The official 2003 UK+Europe Bl meetup, bham, fri 24th oct

hijinx said:
I'm hoping people will rock up around 7 - 9pm. anyone wanting to come early and lend a hand putting things up, or if you have a car, helping to ferry shit between my house and the venue (a ten minute drive) that would be fantastic.

I'll happily appear around 4pm (or whenever is best) to give a hand :)

you'll wish you were in Birmingham after you see the photos!... or perhaps not...

Alpha: that would be great!

Hijinx - I'm happy to help with whatever, just let me know closer to the time. I'm sure if I didn't offer Medi would drag me along to help anyway. My Mum happens to manage a lighting shop so you can have all the fairy lights you need or anything else that I find lying around that might look good :D

At least one digicam coming B'ham way. :)

Not to worry, expansion card is coming too.

Bump!

I wrote this in another thread but, I've got a new compact flash card for my digi cam. I can't record videos though, because my cam sucks ass. But I can take +200 high quality pictures and I intend to do so.

RobertRollie said:
If everything else fails, our last course of action is to take everyone to sundissential, but we dont know if the lineup will be any good for a month or so yet.

Not a good idea, bouncers there are bastards. Once didn't get let in because I didn't look like a cyberkid. What happens if some people get knocked back?

^^Only half the bouncers there are bastards, actually, the other half are lovely. Considering that half their clientele are the most cybered up fluffy clubbers I've ever seen anywhere I'm a bit surprised! Beside, it's not an issue, as I've said about 3 billion times we have a venue already, it's confirmed, so don't stress!

Pringle: that is terrific news!! I don't suppose she has any black lights or strobes?;) Your help will be most appreciated:).

Everyone who wants to come and take pics or videos or whatever is most welcome.. and if we can get someone to set up a site to host the photos afterwards that would also be excellent.

It's terrific that so many people are going to chip in with their experience or props or whatever - this will really be a group effort:).

I have also secured a pair of Technics decks for the night from a new found friend, should these fall through we have several other pair of non technics to fall back on.. we truly are in business!

cool:) t'would be much appreciated. Keep in mind that there will be *thousands*;)

So Are we all ready to go to this? Is everything sorted? Any other issues left to deal with... etc :)

You're damn straight we're fucking well going to do this! We're looking into eq right now plus lighting - but it's all going to plan. It's all a bit quiet right now because there's not much left to do. As long as everyone turns up it's going to be the shindig of the millenium:):):):)

lighting is sorted.:)

now I'll just sit back and stress myself out about people not turning up *grin*.

I'm pretty sure I'm landing on the 23'd now.
*Whew* That gives me a night to rest. The pics will be that much crisper ;)

hijinx came up with a great idea, which will help me to pay less for my train ticket. But I don't know if I can pull the scam off.

The idea:

But the cheapest ticket available (railcard) online between Stansted and Birmingham. Then when it's time to show my ticket, I'll do a; I no speak english, I buy ticket web.

The only problem is that I'm going to have a hard time keeping a straight face, and my greatest fear is that he'll throw my ass off the train.

So how nice are the train people?

Anyone with experience being a con-artist that can give me a few pointers?

display your backpack prominently and keep your wallet empty so if he asks you to pay extra you can open it and show you've got no more money.
Having an accent got me out of trouble a few times on trains;).