The official 2003 UK+Europe Bl meetup, bham, fri 24th oct

oh yeah, John, if Mash's going to put pressure on you, you should give it right back - I've heard you play, Mash, there's definitely an hour in there with your name on it;)

just to let you know hijinks that the cafe des artists as it was forerly known (opposite the medicine bar) has a room at the side just like the medicine bar so its pretty big, perhaps too big.

I'll have a brain storming session before I go on holiday and have a look at fucntion rooms too...

I think if we could get a sticky thread with who's coming put up it would be great, then we know (roughly) the numbers :)

hey... sounds good and under pressure from the sylike an tha puddled one... if they there then I will be :D

now if a junglist is wanted on the dex... (prod... nudge.. hint...?)

well up for it if needed anyway... plenty a FAT jungle n dnb on vinyl... can send seedy if needed...

I'll prolly be there anyway tho!! Jus sounds fat... 200 people would be just NAUGHTY...

Time to start clearin the calendar!

Tris

You're right 'jinx Mash should definatly do a set.

As for equipment, I have 2 x 1200 mk2's but if I was to put them forward I'd need a deposit of at least what I paid for them (£470 in total) to cover damage.

Also I have no car so transporting 2 decks and a record box would kill me (I'm not a body builder and technics are fucking heavy)

No one would want to use my mixer so I'm not even going to suggest that.

Maybe I could bring one deck but it's going to be really hard for me.

^^ I don't know what that is but it sounds good;)

don't anybody worry about bringing stuff unless they've got a car, if no-one can come up with one bit or another we do have friends here who can lend us stuff so don't stress too much.

probably not the best idea for me to bring it :D

mixing.jpg

Chris

Attachments

• mixing.jpg
    mixing.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 172
I wouldn't know where to start with a mixer like that =D

Music request:

Anyone hooked on vocal/hard trance music? Good house works just as long it's not to slow. It can't just be jungle, cause that's not cool. :)

funky house- the bain of my existance... its wrong, lets ban it. bluelight & funky house dont mix

JustinTime said:
Music request:

Anyone hooked on vocal/hard trance music? Good house works just as long it's not to slow. It can't just be jungle, cause that's not cool. :)
Mate practicaly every bl meetup to date has been trance/hard house type stuff.

The fact this may have D&B will be pretty much a first.

So don't try and enforce more bad music on me I've had enough of it.

as long as there is nothing with the word "funky" or "progessive" in the title i'll think about coming ;)

yeah, some jungle would go down a treat actually, and if i learn to DJ in time i'll do a Grobcore/Gabba filth/Cheese set

I was thinking of doing a funky progresive bongo rock set!!!

Guess I'll have to re-think that one.

RobertRollie said:
Is that a powered mixer?

What do you mean by powered mixer?

It's quite an old (analogue) studio mixer.

I can operate it but actually know very little about the technical specs of it. would suck for decks though :D

Chris