future"

Al Davis would be turning in his grave if he could see what these 2 chuckleheads have done to this once proud and dominant franchise.

At one point today the TV Guys flashed across the stat
Total yards
Bengals 249
Raiders 25

And this was like with 9 mins left in the first half.
I was almost physically sick

janoris jenkins with his 2nd pick-6of the game as rams take 28-17 lead and look to improve to 4-6-1, 3-0-1 in division

next week vs san fran

keep that dream alive

Brandon Browner and Richard Sherman suspended for 4 games for PED's

Loool why is Alex Smith wearing his helmet all game? Does he think he's ever playing again??

Last edited:
what a crazy finish. Ray Rice 4th and 29 and he gets 30 yards. Overtime now

That no flag on Randy Moss back then was horrible

That's a great comeback right there! Unbelievable effort by Ray Rice. Torrey, Ray, Joe the most elite QB of all time, Tuck everyone stepped up for the ugliest of ugly wins lol

Horrible schedule comin up but I want a Harbaugh Bowl 9-2 bitches gobble gobb;le

That's a great comeback right there! Unbelievable effort by Ray Rice. Torrey, Ray, Joe the most elite QB of all time, Tuck everyone stepped up for the ugliest of ugly wins lol

Horrible schedule comin up but I want a Harbaugh Bowl 9-2 bitches gobble gobb;le

lol

janoris jenkins with his 2nd pick-6of the game as rams take 28-17 lead and look to improve to 4-6-1, 3-0-1 in division

next week vs san fran

keep that dream alive

Yea, let's hope for another tie! 8)

what a crazy finish. Ray Rice 4th and 29 and he gets 30 yards. Overtime now

That no flag on Randy Moss back then was horrible

Ray Rices family watches his games at one of the casual restaurant chains, I believe it's Buffalo Wild Wings (the one in New Rochelle, NY where he [Ray Rice] is from). One of my friends took a picture with his mom there last year. I was actually surprised that they don't go to his home games, considering that New Rochelle is not terribly far from Baltimore (under a 5 hour drive), and since he actually plays a lot so it's not like they would go there and not see him play.

week 12 update: #1 team in football beaten by the browns. the browns!

:)

alasdair

week 12 update: #1 team in football beaten by the browns. the browns!

:)

alasdair
everyone knows arci has the worst sports takes on this forum

no need to rub it in

but that is awesome that browns won that gme

war the steelers not making the playoffs

Nice first half by the Giants. Hopefully they don't decide to make things interesting by giving up a bunch of points in the 3rd quarter so they need to go TD for TD in the fourth to pull off the W.

Edit: Looks like the G-Men kept it up throughout the second half. I like how 5 different players scored the touchdowns for the Giants. All 3 receivers and the 2 running backs each scored a touchdown. It's nice to see Eli spreading the love around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.